Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
All those studies factor in the money conservatives give to churches. Liberals do give way more in charity when you don't factor in that right wingers give money to their religious cults.
Oh, so we're "cults" now.

But your statement is simply not true, as evidenced by the tax returns of liberal politicians, when compared to Republican politicians.

When you make such ridiculous comments, you destroy your credibility. You have no substance. Like most liberals, you can only insult, bully, berate, and criticize. You have no arguments to support your views. You blindly follow the leftist ideology with no idea of where it ultimately leads. It is a path to destruction (yours). Worst of all, it is a path to the destruction of our liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It doesn't matter whether you feel it is a "cult" or not.

The money that the churches receive fund food banks, feed the elderly and do many other good things.

Are you seeing the point here? When government allows us to keep more of OUR money, WE get to choose where that money goes.
Our church sent people to Haiti twice each year to do work at the hospital there. They improved the electrical wiring, worked on new construction projects, and many other things that were needed. These trips cost money. Without the selfless giving of people at the church, these trips would not have been possible, to say nothing of the fact that people gave their time (which meant time off from their jobs).

I don't see liberals involved in such things. They are too busy "Occupying" Wall Street, asking for free stuff.

I wonder how much charitable work Sandra Fluke (rhymes with "duck") has been involved with? She has been too busy making sure babies are aborted.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
Defensive much? All I did was ask a question.
Right. You never expected an answer to it. Right?

You were setting bait, and you know it.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
I would think that 'conserving' also included blood and land.
Conserving the most important part of your country.

The actual country.

The land itself and the basis for all life growing on it.
LOL.

Any environmentally conscious conservatives on these boards?
What are your thoughts on this?
Can conservatives be stewards of the Earth?

Is it possible? Thanks.
Republicans have a problem with cause and effect....they live, like 2-year-olds, in the "right this minute" and are incapable of seeing how somthing done today wil affect somthing else and something else...and on down the line. They have great difficulty with logic and going from A to B to C.
They think science is voodoo, black magic...something to be very afraid of..

And they certainly don't care what kind of world their kids, grandkids, great grandkids will inherit.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Hey, I see my house!
And if you look way over to the far right edge of the Earth picture, Romney can see his money.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Our church sent people to Haiti twice each year to do work at the hospital there. They improved the electrical wiring, worked on new construction projects, and many other things that were needed. These trips cost money. Without the selfless giving of people at the church, these trips would not have been possible, to say nothing of the fact that people gave their time (which meant time off from their jobs).

I don't see liberals involved in such things. They are too busy "Occupying" Wall Street, asking for free stuff.

I wonder how much charitable work Sandra Fluke (rhymes with "duck") has been involved with? She has been too busy making sure babies are aborted.
If you really think that the OWS people are asking for free stuff you`re truly clueless.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Good luck with that one. The GOP's core positions are to hell with the environment, profits are more important.
Let's just be clear here: I think farms growing food to eat are more important than saving some imagined "endangered" species. Are you aware that you environmentalists have shut off water to some of the most fertile farmland in our country, where much of our food is grown? And much of that food also used to be exported to the rest of the world.

We are now using 40% of our corn for fuel (ethenol), forcing the price of food to skyrocket, because corn is feed for livestock. Pork, poultry and eggs, beef, all going up dramatically.

We have oil for fuel. But some "bright" environmentalists think oil is a bad thing, so we make fuel from food! Is that smart? And ethenol is not as good as fuel made from oil.

That's what your side is doing. Is that stupid, or what? You tell me.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM

865 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Defensive much? All I did was ask a question.
You lost me here...don't start a thread if you're not open to criticism.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Environmental restrictions might have an impact on profits.
Americans choose profits over conservation.
I think it's a great idea. My only sympathies are for the wildlife that have to suffer from a toxic environment. For the humans in it, you deserve it.
All this is imagined. You need to seek help.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Huh? The Republicans don't care about the environment? It isn't the Republicans who want to legalize millions of illegal aliens in our country which puts added demands on our environment, natural resources, etc. It is the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies