Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What exits from the birth canal if the "fetus" is allowed to live and grow for 9 months?
Once it exits it is a living & breathing baby, until then it is a fetus inside a woman's womb... why is that so difficult to understand? And why are men trying to give women lessons on reproduction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
It is about women who just want to rid themselves of a human life thru abortion because it is incovenient for them.
It's ok with me. One I took the position that early abortions = early miscarriage = nobody's concern at all in any way whatsoever except to be self rightous I had no problems. Inconvenience is a legitimate reason for doing things. In fact it's usually encouraged. Your personal interpretation of "inconvenience" isn't my concern.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's ok with me. One I took the position that early abortions = early miscarriage = nobody's concern at all in any way whatsoever except to be self rightous I had no problems. Inconvenience is a legitimate reason for doing things. In fact it's usually encouraged. Your personal interpretation of "inconvenience" isn't my concern.
Good point! It would be inconvenient for me to have a child right now, since I'm unmarried with a demanding job, a small apartment, and barely enough money to support myself. So why should I have one? Is there some kind of obligation that we all have to procreate? Now, I take the measures to prevent getting pregnant in the first place because of this... but "whoopsies" happen, and it's nobody's business but my own if I decide to take care of things after the fact.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Once it exits it is a living & breathing baby, until then it is a fetus inside a woman's womb... why is that so difficult to understand? And why are men trying to give women lessons on reproduction?
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the "fetus" is a living being inside the womb and will be a living being once it leaves the womb? Living beings have value. They are NOT "unviable tissue matter" or "parasites" - a baby is a human being - and you support murder.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the "fetus" is a living being inside the womb and will be a living being once it leaves the womb? Living beings have value. They are NOT "unviable tissue matter" or "parasites" - a baby is a human being - and you support murder.
Scientists would disagree with your first claim, and lawyers would disagree with your second claim... try again, this time with some actual facts instead of dramatic talking points.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No it's not, at least not always. You can't make an abortion law that only allows "abortion where the woman has a good reason" - it's either legal or it isn't, regardless of the woman's intent. How would you determine that, anyway? Should we have judging panels who interview the potential candidate, and vote on whether their reasons are selfish? Sorry, but things just don't work that way! Abortion is legal as of today, and nobody but the woman can truly judge whether it's needed in her case. Period.

I mean, how do YOU know if a woman is merely getting one because it's "inconvenient?" For all you know she has an abusive husband, who will likely continue beating her while she's pregnant... or maybe she's a teenager from a strictly religious home, who will be thrown out on the streets if she reveals her pregnancy. You also have those with medical (either physical or emotional) concerns, which might not even be evident to the doctor right away. For example, I've heard of women who chose either abortion or tubal ligation because of mental illness, family history of mental illnesses/abuse, genetic disorders, etc. So how can you make such a blanketed statement, and pretend you know why any woman chooses abortion?
You are throwing out so many strawmen that your desperation to defend abortion is getting ridiculous. One doctor can determine whether a mother's life is in danger or not. Instead you talk about entire panels discussing it, lol. It should be legal if the mother's life is in danger. Why should that mean it should be legal having one under other circumstances? I do however agree that under testing if the baby is going to be mentally or physically deformed then an abortion is warrented.

Most women get an abortion just because being pregnant IS an inconvience to them. Geez, those are just the facts for God's sake!

You will never get me to agree that it a woman should be able to make that choice on her own and just because she plain doesn't want the child.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
An interesting biological detail:

The Good Egg | Sex & Reproduction | DISCOVER Magazine

Quote:
Although the statistics on the failure rate of human fertilization are not entirely robust, given the biological and ethical delicacy of conducting research in this area, the numbers consistently suggest that, at minimum, two-thirds of all human eggs fertilized during normal conception either fail to implant at the end of the first week or later spontaneously abort.
According to UNFPA, there are 133 million births every year in the world.

This means that (if prolife groups are correct that life begins at conception) God aborts about 270 million human lives every year.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
God bless Jan Brewer for trying to stop the murder of innocent unborn babies.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM

112 posts, read 123,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You will never get me to agree that it a woman should be able to make that choice on her own and just because she plain doesn't want the child.
And you will never get our consent to force 40 weeks of pregnancy, the risk of life-threatening conditions and a good chance of what is considered major surgery (not to mention a most expensive 18 years after) on a woman because you want to save the life of an embryo/fetus you will not in any significant way support if it passes the point of viability. Period.

Continue to cry for those poor, innocent fetuses with the rest of the big talkers, though. You know what they say- "Words speak louder than actions."

Wait...

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are throwing out so many strawmen that your desperation to defend abortion is getting ridiculous. One doctor can determine whether a mother's life is in danger or not. Instead you talk about entire panels discussing it, lol. It should be legal if the mother's life is in danger. Why should that mean it should be legal having one under other circumstances? I do however agree that under testing if the baby is going to be mentally or physically deformed then an abortion is warrented."""

WHY? Because it's INCONVENIENT?????

""Most women get an abortion just because being pregnant IS an inconvience to them. Geez, those are just the facts for God's sake!

So YOU decide what is a "murder" and what isn't??!!!!!

Oh, now I believe in god because it's YOU!!!!

No, you can't have it both ways....abortion is abortion....if you believe it's "murder" then it is ALWAYS "murder".

But your posts prove that Anti-Choicers ONLY want to PUNISH women who have had sex they enjoy...must be jealousy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies