Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Don't waste your time. Look at the post about how since the prosecutor is a "Republican" that Zimmerman will surely walk. ALL Republicans are racist, didn't you know that?
I guess we will see. This Republican should have never been let near this case. Before the tea party Republicans were questionable on race at best. Now it is no doubt that Trayvon was murdered and his killer will walk because this prosecutor has certain "feelings" as expressed by many on this board. I don't have to list them everyone knows what those certain "feelings" are.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,549,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Oh it matters, and a lot, BUT...yes I do get your point. It doesn't matter within the context of whether Zimmerman provoked the young man to hit him and then shot him. THAT--I am very open-minded to being a likelihood IF...we are getting some truth on this situation and it's sounding like we may be.

It matters a lot that NBC, a national news organization that way, too many liberals respect and listen to, DID THIS!! They altered/edited a news piece to make Zimmerman sound racist. SO...

if race riots ensue should NBC be charged for being complicit if folks die in the riots, and lose their very livelihoods/businesses?!

What do you have to say about the picture of Trayvon Fox aired and it turned out not to be Trayvon? Its sad how everyone have embedded themselves into this tragedy to turn it into a political war.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 PM

19,868 posts, read 12,159,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Didn't know this. Thats it, zimmerman will walk for sure. She will find a way. She probably will arrest Trayvons father somehow.
What are you basing this accusation on? Esp. the last sentence.

Goodness, people come up with some wacky stories when trying to race bait.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
First off, not did, do. I am still 3 yrs away from retirement and, I am still a working police officer.

Second, I am a black man (I've openly stated this on many of my posts and have stood up against racism, and argued with people who say there is no racism).

Finally, in all those years, I've met ONE police officer who I knew was openly racist. I, and others, got him fired. Questionable morals/ethics? A few. Again, most of those types of police officers are weeded out very quickly.

One thing you and others DO NOT see, are the numbers of police officers who are FIRED. You don't hear about it. I went to the police academy with 42 people in it; there are FIVE of us still in the profession. The rest have all quit, been retired medically, or were fired for doing stupid things.

This is not the age of "The Choir Boys." Whether you, or anyone else, believes it or not, police officers DO NOT cover up for one another anymore. Its too risky, because of public opinion. I have personally sent several police officers to prison and others fired for their poor decisions.

At the sometime, understand, we are, before being police officers, HUMAN BEINGS. That is something people forget. If you saw me walking down the street, you would just see another bald black guy. You would probably cross the street, thinking I was a "thug."

But, I am a human being. I have flaws. Vices and golly gee whiz, I make mistakes too. The general public expect police officers to be Supermen and were not. We are recruited from the same neighborhoods you live in. The same high schools, same military units, same colleges. We are nothing special; we just do an extraordinary job.
When cops have a bad day, people die. That is why they need to pay more and be more selective about who they hire.

4,042 posts, read 3,535,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Really it sounds like they edited out the police questions. I don't think that is malicious, but it is bad reporting.

I can hear in the 911 tapes that a young kid yelled for help, twice, before he was shot. When people are yelling for help, they aren't a threat. Zimmerman is guilty, from the evidence I've seen thus far.
They knew what they were doing. To put his words run-together like that and they, the national news media knows all about race issues.
Make excuses for them if you must, there's no excuse for what they did, editing out a couple of seconds of the 911 caller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Whoa, back that thought up there, sir. They did WORSE than accuse him.

They, in reality edited his phonecall to make him INTO a RACIST.

This truth is undeniable.

Not a sir.

There is nothing worst than accusing someone and again for the record, NBC is NOT the only news organization that edit and distort. As far as the racists label, Zimmerman is not the poster child for innocense in that respect.

1,489 posts, read 3,093,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I ask a question and I'm waiting for a response. I believe the right wing of country is racist and they hold many powerful positions. I believe they practice this racism behind rules and laws that they apply as they see fit. Again I'm talking about tea party/right wing

This is about the Zimmerman Martin case, not the racist right wingers. EVERY single post you made here is about racism. The media and these marchers have made this into a racial issue, when it shouldn't be the case, it's about justice. Show some proof right now about racism in the picture, and not what you "believe".

Yes there could be some racism involved, but if you want to "believe" things, this case will never get resolved because some believe Martins was the aggressor, some believe Zimmerman was, some believe if Zimmerman woke up an hour later that day things wouldn't have happened the way they did. We can't believe things and need to go with the facts to get to the bottom of this. There is no obvious signs of racism so find them or drop it.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM

78,661 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What are the various news outlets you're talking about?

This is a single broadcast by a single network.

It's hard to see how this can be justified by any legitimate journalistic judgment, and I am sure that when NBC completes its internal investigation someone is likely to be reprimanded or even fired, but you're going way overboard here.
Yeah, but CNN was running the mugshot looking pic of zimmerman next to the picture of trayvon when he was like 12 years old.....and others ran those photos too.

I think Zimmerman acted wrongly, stupidly and isn't a real cop for a dang good reason. However, the media has been pushing the racism angle hard from the get-go and this is just the most blatant example.

I don't think the push for ratings should come at the expense of inciting racial divisity when it may very well just be that Capt. Mallcop is merely a complete moron.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If the police had a case yet he'd have been arrested. Or, do you have info. to share with law enforcement of which they are not yet aware?

The police requested a warrant to arrest Zimmerman, but in a matter of hours the Prosecutor said no. Without a full investigation.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,535,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What do you have to say about the picture of Trayvon Fox aired and it turned out not to be Trayvon? Its sad how everyone have embedded themselves into this tragedy to turn it into a political war.

Have we yet been shown true pics of Treyvon, and I mean what he looked like at 17 and not 13? by any news media? I have to say.....FOX didn't libel or slander someone.

NBC is in bed with our Communists in the Oval office. FOX is not. They are the number one news media cuz they are on TV to bring us news and them make an income.

NBC has an agenda to lift up the left and help defeat the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies