Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The life begins at menstruation law goes into effect in 90 days:

It sets the gestational age as beginning on the first day of a woman’s last period, rather than at fertilization. Which, in practice, means that a virgin can get pregnant and instead of barring abortions after 20 weeks as the law states, actually cuts the time to 18 weeks.

Daily Kos: Jan Brewer signs 'life begins at menstruation' bill, the most draconian anti-abortion law so far

But they tell us there is no war on women.

How did Arizona vote for such a witch as Brewer?
The Republicans are going to lose BIG!
Well in the first place, I wouldn't trust anything from "Daily Kos" because it is likely to be pure propaganda, and loaded with faleshood.

Secondly, why would this be a "war on women"? Abortion itself is a "war on women" since more female fetuses are aborted than male (boys are preferred over girls, sad to say).

Thirdly, murder is murder. A human life, innocent life, snuffed out at whatever stage of life is murder. Period. I don't care what you personally believe. That isn't how we decide right from wrong. Murder is defined as the "taking of innocent life".

This "war on women" strategy has already backfired on Democrats bigtime. It would be best if you dropped it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That is an oxymoron. A fetus is not a person, the US supreme court confirmed this with Roe V. Wade

The biggest question is why does the GOP keep attacking women? Why do they keep forcing their huge government and anti-freedom garbage? I thought that's what the teabaggers/gop were suppose to be against?
So, then you must answer the question: When does one become a person, since biologically at the moment of conception, everything is determined: Sex, intelligence, hair color, eye color, body type, personality, talent, likes, dislikes, virtually everything the 'person' will ever be (minus outside influences on the new life in the development years (growing up).

The GOP is not "attacking women". "[T]heir huge government and anti-freedom garbage"? What planet are you living on? It is the Democrats that have expanded government and have been limitting freedom. Ever hear of "Obamacare"?

Now, we read that Nancy Peloci and the Democrats want to ammend the Constitution to limit Freedom of Speech!

You can rest assured that the Tea Party movement will be fighting that for you too.

I think you need to get a clue. You are way out of touch with what is going on.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well in the first place, I wouldn't trust anything from "Daily Kos" because it is likely to be pure propaganda, and loaded with faleshood.

Secondly, why would this be a "war on women"? Abortion itself is a "war on women" since more female fetuses are aborted than male (boys are preferred over girls, sad to say).

Thirdly, murder is murder. A human life, innocent life, snuffed out at whatever stage of life is murder. Period. I don't care what you personally believe. That isn't how we decide right from wrong. Murder is defined as the "taking of innocent life".

This "war on women" strategy has already backfired on Democrats bigtime. It would be best if you dropped it.
Nope. The war on women has been going on since time immemorial. It has it's roots in the perversion of religious justifications but there you go carrying on with your gibberish. Thou shalt not kill doesn't apply to males targetting women for murder, and women socially expected to be pacifists. Thou shalt not covet doesn't apply to males engaged in illicit warfare using sex as a weapon.

You want all the credit and none of the responsibility for reproductive ability. Give birth yourself. Get rid of women? That happens in China and India, but it happens after being born in America. Fact: white female children, young adults, and young women right here in America are more likely to be murdered by white male counterparts and their very white families. America doesn't have a female problem. It has a demented white male problem.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How about - and this is of course a wild idea - how about we make it clear that life begins sometime after intercourse?
I think the obvious answer is at conception. That is when the new person (at the very instant of conception, according to my 7th grade biology class) is fully defined in every way. At that point, the person comes into being.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Human life is also the woman who has the burden of making the decision of what happens to her body and her life.
That is one of the weakest arguments I have ever heard. Once conception and implantation takes place, their are two. The fetus is in no way "part of the woman's body" but resides with in it. In other words, "separate flesh." Do you know what that means? They do not share anything. The woman's body only supplies oxygen and nourishment.

Did you ever take a biology course? When I was in junior high school it was required. And we DID study human reproduction.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:

The highlighted statement quoted shows us just how out of touch Republicans are with women's health issues.

The vast majority of abortions are performed long before the sex of the fetus can be determined.....that would be 18 weeks at the earliest, BTW.

Women in this country are not aborting female fetuses while holding out for a male fetus.

Republicans have proven time and again that they are out of touch with women's issues, so perhaps it would be best if they quit trying to micro-manage women's lives and concentrated on the real problems this country is facing.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
Radical right wingers...

What is the point of climbing into a private citizen's womb when your rally cry is for "smaller government"?

Why do you defend the fetus...in this case the egg, when you want to cut food stamps, health benefits and education? Oh, I know...the same old story...Save the Fetus, Screw the Child.
Take 3...

Progressives: During the nine months of pregnancy you feel that at some point it is perfectly o.k. to tear out the fetus and toss said fetus into the garbage.

When, during the pregnancy, does that become o.k.?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
OMG, we all know life begins at conception. We all know abortion is murder. Most of us are personally against it, because we have never faced a heinous situation which would allow us to justify it, but we do not want the government involved between a woman and her doctor in case we ever do face such a situation.

To those of you who are adamant.
Imagine that your 11 year old child was raped and impregnated by a morally and mentally defective man. Would you STILL be as adamant?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
That is one of the weakest arguments I have ever heard. Once conception and implantation takes place, their are two. The fetus is in no way "part of the woman's body" but resides with in it. In other words, "separate flesh." Do you know what that means? They do not share anything. The woman's body only supplies oxygen and nourishment.

Did you ever take a biology course? When I was in junior high school it was required. And we DID study human reproduction.
Really? Then I guess it is OK if I smoke, drink and do drugs while pregnant....after all.....the fetus is "seperate flesh".

Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
So, then you must answer the question: When does one become a person, since biologically at the moment of conception, everything is determined: Sex, intelligence, hair color, eye color, body type, personality, talent, likes, dislikes, virtually everything the 'person' will ever be (minus outside influences on the new life in the development years (growing up).
You can try to spin it any way you want, but the federal government says you are wrong via Roe v. wade, and just recently in OK where a similar huge government and anti-women bill was shot down for being unconstitutional. Why does the GOP hate freedom so much?

Quote:
The GOP is not "attacking women". "[T]heir huge government and anti-freedom garbage"? What planet are you living on? It is the Democrats that have expanded government and have been limitting freedom. Ever hear of "Obamacare"?
The GOP has been on a full blown assault on women from coast to coast. Anti-freedom and huge government attacks on their bodies, woman's needs facilities, horrific namecalling from the right's propaganda masters,..it just doesn't end.
The GOP will never be happy until they force their own sharia law on the nation.
(Also yes, I've heard of Obama's healthcare plan, it's the same republican health plan as passed by Willard in MA.

Quote:
Now, we read that Nancy Peloci and the Democrats want to ammend the Constitution to limit Freedom of Speech!

You can rest assured that the Tea Party movement will be fighting that for you too.

I think you need to get a clue. You are way out of touch with what is going on.
LOL the tea party is an' effen joke. They were thrown in the trash after the Koch's got what they wanted from them in 2010. Laughable turnouts at their events as of late, massive backlash against them nation wide,.

Let's all keep in mind those "Less government!" "Less spending!" "pro-constitution!" teabaggers have:

Overwhelmingly supported and voted for the huge government and anti-freedom NDAA bill
Almost unanimously voted in favor of the huge government and anti-freedom/anti-constitution patriot act renewal.
Have been asked countless times to stop their insane spending, which they absolutely refuse,...

You right wingers need to get a clue. You have been completely had (or teabagged) by the Koch's.

Last edited by TempesT68; 05-05-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies