Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Still not answering when it is o.k. during the pregnancy to murder the growing human fetus.

I sense a strong conflict within the progressive thought Borg about the cosmetic notion of human rights and the cold reality of the liberal joy of killing human fetuses.

I suppose I'll never get an answer from the progressive "movement" as long as this internal conflict exists.
Here might be one answer for you.

"She took medicine that induced labor at 19 gestational weeks, too young to live outside the uterus."

inducing labor to end a pregnancy before fetus is able to survive outside of womb

Last edited by jojajn; 05-06-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
You have yet to explain your love of dead fetuses.

I've tried over and over to get the educated progressive answer to why it is o.k. to fill up dumpsters outside of Abortionist clinics with environmental scientists and fighters for the oppressed that will never be because they were cut out of the wombs of women who didn't want to be inconvenienced with motherhood right now but I have been unable to secure that answer.

So you go ahead and explain yourself and I'll be happy to quote it for you...
I love choice and personal freedom. Little things this country was built upon.

And until you can prove that a fetus is a person, its has no rights and freedoms. And they certainly do not supercede the rights of the living, breathing, person it happens to be inside.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Republicans, Get In My Vagina!

Republicans, Get In My Vagina! from Kate Beckinsale, Judy Greer, Andrea Savage, Funny Or Die, lauren, Alex Richanbach, and BoTown Sound

Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM

112 posts, read 123,561 times
Quote:
Still not answering when it is o.k. during the pregnancy to murder the growing human fetus.

I sense a strong conflict within the progressive thought Borg about the cosmetic notion of human rights and the cold reality of the liberal joy of killing human fetuses.
What's the point when you spout such inflammatory nonsense? DEAD FETUS PIE FOR EVERYONE!

Please, show us photos of the unwanted child you adopted into your home. Or the receipts showing the amount of money you've donated to women in need raising these children you're so desperate to save?

Or, I can just look up pages and pages of you whining about taxes. Typical.

Keep up that armchair activism! It is truly the most effective kind.

And fix your dog.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That is an oxymoron. A fetus is not a person, the US supreme court confirmed this with Roe V. Wade

The biggest question is why does the GOP keep attacking women? Why do they keep forcing their huge government and anti-freedom garbage? I thought that's what the teabaggers/gop were suppose to be against?
So if the government can't tell a woman what they cant do with their bodies but it is perfectly acceptable for them to tell us what we can do with our bodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Duh, whenever the sky god and his wonder kid tell us!
How tolerant of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yup.
Apparently so, they/you just don't realize it yet - but will eventually, if this is allowed to continue until YOUR rights are threatened. Self-absorbed would be a better description than "at war with oneself."
Right back at'cha... try thinking this issue through without emotion, and I'm sure you will see the LOGIC in keeping abortion legal. Liberals are often accused of making decisions based on emotion, but nothing brings this out (from the right) more than an abortion debate. I don't like abortions any more than you, but I'm able to use my brain instead of my heart when considering the issue.
Would you please explain to me how murder is logical?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, and YOU want to make it her only OPTION with NO choice.
If she hadn't serviced you with a baby someone else would've...babies keep coming.
Ironic you had to choose a baby....no older child is worth your time...no disabled either....of course.
What the hell is wrong with you? How many disabled children have you taken into you home? How many children have you adopted?

That man deserves major kudos for adopting any children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
At any time the woman wants.
What business is it of yours what a woman chooses to do with her body?

Your emotional appeal is laughworthy.
Again, whatever makes the woman feel good. Whatever makes her happy. That is extremely selfish.
I suppose I'll never get an answer from the progressive "movement" as long as this internal conflct exists.[/quote]

Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If someone doesn't want to be pregnant there is nothing you can do about it. Go about your life and stop stressing. Instead, be appalled by the conditions the folks who are born live in and put your energies there.
The point is if someone doesn't want to be pregnant then they need to take the steps to prevent it in the first place. What part of that aren't you and your side getting?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:21 PM

What an idiotic article! It isn't just Republicans who oppose abortion. How is wanting to protect the sanctity of life getting into a woman's vagina?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I love choice and personal freedom. Little things this country was built upon.

And until you can prove that a fetus is a person, its has no rights and freedoms. And they certainly do not supercede the rights of the living, breathing, person it happens to be inside.
A person has a choice and personal freedom to kill another person but they must pay the consquences for doing so. When an egg is fertilized by a sperm that isn't a human life?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What an idiotic article! It isn't just Republicans who oppose abortion. How is wanting to protect the sanctity of life getting into a woman's vagina?
Forcing huge government and anti-freedom delusional right wing garbage on women is not just getting into their vagina, but pinning them to the ground and forcing them to do what they want.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh dear God, I am not a pro-abortionist! I am a woman who has had an abortion and has an opinion to share. Wasn't it just a couple of pages ago that two of you were asking to hear from someone who has had an abortion? Here I am, but as I suspected it appears nobody is the least bit interested in what I might have to offer the discussion.

A prior post posed the following challenge...

...and I responded with a circumstance the I believe justifies abortion, one that I personally experienced.

Ectopic pregnancy is far from uncommon. It happens in about 1 in 100 births and half of those will require medical intervention (i.e., abortion). By contrast, Down's Syndrome (trisomy 21) has a rate of 4.6 in 10,000 births. Every obstetrician in practice today has seen or will see a patient with ectopic pregnancy, probably within his first few years after obtaining his license.

This is exactly why I usually don't participate in these discussions. You only want to hear what bolsters the position you already hold. You refuse to confront the very reality that good people have abortions for good reasons because you might have to open yourself to the possibility that you're wrong.
Geez, it isn't those mother's lives that are at risk that the topic is about. It is about women who just want to rid themselves of a human life thru abortion because it is incovenient for them. You're not getting that this is what the objection is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies