Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
His entire story is full of holes. Black strangers call him out on not being Black enough, yet he swears that he's light enough to pass for Hispanic or Arab. Those Blacks must have DNA readers or something to make that supposed massive leap...
The worst thing that I have seen or heard regarding light skinned or mixed race men was that "they were out of style" and that they were in style in 77, 78, 79 and 83

Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I can't speak for your experiences so therefore I cannot refute them, but I have never heard or seen anyone who has mixed ethnicities ever get harrassed because of the color of their skin by other blacks since I was 12! Many people that I know (both black and white) look at them as being exotic (mostly women) and are not as threatening towards whites as their darker skinned brethren

Again, I have met people who were never treated badly by whites and claim their is no racial problem in America. I don't look "exotic," I look "Dominican".

As for never "never getting harassed," see here for what a prominent black American thinks about mixed race females:

Kanye believe it?! Mixed-race girls branded 'mutts' / Music News // Drowned In Sound

Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
His entire story is full of holes. Black strangers call him out on not being Black enough, yet he swears that he's light enough to pass for Hispanic or Arab. Those Blacks must have DNA readers or something to make that supposed massive leap...

Okay, so if an Aboriginal Australian was walking around Alabama and was called the N word, would you say those whites had "DNA readers" or something? After all, Native Australians have less African DNA than Europeans.

Like I have said, repeatedly, they call me names set aside for Latinos if they don't know me, and then a munch of terms set aside for mixed race people if they do (half breed, mutt, Oreo etc)

Oh, so if they do call me "S*****!" without knowing I'm half black, than I guess that's okay, huh?

But than again, there is no tension between Latinos and black Americans....

Black racist beat Hispanic man to death - YouTube

Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Self hatered and ignorance is eating you up isn't it? It is so bad that you don't realize just how much that you sound like these southern neo-nazis
So, by saying black Americans should take pride in their African roots and be more like our cousins who come here from the same place our slave ancestors came from and less like "massa" wanted us to be, that means I suffer from "self hatred" Okay...

When I look at the culture of blacks in African vs the culture of American blacks, I just shake my head...why not try to be more like Patrice Lumumba and less like Tupac? Oh, I forgot, saying so makes me sound "self hating..."

I would MUCH RATHER identify with my Hausa and Fulani ancestors than with the Blood, the Crips and Gangstalicious.

These are my ancestors as reveled by DNA testing...

HAUSA-HAOUSSA-

Now, why should we as people of direct African blood take less pride in them then we do in this:

Ludacris - Area Codes (feat. Nate Dogg) - YouTube

I love being African and having African DNA, as all blacks should. If able, I believe that all people of slave descent in America should visit Africa, as I hope to see Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal some day and see where are ancestors walked...but that isn't good enough to a bunch of slave minded numbskulls who think I'm an Uncle Tom because I hate the culture of pig feet, uncouth behavior and lack of work ethic

In the words of one of the few decent rap groups ever (who, btw, like all good rappers came from at least a decade ago) "That's the story yall, of a black man, acting like a N****R getting stomped by an African"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...ay-peopl_music

Old 05-30-2012, 06:14 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
So Vp,have you mentored to poor black children in the ghetto?
Maybe stop the cycle while they are still young?
maybe instead of complianing on a forum and wasting time,help out.
I would tell the same to Diddy,50 cent,Oprah,Bill Cosby,Allen West,etc.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So Vp,have you mentored to poor black children in the ghetto?
Maybe stop the cycle while they are still young?
maybe instead of complianing on a forum and wasting time,help out.
I would tell the same to Diddy,50 cent,Oprah,Bill Cosby,Allen West,etc.
I have asked him the same question twice in this thread....and he ignored the question twice, as well.

Let's see if he answers it this time.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have asked him the same question twice in this thread....and he ignored the question twice, as well.

Let's see if he answers it this time.
I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS TWICE! I got out the ghetto with no help from any volunteer "mentor," so why should I waste my time on some ghetto slime brat? No one is stopping them from going to the library and reading or asking a teacher for extra help.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS TWICE! I got out the ghetto with no help from any volunteer "mentor," so why should I waste my time on some ghetto slime brat? No one is stopping them from going to the library and reading or asking a teacher for extra help.
This statement is very telling....about YOU.

So according to this statement, you are/were also ghetto slime, right?

And just an FYI, how would you feel if people judged you based upon where you were from and not based on your accomplishments? Why are "they" ghetto slime if you are from the same place? Please remember that many will continue to judge you just as harshly as you judge others of your background.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This statement is very telling....about YOU.

So according to this statement, you are/were also ghetto slime, right?

And just an FYI, how would you feel if people judged you based upon where you were from and not based on your accomplishments? Why are "they" ghetto slime if you are from the same place? Please remember that many will continue to judge you just as harshly as you judge others of your background.
Several Black people told me straight up they don't respect the ghetto life cause they got out. Their attitude is if "I" could do it: why not "you"? The "you" being hood rats.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Several Black people told me straight up they don't respect the ghetto life cause they got out. Their attitude is if "I" could do it: why not "you"? The "you" being hood rats.
Well, I had a very privileged upbringing and I have mentored young girls who are growing up without the advantages that I had in life. I believe that it is extremely important to be an example of success to young girls who have no one to model themselves after in their daily lives. And it is not about "respecting the ghetto life, it is about respecting individuals. The unwillingness to reach back and help others (not to mention vilifying them) is a very sad commentary.

What people like victorianpunk forget is that those of us who were raised with privilege could just as easily turn our noses up at someone like him. He may have been able to educate himself but he obviously would not have the hallmarks of being raised middle/upper class. Should he be penalized for that fact as he penalizes others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies