Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Oh, you don't want to bring that topic up! LOL
I went there! Is it really taboo?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 PM

674 posts, read 698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
For every non-hood rat black woman, there are ten hood rats. And most of the decent black women are from Africa or the Caribbean. There is a reason why black guys tend to date and marry outside their race so much.

1. Thank you for leaving behind the black race. That's one less self-hating negro I will have to worry about. There have been enough of you to do your own thing for a while now and I hope you recruit others to help sift mixed race people and authentic black people.

2. I've never met a Ghanaian who considered mixed-race people to be black. If you want to be in a place where you are called by exactly what you are then you are invited to visit.

3. Perhaps your father passed down the gems about black American women being undesirable hoodrats. Maybe one of these days black American women can measure up so that they can proudly stand next to the paragons of virility, support, and family sustenance that is black American men. In the meantime do not feel it's necessary to give African women compliments while degrading black American women.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Sicilians have 10% sub-Saharan African DNA « Ethnic Genome Project

Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Seems OPs rant is domianted by Obama and his being black. One only has to look around to see white leaders;hispanic leaders;Italian leaders etc that have been considered failures. One can find people who you see as negative in any group. Why not just be responsible for your actions and forget feeling responsible for others. That is all we can do if human.If not everytime you see a face simialr to yours having doen some terrible crime;you might just see yourself whe that is not at all true. Treat others as you want to be treated and move on; if they cannot return it.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bottom line is that you want to insert yourself into the argument about racial identity as it concerns black people when you have no place in the conversation. The OP gave you an opening, so you took it. Fair enough. But outside of these forums, this isn't your issue.

Oh, so only black people have a concern with racial identity? Yeah, okay...the Chinese were welcomed to America with open arms and given honorary white treatment the minute they got here. And the Native Americans, they were LOVED, just like Latinos. And the Jews? Oh everybody treated them as white from day one, and a very nice priest named Father Coughlin went out of his way in the 30s to talk about how wonderful they were...

There are two BIG LIES black America seems to believe in: One, that they are the only people to face bigotry in this country and two, that they never were a part of oppressing people. For crying out loud, some of the Conquistadors were black, and they massacred the "heathen Natives" same as the white Spaniards. Ever hear of the Buffalo Soldiers? Yep, great Bob Marley song was written about them...but it didn't mention that their primary rule was in massacring Native Americans, and they were ALL BLACK.
And, more recently, pure, dark skinned blacks have always treated mulattoes like S^^^^. Go ahead and say I'm lying. Every mixed person knows how bad they can be. Both sides hate mixed folks to some extend, but only amongst blacks is it okay to hate on mixed people.

Quote:
White folks have meddled enough in affairs of racial identity, and they've screwed it up royally. They're THE reason why there is so much confusion as it stands. Between "one drop rules," quadroon, octaroon, mulatto, etc...why in the hell should black folks consult with white folks on matters of race and identity anymore? Answer: they shouldn't.
Actually, it was also blacks who did that. It is ONE BIG LIE that segregation had ANYTHING to do with white and black. It was white and COLORED. Colored meant any non-white, be they black, mixed, Latino, Native etc. Are mulattoes colored? Indeed. I am colored, and so are other mixed people. But were mulattoes ever considered black? No. It is a lie to say otherwise.
Oh, and whites were out of the picture when the mulattoes in Haiti started getting massacred...and guess who did the killing. It wasn't the Chinese, it was PURE BLACKS.

Quote:
Now all of a sudden, white folks want to be the arbiters of who is and isn't black? LOL...please. Any black person looking to white folks for wisdom on this issue is a crash test dummy.
Oh yes, considering people from the Bulkans (Europeans) don't know anything about being ethnic conflict. People from Ireland never faced discrimination and the Jews never had a single solitary instance of persecution...

Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I went there! Is it really taboo?
I know some Italians that are so passionate about denying any claims of having African in their bloodlines. Some are cool about it, but there is this whole topic about whether Sicilians or other Italians have African in their bloodlines or not.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
None of what you said is either true or relevent to the point that I mentioned earlier. I could easily say that most black people do care whether or not someone chooses to soley identify as black which is the point of what the OP discussed earlier. Heck, most blacks would pee their pants if Obama ever woke up and considered himself "white." I'll even go so far to say that if Barack ever did that--you would even have some blacks who would wish for him to experience hardcore racism to force him to fall back in line with whatever their defnition being "black" is. That' how sick and twisted some folks are.

Also Drake (I'm assuming that is who you are referring to), is a top Hip Hop act--true, however the reason he is one of the biggest hip hop acts out there is because of his mainstream appeal that is primarily supported by whites. After all, whites are the primary consumers of all hip hop music. His success has nothing to do with the alleged black tolerence of biracials in black oriented music.

I personally believe that you, and many others are just hearing what you want to hear to mask the idea that you are threatened by the very notion that he doesn't fall in line and consider himself completely black.
I feel that if Obama did that, Black people would just be like, "Alright then, goodbye." Why do you think Dave Chapelle did the skit entitled "Racial Draft" on his show? Because we as Black people could care less about that stuff in large amounts. Many of us might grumble and mumble, but when another Black person doesn't want to be Black, that's their business. And that is what we have been trying to tell the OP. The difference with the President is that he is on a grander stage and so much has been invested in him by people of color, so it would be slightly different.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
I think that you and the OP are still missing the point. For the most part, Black people don't really care if somebody identifies them selves as biracial.
In a MAGICAL LAND of unicorns and lilacs I am sure blacks don't give any mixed people a hard time. Here in reality, however...ARE YOU CRAZY? Blacks are just as bigoted against mixed people as whites can be...I'm sorry, that was a lie: blacks are MORE bigoted against mixed people then whites are. 99% of mulattoes will tell you the same thing from their experiences...but the self-hating ones will insist that isn't true, only because they are often the first ones to scream about "crackers" and jump on the bigotry band wagon. Some mixed people go on and on about how "evil" white people are to win approval of blacks...never stopping to think that they have white in them and that they are lumping their white parent into that category.

There is a reason why almost none of the Nazis in WWII actually had blonde hair and blue eyes, and it is the same reason that most of the black militants are light skinned and/or mixed race.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

I don't want to live on this planet anymore - YouTube

Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's OFFICIAL: you have some SERIOUS issues with RACE. Check out your comment that I bolded above. You wrote that comment in reply to what I said about you calling a girl your girlfriend in one post and calling her an old-crush in another. Why and how in the heck do you bring race into that? Why do you need to tell me that that situation happens amongst all races? It wasn't even relative or necessary. Come on man, get over race.

That has NOTHING to do with race....and everything to do with women. If any man can say women aren't a "I am going to put my head through this brick wall" crazy that man has never experienced them. My...well, let's see: two months ago, I was crushing on her, and she was doing this giggly thing. Then we went out a few times, then she didn't talk to me for a while, then she shows up again, then we make out, then she says she just wants to be friends, then she takes me to meet her mom, then we go to the movies, then we make out and we fight and we're friends again...
This could be black, Asian, Mixed, Latino, White, what ever. Females make to sense. I bring up race to show that some things are common in all races...the insanity of the female species are one of them.

Quote:
You wish you were gay? Where the hell is this coming from?

I never said I actually wish I was gay...only that I think every man has thought at some point that gays got it easy when it comes to mates. No PMS, no crazy issues, just drinking beers and screwing.

A gay friend once told me this was the gay man's anthem, and I have to admit, he has a point...

Hugo - 99 Problems Lyrics on screen - YouTube

And I only brought Jin up because she's black and Korean, hence she's mixed...so is she supposed to say she's all black too? That was the point I was trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies