Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times

Advertisements

It is sad that of all the "races", being black is what least people wants to be associated with if they can help it. And most of the time they cant help it because the rest of society have already made up their mind about that. If you have just one tiny tiny drop of black blood floating in your veins you are black and that's all you are. How many non black people would "jump up and sheer "if they found out they had black ancestors. Not as many as if it would be if they found out they had Swedish ancestry. ( just an example)
So the question here is why are people not prouder of their black heritage? Why are they not embracing it! Because there are so much baggage and negativity that have followed black Americans and they cannot shake it off fast enough. And it does not seem to be a much desire to do so either among the younger generations.
What can be done about that?

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

And FYI, most Black Americans are of "mixed" racial ancestry. Heck, even Condoleezza Rice is of 40% European ancestry and she's fairly dark skinned. So, you really ahttp://www.city-data.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=24449995re NOT that unique, the rest of us simply do not have a complex about it.
For the tenth time, how many blacks grew up with Italian members of their family, including some from the Old Country? Also, again, blacks are not as "mixed" as was once thought:

Quote:
In contrast, African-Americans are much more racially mixed than European-Americans. Yet, Shriver's study shows that they are less European that was previously believed.
Earlier, cruder studies, done before direct genetic testing was feasible, suggested that African-Americans were 25 or even 30 percent white. Shriver's project is not complete, but with data from 25 sites already in, he is coming up with 17-18 percent white ancestry among African-Americans. That's the equivalent of 106 of those 128 of your ancestors from seven generations ago having been Africans and 22 Europeans.

According to Shriver, only about 10 percent of African-Americans are over 50 percent white.

Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

Also, how many blacks are the same exact skin color as this guy:

I've been told I kind of look like him...and I am just slightly lighter than Mr. Shyamalan and get mistaken for Indian all the time...and, again for the tenth time, how many times do blacks get mistaken for Dominican, or Brazilian, or Indian? How many times to Latinos come up to them shocked that they don't speak Spanish? Or, better yet, how many times do BLACKS approach those BLACKS and call them ethnic slurs reserved for Latinos because they think they are brown skinned Latinos? (happened to me a bunch of times)

Face it, the mixed experience and the black experience are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
We have to be honest here, many blacks do hate themselves. We were taught to hate ourselves for over hundred's of years because of who we are. I am sure if there was a pill to turn white many blacks would rush to take it, and other minorities as well. In 2012, blacks the world over are taking bleaching cream to lighten their skin. This board is evident many blacks hate themselves, especially when many go out of there way to get rep points from whites by putting down blacks and acting as if everything white is good.
So, in other words, saying that the social ills that are black's own fault are wrong and that blacks should stop having babies out of wedlock, stop doing drugs and stop being so damn ghetto means "I hate blacks"?

So I guess in your eyes this is another "self hating black man":

Blacks are Screwed By no one else but Themselves - YouTube

So excuse me while I pursue education, proper English and other such "white" things and shun crime, drugs, "music" that degrades women and other such "black things."

Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I don't know why people continue to post of this ridiculous topic. If you are a racist or self-hating uncle tom, who actually cares? Minorities and black people are here to stay. There isn't a thing you can do about it. Most of us could care less if you like, dislike or condemn us.
So, because I say I am not entirely black I am a "self hating uncle Tom"...if I were to say I am not entirely white, would that make me a self hating white man?

Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So, in other words, saying that the social ills that are black's own fault are wrong and that blacks should stop having babies out of wedlock, stop doing drugs and stop being so damn ghetto means "I hate blacks"?

So I guess in your eyes this is another "self hating black man":

Blacks are Screwed By no one else but Themselves - YouTube

So excuse me while I pursue education, proper English and other such "white" things and shun crime, drugs, "music" that degrades women and other such "black things."
Where did I say or imply such things in my post? At this point this is proof that you are only arguing for the sake of arguing. Circular arguments are worthless. I am done with this thread.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
It is sad that of all the "races", being black is what least people wants to be associated with if they can help it. And most of the time they cant help it because the rest of society have already made up their mind about that. If you have just one tiny tiny drop of black blood floating in your veins you are black and that's all you are. How many non black people would "jump up and sheer "if they found out they had black ancestors. Not as many as if it would be if they found out they had Swedish ancestry. ( just an example)
So the question here is why are people not prouder of their black heritage? Why are they not embracing it! Because there are so much baggage and negativity that have followed black Americans and they cannot shake it off fast enough. And it does not seem to be a much desire to do so either among the younger generations.
What can be done about that?
First off, how many BLACK people would flip out if they found out that they have Jewish blood in their veins? TONS!

Second, we mixed people are not DENYING WE HAVE BLACK IN US. We are just saying that we are NOT BLACK and that we are NO MORE BLACK THAN WE ARE WHITE, NATIVE, HISPANIC, ASIAN ETC.

Let me ask you this: WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING MIXED? Why should I run away from the pardo/biracial/mulatto/coloured label? Why do so many mixed people turn around and say "I am not black and anything else: I am just black!"

I'll tell you why: IT IS NOT EASY BEING MIXED RACE. Whites will never fully except you and neither will blacks. It is MUCH EASIER being a part of the twelve percent minority (blacks) than being part of a two percent minority (self reported mixed race people)

I take pride in being mixed, and hope others do the same. Be they the Pardos of Brazil, the Coloureds of South Africa, the Mulattoes of the Caribbean, the Metis of Canada, the Mestizos of Latin America or the Basters of Namibia, we mixed people are everywhere and are coming growing in number. We are the future and we should be proud of who were are, AND WE SHOULDN'T LET ANYONE, WHITE OR BLACK, TELL US OTHERWISE.

Also...WHO SAID I AM NOT PROUD OF HAVING AFRICAN BLOOD IN ME? Of course I am. These were my ancestors:

TIMBUKTU: Untold Black History Pt. 1 - YouTube

Sankora University of Timbuktu, btw, had mathematics that today have been ranked at modern university levels.

I am also proud of THESE ANCESTORS:

HBO Rome - First 3 Minutes - YouTube

So, why should I choose one over the other?

Funny thing is, NO ONE would have an issue with someone identifying as French and Italian, despite the fact that my Roman ancestors ENSLAVED the ancestors of the French. Rome only traded with west Africa, and never fought them.

None of my ancestors ever had beef with one another...in fact, the Father of Italy offered to fight and maybe die to help my slave ancestors:

Giuseppe Garibaldi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 AM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Sorry to disappoint you but your little immigrant game of "bottom of the totem pole" doesn't work on me. I know who I am. I know the lineage from whence I come. And I am not easily toppled by some fresh off the boat wannabe.

T'is all.
Yes you're a half-caste who is thrown off keel by the OP because he admits who and what he is while you'd rather continue to pretend to be what I am.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
For the tenth time, how many blacks grew up with Italian members of their family, including some from the Old Country? Also, again, blacks are not as "mixed" as was once thought:

Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

Also, how many blacks are the same exact skin color as this guy:

I've been told I kind of look like him...and I am just slightly lighter than Mr. Shyamalan and get mistaken for Indian all the time...and, again for the tenth time, how many times do blacks get mistaken for Dominican, or Brazilian, or Indian? How many times to Latinos come up to them shocked that they don't speak Spanish? Or, better yet, how many times do BLACKS approach those BLACKS and call them ethnic slurs reserved for Latinos because they think they are brown skinned Latinos? (happened to me a bunch of times)
Face it, the mixed experience and the black experience are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
Again, your experience is not very "unique". I grew up with mostly Black Creoles in Los Angeles; many of whom looked like everything but Black. People sometimes ask if I'm a Pacific Islander, but guess what, I'm BLACK. And I am proud to be Black. I have cousins who look as if they don't have a drop of Black blood in them, but guess what? They are proud to be Black and they embrace their African ancestry.

So, again I am really not "impressed" by your Italian ancestry. You really are not very unique. Maybe you should spend more time working on resolving the issues of your past regarding your mixed race ancestry.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Yes you're a half-caste who is thrown off keel by the OP because he admits who and what he is while you'd rather continue to pretend to be what I am.
LOL. How pathetic.

I am proud of who I am. I have no desire to even know what you are, let alone desire to be who you are.

You came to MY country. So obviously you want what I have.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
First off, how many BLACK people would flip out if they found out that they have Jewish blood in their veins? TONS!

Second, we mixed people are not DENYING WE HAVE BLACK IN US. We are just saying that we are NOT BLACK and that we are NO MORE BLACK THAN WE ARE WHITE, NATIVE, HISPANIC, ASIAN ETC.

Let me ask you this: WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING MIXED? Why should I run away from the pardo/biracial/mulatto/coloured label? Why do so many mixed people turn around and say "I am not black and anything else: I am just black!"

I'll tell you why: IT IS NOT EASY BEING MIXED RACE. Whites will never fully except you and neither will blacks. It is MUCH EASIER being a part of the twelve percent minority (blacks) than being part of a two percent minority (self reported mixed race people)

I take pride in being mixed, and hope others do the same. Be they the Pardos of Brazil, the Coloureds of South Africa, the Mulattoes of the Caribbean, the Metis of Canada, the Mestizos of Latin America or the Basters of Namibia, we mixed people are everywhere and are coming growing in number. We are the future and we should be proud of who were are, AND WE SHOULDN'T LET ANYONE, WHITE OR BLACK, TELL US OTHERWISE.

Also...WHO SAID I AM NOT PROUD OF HAVING AFRICAN BLOOD IN ME? Of course I am. These were my ancestors:

TIMBUKTU: Untold Black History Pt. 1 - YouTube

Sankora University of Timbuktu, btw, had mathematics that today have been ranked at modern university levels.

I am also proud of THESE ANCESTORS:

HBO Rome - First 3 Minutes - YouTube

So, why should I choose one over the other?

Funny thing is, NO ONE would have an issue with someone identifying as French and Italian, despite the fact that my Roman ancestors ENSLAVED the ancestors of the French. Rome only traded with west Africa, and never fought them.

None of my ancestors ever had beef with one another...in fact, the Father of Italy offered to fight and maybe die to help my slave ancestors:

Giuseppe Garibaldi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why are you so fixated on your heritage? Who, other than YOU, actually gives a damn about your racial background; or your level of pride, or lack thereof, in being biracial? Furthermore, when did you become the spokesperson for the biracial population? Please speak for yourself. Unlike you, most biracial people do not have your pathological obsession with racial identity. I know plenty, including those in my family, and NONE have your issues.

How many times must you post these pathetic diatribes and proclaim your half-white heritage? How many times must you post photos of light-skinned people and compare your skin tone to theirs? How many times must you tell us others mistake you for being this or that? How many times must you whine about the mean-spirited black folks who refuse to accept you for being half-white? We get it! Get over yourself. As calipoppy stated, you are NOT a special species of human being. Nor is there anything extraordinary about your racial background. For heaven's sake, give it a rest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies