Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Victorianpunk,

Stay away from these people they simply aren't dealing with a full deck. You want to be around positive forward looking people who are about improving their lives. That would rule out the vast majority of African- Americans.

Good luck to you. I think you are making a very wise decision.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Good lawddd this thread!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
We are NOT a community. We are INDIVIDUALS. Did your parents participate in genital mutilation? Just as you continue to lump all Black Americans together, it could be easily said that all Africans from Ghana practice female genital mutilation. Your parents didn't take any action to stop the genital mutilation in their country. They fled like the cowards that they are. Otherwise, you all would still be glistening in 150 degree heat, wearing loin cloths and doing tribal dances wouldn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
lol. I'm not the one comparing, you are. But, as usual, I see you move the goal posts a little more each time. And as for your last statement, I didn't ask a question.

African Americans attacking Haitian boys and girls in NJ - YouTube

New York bias attacks highlight tensions between blacks, Hispanics

Black attacks on Asians: racism or opportunity?

The Bronx Times & Bronx.com - African Immigrants Add Their Own Flavor To South Bronx

Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 PM

191 posts, read 242,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And if she identified as white, how would she be received?

I do believe I am superior to ghetto trash and trailer trash. I never said I was superior to black people, only that MODERN BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE is disgusting and I want no part of it. I love Africans and have some Ethiopian friends...and guess what? They can't stand American black culture either.
If Alicia Keys went around telling people that she was white, most people would think that she was certifiable. Even after the nose job, she's obviously a light skinned black looking person. I don't see the point that you are trying to make.

Hate to burst your bubble,but you're not any better than the most ghetto of people. And I don't know how you can say that you don't think that you're superior to Blacks when you've indicated that over and over. People are going to believe that's what you're saying when you place your idea of what's 'modern black american culture' on all Black people

Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
This OP is a fu**idiot. He really believes that just because he doesn't call himself black, that all of sudden people are just going to ignore his skin color. If people want to see him as black, he is going to be black.
And if I stopped calling myself mixed, would BLACKS suddenly ignore my skin and embrace me as one of "da brothas?"

Oh, and Mestizos are also treated poorly because of their skin color...are they black all of the sudden too?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You are correct.

However, I have never in my life seen someone who has so wholeheartedly embraced the "tragic mulatto" persona as we have all witnessed in this thread.
So, blacks and whites discriminate against mixed people: tragic mulatto. Whites discriminate against blacks: racism

Thank you for clarifying

Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I agree. It is degrading for him to have such self hate. How can anyone LIKE or LOVE you if you can't love yourself first? The white culture isn't going to like you any better. They are just going to look at you strange, so first become comfortable and confidence in your own skin and stop blaming any culture for your low self esteem. It's your own fault.
But do you admit that black culture also doesn't particularly care for mixed people? Oh...and what the F**** is "White culture"? Hate to break it to you, but whites are a pretty diverse group. Italian Americans are completely different from Italian Italians (many confess to hating the American guido mutation) and Russians are completely different from Danes.

I don't mind being mixed...it's just society makes it hard for mixed people to be true to both of their heritages. Fortunately, more of MY RACE are getting born every day and we're popping up everywhere and awakening into ourselves as a distinct people, neither white nor black.

Now, blacks laugh at Tiger Woods for correctly insisting that he isn't black but is black, white and Asian...in a few decades he'll be considered a trail blazer by other mixed people, and blacks are just going to have to learn to deal with it.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There is a line from the film (and book) The Human Stain where a light skin Black mother is addressing her son (who is able to pass for White) who is telling her that he is disowning his family, that is so very apropos:

"You are as white as snow, and you think like a slave."

The Human Stain - Son disowns mother b/c of race - YouTube

South Africa's Coloureds Better Off Under Apartheid - YouTube

So I guess I should be a good little slave to the African Master Race and bow down before the blacks, like the Coloureds of South Africa?

Like I said in the OP, but, surprise surprise, no one has been able to refute: we mixed people shouldn't bow down to the oppressor...unless the oppressor is black, than it's the right thing to do

I KNOW I am not fully white...but I'm not fully black either. For the TEN THOUSANDTH TIME, my race is the mulatto/couloured/creole/pardo race, just like all mixed people or African, European and Native ancestry in close to equal parts who have a culture and experience distinct from both blacks and whites (hence, the whole "blacks are 3% European" thing holds no water)

Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 AM

744 posts, read 812,221 times
'Victorianpunk', shut the hell up. You've made your point, this thread and your posts are well beyond redundant/superfluous at this point. This point was reached about 80 pages ago. Really, just shut the hell up. You're adding nothing new to your retarded thread, only going around in circles. Again, shut your mouth, suicide bomb your computer, anything, please.. Just end this.

Everyone else - Please let this horrid thread die.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He said he is mixed not Black how is this self-hate? He says he doesn't want to be associated with ghetto blacks and their negative, regressive culture how is this self-hate? It seems to me it's the opposite, he thinks so highly of himself he refuses to be defined by folks still stuck on the plantation mentally and who put in inordinate amount of stock in group think.
THANK YOU!

I mean...did I ever say I was white? And if I or any other mixed person completely disassociated themselves from all things WHITE, would these people posting about me call that "self hate"?

I love Langston Hughes and Ray Charles. I love African cultures and I want to see Africa some time. It is just the modern, "down 4 life thug" crap I can't stand.

Want a real mixed person who's full of self hate? Check out Obama. In his own book he wrote:

"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother at some uncharted border."

Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

Add that to the long list of reasons why I hate Obama. I don't want the black blood out of my veins or the white blood. I am what I am as is everyone else.

I can't help but wonder what would be the reaction if he wrote that about his black blood though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies