Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
zimmerman has a feminine pitch voice. i would rather believe and eyewitness than a paid expert. it's not hard to find experts to support whatever evidence.
What are you saying exactly? You have spoken with Zimmerman? You have more expertise than the two experts? Which is it? Maybe both?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What are you saying exactly? You have spoken with Zimmerman? You have more expertise than the two experts? Which is it? Maybe both?
I thought you said Zimmerman has fled the country?! Why waste time?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM

381 posts, read 507,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, a good head slamming, one that left you in fear of your life, as supposedly Zimmerman's did, would warrant the attention of a physician, if not a hosptial admission.

I work in a dr's office (pediatrics) and we get at least one call a day about head injuries. I know what I'm talking about.
you should know better. kid's heads are soft, therefore no blood injuries when slammed on the ground. as for adults, not everyone has the same anatomic structures. some have thicker skulls/skin/fat than others. since you work pediatrics, you should have at least a basic understanding on human psychology.

you should also know that when the body senses a cold environment or is in survival mode, bleeding becomes less severe. i'm not an expert, just a few extracurricular books i've read in college.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nonsense. The impact from the bullet would naturally fling him backwards.

Says who? A firm hired by the parents and the vulture race baiters (al, jesse, nbpp). According to the WITNESS, the one screaming was Zimmerman, who was being beaten by Martin.

Hey, the guy is hispanic, not white.....can't USE that old canard in this case.

Neighbor defends George Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/neighbor-defends-george-zimmerman-03302012 - broken link)

I guess the neighbors are lying too.
Hispanic is an ethnicity that can be of any race. Zimmerman obviously has enough European heritage in him that he could be called white.

As far as the role that race plays in this issue, I don't think this is a case of "man who looks white gets away with killing a black kid" as much as it is "man unfairly harasses an innocent young man just because he's black". Either way, Trayvon is dead because Zimmerman had to play vigilante. Doing his job? No. All he had to do was politely get Martin's attention and ask if he was lost or what his business was at the complex.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Originally Posted by quality guy
A rank fool would not accept the spinmeister trickery that is being given to the public regarding Zimmerman.

The video was CLEAR. He was not hurt. There's a cover-up going on....and we know it.

What? Nonsense!! No bandages for a bad head wound?? No bandage for a broken nose?

Who do you think you're fooling, pal? Zimmerman was un-harmed. I believe Zimmerman is GUILTY.
then you believe the police on the scene put a false report of finding head and facial injuries on zimmerman. the cops must on zimmerman's retainer list. remember, it's your word against a few witnesses that support zimmerman's story.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Hispanic is an ethnicity that can be of any race. Zimmerman obviously has enough European heritage in him that he could be called white.

As far as the role that race plays in this issue, I don't think this is a case of "man who looks white gets away with killing a black kid" as much as it is "man unfairly harasses an innocent young man just because he's black". Either way, Trayvon is dead because Zimmerman had to play vigilante. Doing his job? No. All he had to do was politely get Martin's attention and ask if he was lost or what his business was at the complex.
Precisely! That is what I have been saying. It was totally in Zimmerman's hands to have this tragic incident go completely the other way. If nothing else, he should have backed off after he notified 911. His aggressive nature compelled him to cause this to escalate and spin out of control.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Well, "fearing for your life" is subjective, that's for sure. A good head pounding, especially on concrete which a bunch of his defenders allege, would necessitate examination by a physician to determine if he had a concussion. One can get a concussion w/o losing consciousness.
This eye witness report says the struggle took place on the grass next to a sidewalk, not on a sidewalk. And that it was the larger of the two persons who was on top before the shot was fired.

AC360 – New Witness Speaks Out About Trayvon Martin Shooting – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
you should know better. kid's heads are soft, therefore no blood injuries when slammed on the ground. as for adults, not everyone has the same anatomic structures. some have thicker skulls/skin/fat than others. since you work pediatrics, you should have at least a basic understanding on human psychology.

you should also know that when the body senses a cold environment or is in survival mode, bleeding becomes less severe. i'm not an expert, just a few extracurricular books i've read in college.
I've seen plenty of head injuries in our pediatric patients, and plenty of cuts to the head, with copious bleeding. If the skin is broken, it will bleed.

Concussion: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you call your child's doctor for advice if your child receives anything more than a light bump on the head

HealthyChildren.org - AAP Updates Guidelines on Sports-Related Concussions (http://www.healthychildren.org/English/news/Pages/AAP-Updates-Guidelines-on-Sports-Related-Concussions.aspx - broken link)

http://www.childrenscolorado.org/pdf...sion_facts.pdf

I will remind you that Zimmerman is hardly a "child". And don't tell me how to do my business again. Your last sentence says it all. People who read a few books are proof positive of the saying "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing'.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I've seen plenty of head injuries in our pediatric patients, and plenty of cuts to the head, with copious bleeding. If the skin is broken, it will bleed.

Concussion: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you call your child's doctor for advice if your child receives anything more than a light bump on the head

HealthyChildren.org - AAP Updates Guidelines on Sports-Related Concussions (http://www.healthychildren.org/English/news/Pages/AAP-Updates-Guidelines-on-Sports-Related-Concussions.aspx - broken link)

http://www.childrenscolorado.org/pdf...sion_facts.pdf

I will remind you that Zimmerman is hardly a "child". And don't tell me how to do my business again. Your last sentence says it all. People who read a few books are proof positive of the saying "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing'.
A head injury is scary because one never know the extent until it is checked out medically. I cannot fathom than any EMT person would take it upon themselves to make a clean bill of health diagnosis at the scene of a crime that verified the type of beating that Zimmerman claimed to have been subjected to.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
LoL, didn't you hear the 911 recording? it was on the link i replied to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies