Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, I haven't. Why should I?

You may be interested to know that I also haven't read anything on the websites of:

The United States Marijuana Party: Home

The United States Pirate Party: us.pirate.is

The Prohibition Party: Prohibition Party Website

The Modern Whig Party: Modern Whig Party | Service and Solutions

Or any of the other screwball, fringe parties out there who are so insignificant that they can't even affect a local election, let alone threaten the existence of the whole nation.

If I take a notion to worry about something, you can bet it won't be any group as small and powerless as the American communist party.
The one thing I can see so easily from your post is that you don't mind a bit of ignorance, self-caused. Hang in there because I really don't think we will manage to go over that hill since The Won will not win re-election this fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You are like the man who studies the bible and claims the Lord is returning next week !!!

By far the biggest menace to freedom, peace, social progress, the solving of America's huge festering problems comes from the RIGHT. Any possible threat from the left in the future will come as a backlash to rightwing policies that take the country back to where it was before any social progress was made. That is exactly where the GOP idiots of today want the country to go. If it had not been for FDR and "The new deal" the USA most probably would have suffered a communist revolution in the 30's.

Your country was so horrible after WW1 that injured vets had to actually riot in the streets of Washington just to get what was owed and promised to them. That's right wing for you. They marginalize all people who they feel are below them in social status. They do this to the point and they are still doing it to even those who have given it all for the country, for the flag. They are nothing but trash to the right. If this is the way they view and treat the wounded warriors just imagine what they think of your average working person. This working person does not deserve a minimum wage he can live on. He does not deserve medical care if he gets sick, He does not deserve safe conditions in the workplace, he does not deserve a clean environment in which to raise his family, he does not deserve a good education so he can rase his standard of living and I could go on and on and on.

This is not my opinion, it's the facts. The GOP has fought against every single social reform ever introduced in the congress of the USA. The right does not represent the people in any meaningful way. They can't, they are bought and paid for by the economic royalists and instead of getting better it's getting far worse with the undoing of any kind of meaningful election finance law
If ever there becomes a let wing threat in the country it will be because the people have been so beaten down so marginilized and abused that they begin to believe they have no other choice.
Let me speak to the most important social reform of the last 60 years was the changes in racial laws. I bet you think that the Democrat Party was responsible for those laws but it was Republicans who controlled the Congress when Johnson supposedly got those laws passed.

I even bet that you think that Clinton balanced the budget when it happened because the Republican Congress forced it on him. Most left leaners today seem to believe it was him but he was forced to accept their budgets and signed them because is was working for him.

Do you, in all your knowledge, have any idea who was in charge of the US when the Civil War resulted in the freeing of the slaves? Surely you know a lot about the sad history of the post war period when both parties should have been embarrassed at what they were.

You are one of the left leaners who I read for fun so don't stop writing about all that social progress of the left.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Actually republicans were once a very different party until they started dividing america, war on religion, war on drugs, etc. Democrats fought the war on poverty, I'd rather feed the hungry then fight the middle east.
How much success has that war on poverty had since Johnson started it all?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Where would the poor be now if he hadn't?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Better now then it was before. Could you imagine life where there is no housing assistance? Many of the millions of people using these programs would be homeless especially if they had no family support. Children, at no fault of their own, would go hungry and they would have no medical assistance. I think considering we have help available shows that the war on poverty has come a long way, sure people take advantage of it, but can you imagine the alternative.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I often wonder, if Obama is a communist, what would you call a real communist? Someone that actively wants to take everything you have away and nationalize it. End private property. Redistribute everything you have among everyone else. I don't mean raising taxes a few percentage points or expanding social programs a bit, which is what Obama has been asking for, I mean, real honest-to-goodness communism.

You really only can cry wolf so many times.
Ah, but don't you see: It's another of Obama's sneaky tricks. He's so underhanded, he's managed to implement a Communist regime without nationalizing the means of production, without forcing a one-party system, without a centrally controlled economy, without dismantling the market. In fact, his crypti-Commie system shares no characteristics with traditional Communism at all, it's that well camouflaged.

If it wasn't for the patriot-bloggers of the 501st Keyboard Brigade, nobody would realize that we're now living under the dictatorship of the Proletariat.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:28 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The opinions of Maher are shared by many. The problem is that the patriotic Americans are ignorant, belligerent, and often hostile. Americans have a low self-esteem which is why they always need to pat themselves on the back.

America is a nation of ignorant, gullible, obedient, paranoid, Status Quo sucka$$es.
Americans live their lives on their knees and want to be praised for it.
And, like I said, Maher is the leader of that idiot crowd

Any self professed Libertarian who supports Obama is a completely confused and ignorant moron

Saying that Maher's opinions are shared by many is a symptom of the follow the leader society you profess to despise.... find another example that actually helps your argument

Old 04-21-2012, 02:41 AM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
And, like I said, Maher is the leader of that idiot crowd

Any self professed Libertarian who supports Obama is a completely confused and ignorant moron

Saying that Maher's opinions are shared by many is a symptom of the follow the leader society you profess to despise.... find another example that actually helps your argument
I enjoy maher, he has republicans on his programs at least he lets the other side have a view point. They aren't idiot repubs either, professors, elected officials, etc. Not like talk radio that just picks idiots to argue with. He agrees with some of his republican guests, they often times agree with him. He isn't what the right makes him out to be. He is very anti religion which is where most of the hatred comes from. He had grover norquist on a few weeks ago, when is the last time rush limbaugh or glen beck let a popular democrat on their program? He actually supported rush during the sandra fluke incident, would rush do that for him....

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
I blame those who voted for Bush the second time around. If that idiot had never been re-elected there wouldn't have been enough of a backlash to get a nobody like Obama elected. The "Anybody but Bush Syndrome" created enough momentum for Obama to coast into the White house.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
I enjoy maher, he has republicans on his programs at least he lets the other side have a view point. They aren't idiot repubs either, professors, elected officials, etc. Not like talk radio that just picks idiots to argue with. He agrees with some of his republican guests, they often times agree with him. He isn't what the right makes him out to be. He is very anti religion which is where most of the hatred comes from. He had grover norquist on a few weeks ago, when is the last time rush limbaugh or glen beck let a popular democrat on their program? He actually supported rush during the sandra fluke incident, would rush do that for him....
i don't exactly see maher standing up for rush (quote):

Bill Maher wants the world to know that he’s no Rush Limbaugh.

The liberal comedian, who has been ripped by the right for previously calling Sarah Palin a “c---” is arguing his name calling is completely different from Limbaugh, who branded Georgetown student Sandra Fluke a “****.”

Maher told ABC News’ Jake Tapper on Thursday that Limbaugh’s insult wasn’t fair game because Fluke is a private citizen. (end)

i don't think either man has a very good attitude towards women.

but i guess this is what passes for entertainment in america now-and they are poor role models, both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies