Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi
I find that absurdly hilarious. Most black people are too busy hating themselves to have time/energy to hate someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy
I am beyond tired of all of these ridiculous statements and declarations....

Self-hating tragic mulattoes, African princes et al....please find it within yourself to realize that you are doing nothing beyond providing fodder for those who already despise you and always will. If you can not be a part of the solution, simply stop being a part of the problem T'is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Find a quarter and call someone who cares about what you're tired of. Maybe .35 these days...
Ok your statement was beyond ridiculous and you were called out on it. Tell me this, how do you know that most black people are too busy hating themselves? From the sound of that statement you probably don’t even know any black people. If you did that wouldn’t have come out of your mouth.

calipoppy is 100% right on this one!

Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Anyone that says they’re no longer black was never black to begin with. It’s their prerogative how they self identify but don’t cry a river trying to get rep points.

And for you Repubocrat! Black people shouldn’t look up to any entertainer. We need to look up to people like Toussaint L’Ouverture, Malcolm X, and Thurgood Marshall. We damn well don’t need to look up to country signers or cowboys…
Better cowboys than gangsta rappers.

What about Colin Powell, President Obama, Condi Rice, Oprah and Nichelle Nichols who was Uhuru of Star Trek and many other decent Black people who are still alive?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Ok your statement was beyond ridiculous and you were called out on it. Tell me this, how do you know that most black people are too busy hating themselves? From the sound of that statement you probably don’t even know any black people. If you did that wouldn’t have come out of your mouth.

We have to be honest here, many blacks do hate themselves. We were taught to hate ourselves for over hundred's of years because of who we are. I am sure if there was a pill to turn white many blacks would rush to take it, and other minorities as well. In 2012, blacks the world over are taking bleaching cream to lighten their skin. This board is evident many blacks hate themselves, especially when many go out of there way to get rep points from whites by putting down blacks and acting as if everything white is good.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
I don't know why people continue to post of this ridiculous topic. If you are a racist or self-hating uncle tom, who actually cares? Minorities and black people are here to stay. There isn't a thing you can do about it. Most of us could care less if you like, dislike or condemn us.

It doesn't affect one black person's life from east to west coast. You are just a micro person out of the millions of people in the world that actually embrace all cultures. So to say that black people hate themselves is an uneducated statement.

I can guarantee you that they hate you more than themselves for making such a blank statement. Now, should you say all black people hate YOU? I don't know, you need to look in the mirror and see if ignorance is looking back at you.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hope you aren't referring to the Dallas Cowboys, otherwise I fail to see the distinction.

Quote:
What about Colin Powell, President Obama, Condi Rice,
Since when do we consider a four star general, two secretaries of state and the president celebrities?

Quote:
Oprah and Nichelle Nichols
Nice people no doubt, but I don't tend to look up to anybody I don't know personally.

Quote:
many other decent Black people who are still alive?
As my grandfather would have said, "That's mighty white of you." Many other decent black people Oh lordy thank god for the many. Hell there are about there are damn near 30,000,000 decent black folk in the U.S. and I'm giving you 10% as thuglums.

(by the way black is an adjective and shouldn't be capitalized)

Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 PM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
Quote:

1. I am certain I know as many black people as you because I was born and raised in a overwhelming black country. Furthermore I live in a majority black neighborhood and surround myself with black people.

2. My statement is not at all ridiculous at all Mr. Shabazz. Funny that you would say it is when Malcolm X said the same thing I said. After enslavement, colonization, etc. self-hate is the logical response. This is a response you will find among all black populations throughout the world. This is not a rarity....it's as common as sand. The rarity is the black person who is proud to be 100% black, who maintains cultural ties with Africa, who knows their own language and proudly speaks it, who practices her own religion. Do you really want to pretend I'm wrong? If you want to go there dear I'm ready.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:

What about Colin Powell, President Obama, Condi Rice, Oprah and Nichelle Nichols who was Uhuru of Star Trek and many other decent Black people who are still alive?
Wow, what a ridiculously eclectic group of "decent" Black people you got there

Although you may find this hard to believe (considering that you believe nearly ALL Black people are not "decent") I do not need to look outside of my family and friends of family for role models dearie, I come from a very long line of successful Black Americans, so save your little backhanded comments for patronizing "inner city youts"

Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Find a quarter and call someone who cares about what you're tired of. Maybe .35 these days...
Obviously you care because you felt the strong urge to respond.

Sorry to disappoint you but your little immigrant game of "bottom of the totem pole" doesn't work on me. I know who I am. I know the lineage from whence I come. And I am not easily toppled by some fresh off the boat wannabe.

T'is all.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,602 times
Quote:

fuc a cowboy, gangsta rap all day
o yea and MOTHAFUC OPRAH

Last edited by OleSchoolFool; 05-24-2012 at 10:35 PM..

Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Who cares.

These woe is me I am mixed diatribes that focus on nonsense never make any sense to me.

Anyone discussing racial identity, who doesn't start and end with white supremacy and understand that the so called black racial identity was/is forced on those labeled black, is bsing themselves.

You clearly have a problem with other black people. You should work on that problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies