Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Contradicting my self I'm not.

Read my two posts again please and distinguish between Black and African American, you folks apparently have no problem distinguishing and categorizing yourself according to personal preference why can't he? I have had no problem reading his posts and gleaning his point from them; why is this so difficult for "some on here"?

Here's a thought for you: he's having no problem being black, bronze, tan or ecru. It's the fact that he's being forced to acquiesce to being African American he objects to. His colour is not an issue for him.

Would I be wrong to assume those of colour, on average, have come to dislike the term's black or negro and PREFER African American? If so, and preference is the issue; why cannot he be the reverse and prefer to being simply black, gold, bronze, Italian or Pekinese? Why does he HAVE TO WANT to be African American to satisfy others when he is not?
Bottom line is that you want to insert yourself into the argument about racial identity as it concerns black people when you have no place in the conversation. The OP gave you an opening, so you took it. Fair enough. But outside of these forums, this isn't your issue.

White folks have meddled enough in affairs of racial identity, and they've screwed it up royally. They're THE reason why there is so much confusion as it stands. Between "one drop rules," quadroon, octaroon, mulatto, etc...why in the hell should black folks consult with white folks on matters of race and identity anymore? Answer: they shouldn't.

Now all of a sudden, white folks want to be the arbiters of who is and isn't black? LOL...please. Any black person looking to white folks for wisdom on this issue is a crash test dummy.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,312,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm referring to the responses to many of his posts on the thread itself. I'm not going to comb through 31+ pages to cite examples, but I definitely see that some of his issues are being misinterpreted. Some folks are just finding and stretching what he's saying to start an argument because they don't like the tone or the criticism that he has.
Uh, that's normally the reason why someone would express their disagreement with something.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
As my grandfather would have said:
STA ZITTO, FASCISTA TESTA DI MERDA!
Oh my Lord ... this boy has lost it. Wow.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
It's complicated...we hang out, make out, she gets into arguments with her mom, I'm suddenly her friend, then we make out again, then she goes away for a month...it happens in every race, every nation. Women are absurd, no matter what the admixture. Sometimes, I wish I was gay (but I guess I'm now a self-hating heterosexual?)
It's OFFICIAL: you have some SERIOUS issues with RACE. Check out your comment that I bolded above. You wrote that comment in reply to what I said about you calling a girl your girlfriend in one post and calling her an old-crush in another. Why and how in the heck do you bring race into that? Why do you need to tell me that that situation happens amongst all races? It wasn't even relative or necessary. Come on man, get over race.

You wish you were gay? Where the hell is this coming from?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Time to close this thread. You should have put this in the mental health section.
We get eat,you eat pizza and fried chicken together.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-MEN!

Let's pass the brother the HOT SAUCE AND the PARMIGIANO! A little Pinot Grigio, a little RED Kool-Aid.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have met plenty of blacks who get where I'm coming from, and plenty of whites who are the same way. I am colored, meaning obviously not white, but at the same time I'm obviously not black...we should bring back the word "colored", because it encompasses blacks as well as Asian, Latinos and mixed people, and that was what segregation was about, separating blacks from coloreds.

I know I am not white, but at the same time I am not black, as countless blacks have made it clear over my life. So, I should embrace a people who make it clear I'm not one of them while ignoring my own family heritage? Really?
I can understand why some mulattoes prefer to be called black: you have an instant identity and a community. It's easier being a part of a 14% minority than being part of a 2% minority.

This thread has turn into comedy, loving it!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,482,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-MEN!

Let's pass the brother the HOT SAUCE AND the PARMIGIANO! A little Pinot Grigio, a little RED Kool-Aid.
I'm offended. Its Black Cherry Kool-Aid.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Great post.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Most/many of em don't even have any African blood, but they want to be called African. How come?
What do you mean "most" of them don't have "African" blood? You're not trying to say that most Black Americans don't have African blood are you?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I'm offended. Its Black Cherry Kool-Aid.
No, "Red" Kool-Aid is a common joke as it refers to Tropical Punch or Cherry Kool-Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies