Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 04:18 PM

674 posts, read 698,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
i remmbr an ex-co-worker telling me the most racist ppl on earth r blacks. i kid u not. i was shocked something like that would come out of her mouth; i was speechless. she was a light-skinned black woman so i am guessing that fact (the light skin) had something to do with it! not sure if she was quasi-joking or what. it was a weird thing to hear
I find that absurdly hilarious. Most black people are too busy hating themselves to have time/energy to hate someone else.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
I find that absurdly hilarious. Most black people are too busy hating themselves to have time/energy to hate someone else.
I am beyond tired of all of these ridiculous statements and declarations....

Self-hating tragic mulattoes, African princes et al....please find it within yourself to realize that you are doing nothing beyond providing fodder for those who already despise you and always will. If you can not be a part of the solution, simply stop being a part of the problem T'is all.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Self-hating tragic mulattoes, African princes et al....please find it within yourself to realize that you are doing nothing beyond providing fodder for those who already despise you and always will. If you can not be a part of the solution, simply stop being a part of the problem T'is all.
Who said I am a "self hating tragic mulatto"? First of all, the "tragic mulatto" refers to someone who tries to pass as white but can't, and I NEVER tried to pass as white because I'm obviously NOT WHITE...but guess what? I'm obviously NOT BLACK EITHER.

As for "those who already despise you and always will," guess what? FOR US MIXED FOLKS, THAT INCLUDES BLACKS!

So, I should stand against the oppressor...unless the oppressor is black, than I should identify only with the oppressor and no one else? Thank you for proving my point.

And yes, there is racism against ALL PEOPLE OF COLOR. I would rather stand with all non-whites, be they Asian, Latino, mixed, black or Native American than join the "blacks only' club.

Let's face it: there is a heterosexist white power establishment in America, and only unity of all people of color and women and sexual minorities is gonna change that establishment. I would rather be a part of the solution to all oppression than bend over backwards to kiss the sorry rump of blacks, and I do not apologize for thinking as such.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:15 PM

249 posts, read 194,132 times
I try to eschew labels. I really don't care if a person calls me Black, White, or Mixed. I'm my own person. So what if an ignorant A-hole approached you at the bar? To be honest, most of the racist comments I've gotten WERE from Whites (You're not like the other Blacks....Well, I guess you're half-White so you speak English well...YOU like rock?!...YOU swim?!...YOU surf?!....etc.) With that said, I stopped talking to people that do that, that view me in some sort of racial stereotype.

If a person calls me Black, White, etc. I don't get offended. I do get offended by their actions. Even then I take solace in the fact that I am fundamentally better than they are. At least I understand that melanin doesn't dictate behavior.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienluna View Post
I really can't believe no one on here gets what the poster is saying.
Perhaps that is because you format similarly. The provocative title piqued my interest, but I just can't read a wall of text.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Who said I am a "self hating tragic mulatto"? First of all, the "tragic mulatto" refers to someone who tries to pass as white but can't, and I NEVER tried to pass as white because I'm obviously NOT WHITE...but guess what? I'm obviously NOT BLACK EITHER.

As for "those who already despise you and always will," guess what? FOR US MIXED FOLKS, THAT INCLUDES BLACKS!

So, I should stand against the oppressor...unless the oppressor is black, than I should identify only with the oppressor and no one else? Thank you for proving my point.

And yes, there is racism against ALL PEOPLE OF COLOR. I would rather stand with all non-whites, be they Asian, Latino, mixed, black or Native American than join the "blacks only' club.

Let's face it: there is a heterosexist white power establishment in America, and only unity of all people of color and women and sexual minorities is gonna change that establishment. I would rather be a part of the solution to all oppression than bend over backwards to kiss the sorry rump of blacks, and I do not apologize for thinking as such.
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

And FYI, most Black Americans are of "mixed" racial ancestry. Heck, even Condoleezza Rice is of 40% European ancestry and she's fairly dark skinned. So, you really are NOT that unique, the rest of us simply do not have a complex about it.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
OP, stay away from ignorant Blacks! This guy at the bar obviously has a huge inferiority complex and feels threatened by you.

African Americans like Charlie Pride, one of the best country singers in history, should be the kind of people Blacks would want to emulate, not Lil Wayne!

There is a Black cowboy from Texas, his name is Fred something, he is the best rodeo calf roper in the world, 7 times world champion, i saw an interview with him, great guy!
Anyone that says they’re no longer black was never black to begin with. It’s their prerogative how they self identify but don’t cry a river trying to get rep points.

And for you Repubocrat! Black people shouldn’t look up to any entertainer. We need to look up to people like Toussaint L’Ouverture, Malcolm X, and Thurgood Marshall. We damn well don’t need to look up to country signers or cowboys…

Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

And FYI, most Black Americans are of "mixed" racial ancestry. Heck, even Condoleezza Rice is of 40% European ancestry and she's fairly dark skinned. So, you really are NOT that unique, the rest of us simply do not have a complex about it.
Most of us blacks, who's ancestor's were enslaved(I'm Caribbean), have other races in us. My father is more mixed than my mother, yet has darker skin.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Anyone that says they’re no longer black was never black to begin with. It’s their prerogative how they self identify but don’t cry a river trying to get rep points.

And for you Repubocrat! Black people shouldn’t look up to any entertainer. We need to look up to people like Toussaint L’Ouverture, Malcolm X, and Thurgood Marshall. We damn well don’t need to look up to country signers or cowboys
Yup, Yup. The problem today is too many look up to celebrities to tell them how to live their lives, their are more responsible and better people in society to look up to.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 PM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
Quote:

Find a quarter and call someone who cares about what you're tired of. Maybe .35 these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies