Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,907 times

Advertisements

[quote=Sunnysee;23682174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.[/quote]

He dang sure does have a case! NBC.....in-bed with the BO administration and apparently the hateful, inciteful Sharpton and Jackson.

I so cherish free speech, but this editing the tape NBC did to make Zimmer sound racist was not free speech, it was a crime in some way....libelous or slanderous. Charge NBC with a crime?

I know how you enjoy making everything about this administration. But how did the President and others stage this tragedy for their benefit?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I tend to agree with you except that the local DA fouled this case up from the get go. Lots of people are blaming the Sanford Police but it has become clear that the Detective submitted the charges to the local DA. Apparently the Detective, with years of experience, believed there was enough doubt on Zimmerman's story to press charges. But it appears the DA just did not want to fool with the thing and hoped it would just "go away".
Who I believed should be investigated after everything is said and done

Old 04-02-2012, 02:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you, that the media would do such a thing. They report only the facts, without editing, without bias, without an agenda.

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!!

There's no bias in the media! Ask any liberal!
Especially when the network is owned by Government Electric (see Obama job czar Immelt).

Old 04-02-2012, 02:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Don't waste your time. Look at the post about how since the prosecutor is a "Republican" that Zimmerman will surely walk. ALL Republicans are racist, didn't you know that?
I don't think that he will walk, he will get some time but not what everyone feels that he deserves

Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The media will be complicit in Zimmerman walking away a free man should there ever be a trial. The jury pool is beyond corrupted. They'll have to move the trial to Dutch Harbor, Alaska if they want to find 12 people who haven't read, seen, or heard the lies put forth by NBC and others.

Dang...I'm at work and can't take a drink yet. Urrggg Have to somewhat agree with you again sober, but its not just NBC. Its also Fox. They've circulated a picture from the internet claiming it was Trayvon when it was not.

3,807 posts, read 4,278,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Let me ask you something. In all those years you did this work can you honestly tell me you didn't know of a significant number of racist or at best officers of questionable ethics and characters?
First off, not did, do. I am still 3 yrs away from retirement and, I am still a working police officer.

Second, I am a black man (I've openly stated this on many of my posts and have stood up against racism, and argued with people who say there is no racism).

Finally, in all those years, I've met ONE police officer who I knew was openly racist. I, and others, got him fired. Questionable morals/ethics? A few. Again, most of those types of police officers are weeded out very quickly.

One thing you and others DO NOT see, are the numbers of police officers who are FIRED. You don't hear about it. I went to the police academy with 42 people in it; there are FIVE of us still in the profession. The rest have all quit, been retired medically, or were fired for doing stupid things.

This is not the age of "The Choir Boys." Whether you, or anyone else, believes it or not, police officers DO NOT cover up for one another anymore. Its too risky, because of public opinion. I have personally sent several police officers to prison and others fired for their poor decisions.

At the sometime, understand, we are, before being police officers, HUMAN BEINGS. That is something people forget. If you saw me walking down the street, you would just see another bald black guy. You would probably cross the street, thinking I was a "thug."

But, I am a human being. I have flaws. Vices and golly gee whiz, I make mistakes too. The general public expect police officers to be Supermen and were not. We are recruited from the same neighborhoods you live in. The same high schools, same military units, same colleges. We are nothing special; we just do an extraordinary job.

1,182 posts, read 1,140,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
For the record, I think Zimmerman could possibly face at minimum a lawsuit for "wrongful death". The lawsuit might well fail, but I think someone might think it is worth a shot. I say that because Zimmerman was armed and told by police that he should cease following Trayvon Martin. If he follows the police instruction, Martin is alive today. However, as for Zimmerman being charged because he is bigger, or older, I think those factors are irrelevant to his guilt. And there is no evidence that I've seen that proves he was the aggressor. Something might turn up that swings the evidence against Zimmerman, but for right now it is a standoff, and I don't think a standoff can find a conviction.
I said he was the initial aggressor. It was him who stalked Martin who was walking and minding his own business. Martin did not do anything to invite Zimmerman's attention. That makes him suspect in the first place and it is quite relavent to what happened. If a person sets events in motion that end badly for himself and/or somebody else, that is highly suspect to me. He should have never exited his car unless he witnessed Martin in a criminal act. He is not a cop and has no right to accost people on the street. So to me, it was Zimmerman who set the thing in motion. That is why I think he should be charged. But with what, only the evidence will tell when it comes forward.

4,042 posts, read 3,532,010 times
[quote=blackandproud;23682290]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

I know how you enjoy making everything about this administration. But how did the President and others stage this tragedy for their benefit?
How did you get to this, that I claimed the "staged it?!"

They are USING it for all it's worth and worse.....they, the famous lefties with the celebrity status, Jackson and Sharpton are inciting violence and so truly, not cuz I say so, that even the

NAACP has reprimanded Sharpton publicly.

NBC is so in-bed with Obama's administration that after he won historic election, NBC announced that they were setting up shop RIGHT IN the white house.

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Oh it matters, and a lot, BUT...yes I do get your point. It doesn't matter within the context of whether Zimmerman provoked the young man to hit him and then shot him. THAT--I am very open-minded to being a likelihood IF...we are getting some truth on this situation and it's sounding like we may be.

It matters a lot that NBC, a national news organization that way, too many liberals respect and listen to, DID THIS!! They altered/edited a news piece to make Zimmerman sound racist. SO...

if race riots ensue should NBC be charged for being complicit if folks die in the riots, and lose their very livelihoods/businesses?!
Really it sounds like they edited out the police questions. I don't think that is malicious, but it is bad reporting.

I can hear in the 911 tapes that a young kid yelled for help, twice, before he was shot. When people are yelling for help, they aren't a threat. Zimmerman is guilty, from the evidence I've seen thus far.

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Doesn't matter, the man should be in jail from the unedited information alone.
If the police had a case yet he'd have been arrested. Or, do you have info. to share with law enforcement of which they are not yet aware?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies