Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Obama wasn't on Internet forums putting down the entire black race.

First of all, again, HOW THE HELL CAN I BE PUTTING DOWN THE WHOLE BLACK RACE IF I SAY HOW MUCH I RESPECT AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS!!??

It is simply those blacks in America who buy into the modern, criminal and low class black culture that I can't stand. And I am just on a message board...OBAMA IS PRESIDENT AND HE CLEARLY HATES HIS WHITE SIDE AS HE SAID IN HIS OWN BOOK!

"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother at some uncharted border."

Source: Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p. 80 Aug 1, 1996

Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

But the President of the United States HATING his own European ancestry gets people less angry than a guy on a message board saying he is neither black NOR WHITE and not wanting to be a part of ghetto culture

Just the way it is in America: hating white people is accepted and even encouraged and mixed people are only accepted by blacks if they hate their own white side, but at the same time it is "racist" to be against ONE PART of the culture of ONE GROUP of black Americans

I see an absolute lack of logic and reason here...

Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
First off I never said Africans hate African American. Also I wouldn't confuse men trying to get an easy lay in the club as somehow being indicative of some sort of cultural affection.

I know of such unions myself not sure they are as numerous as you claim though. African American women have been abandoned by their men so it is not surprising many are turning to strong black men of African and Caribbean backgrounds. I will note that many of these unions fail because of disagreements on the gender roles of each mate.
Can you explain the rapper Wale,who happens to be African?
I thought Africans had a higher morals than AA?

Why did someone bring up Zimbabwe? That was a stupid thing to do.
Also,Mugabe basically confiscated white farmer's land. How is that civilized?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 AM

164 posts, read 463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
But do you admit that black culture also doesn't particularly care for mixed people? Oh...and what the F**** is "White culture"? Hate to break it to you, but whites are a pretty diverse group. Italian Americans are completely different from Italian Italians (many confess to hating the American guido mutation) and Russians are completely different from Danes.
So. White culture is very diverse, unlike Black Culture, which is one solid block of ignorance and criminality, but black African and Caribbean people are superior to black American people, because even though they are also black, they belong to their own, separate cultures and have nothing to do with the One Black Culture. Yet they are part of the One Black Culture, because all black people are part of this Culture, but they can't be taken to task for the disease that is Black Culture because they are not black Americans and only black Americans are part of Black Culture, so only black Americans are collectively culpable for Black Culture, but all black people do belong to Black Culture, but black Africans and West Indians don't belong to Black Culture, so they are good and civilized and spotless in all their doings.

Thank you for teaching me about the ways of all the blacks.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 AM

835 posts, read 1,041,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

But the President of the United States HATING his own European ancestry gets people less angry than a guy on a message board saying he is neither black NOR WHITE and not wanting to be a part of ghetto culture

Just the way it is in America: hating white people is accepted and even encouraged and mixed people are only accepted by blacks if they hate their own white side, but at the same time it is "racist" to be against ONE PART of the culture of ONE GROUP of black Americans

I see an absolute lack of logic and reason here...

Obama didn't go around putting down a race. You are whining and complaing about things in black culture you don't like. Obama didn't go around complaining about how much hate he got from the white man and saying he is no longer part white because of what a few whites did. What you are doing is a whole different story.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marya View Post
So. White culture is very diverse, unlike Black Culture, which is one solid block of ignorance and criminality, but black African and Caribbean people are superior to black American people, because even though they are also black, they belong to their own, separate cultures and have nothing to do with the One Black Culture. Yet they are part of the One Black Culture, because all black people are part of this Culture, but they can't be taken to task for the disease that is Black Culture because they are not black Americans and only black Americans are part of Black Culture, so only black Americans are collectively culpable for Black Culture, but all black people do belong to Black Culture, but black Africans and West Indians don't belong to Black Culture, so they are good and civilized and spotless in all their doings.

Thank you for teaching me about the ways of all the blacks.

"White culture is very diverse, unlike Black Culture, which is one solid block of ignorance and criminality"

That first comment was nothing but pure ignorance. You must be part black, huh?

You obviously know nothing of black culture so don't speak on it. I really doubt James Brown or Michael Jackson had a mind state of criminality.

"but black Africans and West Indians don't belong to Black Culture, so they are good and civilized and spotless in all their doings."

Some of the highest crime neighborhoods in the country are made up by Africans and West Indians.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
"White culture is very diverse, unlike Black Culture, which is one solid block of ignorance and criminality"

You obviously know nothing of black culture so don't speak on it. I really doubt James Brown or Michael Jackson had a mind state of criminality.

"but black Africans and West Indians don't belong to Black Culture, so they are good and civilized and spotless in all their doings."

Some of the highest crime neighborhoods in the country are made up by Africans and West Indians.
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:

I think Marya was being sarcastic. Sheesh.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I think Marya was being sarcastic. Sheesh.

Hey, If I think something wrong was said I say something. If she was being sarcastic, I apologize. This thread just has me on the edge. The OP seems to be more ignorant than the blacks he is bashing.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Hey, If I think something wrong was said I say something. If she was being sarcastic, I apologize. This thread just has me on the edge. The OP seems to be more ignorant than the blacks he is bashing.
It's not even a contest.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Can you explain the rapper Wale,who happens to be African?
I thought Africans had a higher morals than AA?

Why did someone bring up Zimbabwe? That was a stupid thing to do.
Also,Mugabe basically confiscated white farmer's land. How is that civilized?
What's wrong with being a rapper though?!
I don't like wale cuz he rolls with rick ross the fraud, but that's a diff story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies