Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
What on earth are you yammering on about?

Maybe you should exit your personal Ivory Tower and ask people directly why they don't use condoms, why they do/don't use PP services, why they feel the need to have a child or not.

Anything else just seems to be one crabby guy making expansive value judgments to appease his own sense of superiority.
Reading comprehension is where it's at. If you don't understand, not my problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'll not dignify this comment beyond this: If you can't see the difference between making the choice to have sex......that can and does result in pregnancy....and a person who develops a disease through no choice of their own......then there's no reason whatsoever to continue debating with you.
Hey, that's your choice. Typical, though.

Look, the pregnancies exist. You've not offered a single realistic solution. For that fact alone, 'debating' you is an act of futility.

Do you propose eliminating the coverage for prenatal care?

Edit: 38 minutes later and..... ::::crickets::::

Last edited by rayneinspain; 04-05-2012 at 02:01 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM

629 posts, read 771,941 times
Default has her degree in Accounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Those are things that people don't choose though. Having a baby is a choice...I think most people know where babies come from.

Thats right, and thats why when I was 41 and had been paying into medicaide or over 20 years i didnt have 1 qualm about allowing the state/FED program to deliver my first two children. My job (I was a career machinist) was sent over seas and I found myslef driving a bus part time almost exactly at the poverty level for the state I lived in at the time. This allowed my wife all the pre/post natal WIC and other programs providing my wife and children top notch medical care and nutrition. Ive since retrained under a NAFTA grant and my wife has her degree and now a great accounting job so we are doing well and again paying heavy into medicaide.

As a card carrying republiucan I can say through experience the safety net out there before Obamacare was more than adequate. From my experience in dealing with our social welfare system it covered my every need including medical when I was in need.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
I is stereotypical republican who iz angry my tax dollars are helping out folks witout personal responsibility. I angry at criminals who make me pay for police, I angry at terrorist for making me pay for army, I angry at dumb people who smoke in bed that make me pay for fireman. Why can't people just act wit personal responsibilty so I no pay taxes.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I is stereotypical republican who iz angry my tax dollars are helping out folks witout personal responsibility. I angry at criminals who make me pay for police, I angry at terrorist for making me pay for army, I angry at dumb people who smoke in bed that make me pay for fireman. Why can't people just act wit personal responsibilty so I no pay taxes.
+1

.....and will you darn kids get the heck off my lawn!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL, Republicans exist in only two states of emotion.

1. Angry that someone is having more fun or enjoying life more than they are.

2. Scared out of their wits about some boogeyman like latinos, blacks, women and Muslims.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Planned Parenthood is the reason why guys don't carry condoms in their wallets anymore? Planned Parenthood is operating in high schools now and other social hangouts in attempt to influence personal responibility? Is that what you're saying?
No. You asked what people did before PP and I answered. Guys carried condoms in their wallets.

Carry on.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Exactly what income makes one 'worthy' of having a child?
It's not a matter of being worthy. If a person can't afford the cost of a basic no-complications childbirth, they certainly can't afford to raise a child.

I certainly do whatever I can to prevent/avoid things I can't afford. Sure - the occassional accident happens, but that is not what people are upset about. It is the blatent disregard for the consequences of ones actions and the entitlement that some people believe is theirs for the taking.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
It's not a matter of being worthy. If a person can't afford the cost of a basic no-complications childbirth, they certainly can't afford to raise a child.

I certainly do whatever I can to prevent/avoid things I can't afford. Sure - the occassional accident happens, but that is not what people are upset about. It is the blatent disregard for the consequences of ones actions and the entitlement that some people believe is theirs for the taking.
I'm so glad you can predict the outcome of everyone's life, based on the circumstances surrounding a single event.

Yes, I was unemployed and on Medicaid for the birth of my daughter. Again, not the circumstances I would have wished for. Soon after, I was making $12.75/hr as an entry-level coder and, while it was a struggle at times, was successfully supporting my children. But, as time went on, my income increased dramatically, as it has continued to do so.

It's ridiculous to assume that one's income is stagnant throughout life, or that circumstances do not change. Ours changed for the better (relatively quickly, too), as it does for many people.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
If you want to regulate who can have children or how many they can have then you are not truly for women being able to make their own choices.
If you can completely pay for your talk and choices in life yourself, fine.

If you want to have others pay for your talk, then you should be limited as to the support you get from taxpayers for your choices in life.

In most cases it should be limited help for a limited time; then all women making their own choices should get off their precious back side and go to work and pay for themselves and children. If you need to go chase various baby daddys as well, do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies