Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,355,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This ^^^^ theory is completely asinine!
He can't help himself ......he is just a lil special

Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM

39,926 posts, read 26,636,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
the difference is those black people are/will be arrested for killing whites or each other, zimmerman was not. had the police just did there job, their parents wouldn't have to use MSM to make the police care enough to try him in a court of law.
Care to try again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Allow me to succintly destroy your entire premise. You make some great points if you ignore things that don't fit your viewpoint....

Sister of man killed in Taco Bell drive-thru says he was murdered | azfamily.com Phoenix

Mentally handicapped hispanic gunned down by a young black male for swinging his arms in the air while the gunman was safe in his car.

Not only has he not been arrested, he claimed the special needs guy had a wheapon (he didn't).

The media hasn't even released the shooters name.

Racist.

If you're black you can get away with murder.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,873,277 times
I have a better question.

Would you left wing racists have given 1/100th of the attention you are currently giving to this case if all of the facts remained exactly the same, but the shooter was a black guy?

If that was the case, would any of you hypocrites give two ****s about your beloved "Trayvon"?

You don't have to answer that.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,355,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Some blame tm. Others are taking what's known at this point and trying to figure out which law prevails--- self defense, murder 2, something else.

Some go to any hypothetical extreme to reject the possibility that gz is ng of criminal homicide. He inflicted the injuries himself, his father and DA conspired to stop an arrest, his doctor faked his report, and many others.

I ignore tm's school record until people like you come up with the 'typical teen' or 'most' teens are suspended from school 3 times in a relatively short time And smoke pot And show up in unauthorized school area And write wtf on school property And happen to have women's jewelry and a screwdriver in their backpack And don't tell school police who it belonged to And has a weed baggie and pipe in school And skips school. Even without the Possibility that he refereed school fights and a few other side rumors, the 'typical' or 'most' teen label is, fortunately, wrong.

All of that crap has absolutely no bearing on what happened that night. The same people are sulling Trayvon's reputation are also the ones that are ignoring zimmerman's pass violent behavior, which has more relevance to this case.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 AM

78,809 posts, read 61,027,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
the difference is those black people are/will be arrested for killing whites or each other, zimmerman was not. had the police just did there job, their parents wouldn't have to use MSM to make the police care enough to try him in a court of law.
Daniel Adkins never even touched his shooter (whom we don't even know the name of since the media won't release his name.)

Basically he swung at the air and the black guy shot him from the safety of his car in the taco bell drive-thru.

Sometimes law enforcement makes poor decisions, it's not always racism.

I especially enjoy how zimmerman is "white" when it suits people but when people complain about illegal immigration that it's suddenly white people being racist against hispanics. Oh, but when they cause a problem they suddenly become white.

Race baiters.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,766,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I am not now saying, nor have I said, that Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd murder or manslaughter.
Quote:
I do wholeheartedly oppose the SYG law.
As to what you perceive my position is on this case: It's easier for me to challenge people who are so sure they've got the whole case figured out on info reported in the media (which I know will change) and that Zimmerman is totally innocent and that the case should be thrown out. It's easier for me because that's what I do as part of my work.......I always work for the defense, so I've learned through experience over the years it is really very stupid to think you know everything before all the discovery is in. Even then sometimes the State throws you a curve

Personally, emotionally, my gut supports Trayvon, and, at the same time I feel very bad for Zimmerman. I'm not neutral on this subject. I do not believe that Zimmerman targeted Trayvon because he was black as in racial profiling, simply because he didn't like blacks. I believe he targeted him because it was young black men who were breaking the law in his community. And Zimmerman has not been charged with a hate crime. I don't think that's an issue.
As for the state's affidavit, the words they used were meant to inflame whom? The public? How will that affidavit affect a jury's verdict? I don't see how the probable cause affidavit is an issue
Btw, I specifically remember challenging the notion that Zimmerman's father's position as a magistrate in Virginia gave him power to influence the case in Sanford, FL..

As for the term "intermediate range," used in the ME's report, (details count) when the ME tells us what he intended in terms of distance in inches by the phrase "intermediate range" then we will know which side that finding might support. Until then, I simply do not know the answer to that question. I could make an assumption, but without additional information, I won't.

I've never thought I was the only one with legal knowledge in this thread. Do I detect a bit of nastiness there? People continue to post their theories as facts, and they might be right, but evidence "changes" throughout the discovery process and investigation, like, for example, witnesses change their stories, they remember more after a few days or they remember less.
Why do you oppose the syg law?

Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM

78,809 posts, read 61,027,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I have a better question.

Would you left wing racists have given 1/100th of the attention you are currently giving to this case if all of the facts remained exactly the same, but the shooter was a black guy?

If that was the case, would any of you hypocrites give two ****s about your beloved "Trayvon"?

You don't have to answer that.
Google search has the score between Trayvon Martin and Daniel Adkins at....

155million vs. 1.4million

We actually had a different racist poster claim racism was giving the trayvon situation less attention than when white people get killed like the Ramsey girl and others. I posted up the google search hits which were 100-1 in trayvons favor and the racists in the thread just ignored it and kept on posting.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,766,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Right. Forgot we're blaming the victim here. If Zimmerman hadn't shot him, I'm sure someone else would've shot him while he was walking around holding a can of tea. After all, the kid's smoked pot... unlike most kids in America. He's gotten in trouble at school... unlike.. most kids in America....and he wore faddish tooth coverings and clothing... unlike most kids in America. Any kid that does those things, deserves to be profiled, followed, attacked and then shot on the sidewalk in "self defense"?

ROFL.
I think you have ''who the victim'' is, mixed up

Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,425,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Why do you oppose the syg law?
It's far, far too broad. IMO, it encourages people to kill first, ask questions later, which is a very bad idea. The self defense laws allow people to defend themselves. There's no need for a SYG law. I believe Zimmerman was knowledgeable about SYG and it's my opinion that neither Martin nor Zimmerman would be dead today as a result of their encounter if there were no SYG law in Florida. Zimmerman almost desperately wanted to be a law enforcement officer, so of course he was aware of the law and what he had to say.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,873,277 times
Quote:
I especially enjoy how zimmerman is "white" when it suits people but when people complain about illegal immigration that it's suddenly white people being racist against hispanics. Oh, but when they cause a problem they suddenly become white.
Yep, that's a good one ain't it?

Quote:
Google search has the score between Trayvon Martin and Daniel Adkins at....

155million vs. 1.4million
Unfortunately, Daniel Adkins isn't a convenient martyr for any of the racism industry's perverted causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies