Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:25 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Not an accurate description at all. What we right wingers oppose is obama's using the killing of bin laden in a campaign ad desparaging Romney...asking what would Romney have done in the same situation.
Yes, that, too. After the endless "I" crap, he blows about how nobody else would do what he did.

As we speak, JoBlowBiden is on one of those hideous Sun. morning shows proclaiming that Romney wouldn't have done the same thing because there's no way Romney would have had the same information "we" (he and Bammy) had.

Keep digging, you silly goat!

As far as Osama, good grief, was he even running the Taliban at that stage of the game? Doesn't seem much like it. They're still out there, and guess what, Obammy worshipers: They still want YOU dead. They don't care that you're in love with a false president.

Has the death of Osama helped you get a job? Lowered gas prices? Opened the multitudes of closed retail outlets? No? So what's the friggin' point?

Keep genuflecting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As do any of the posts that claim "Bush abandoned the search for Bin Laden".
ANALYSIS: Bush's Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama said he would make getting Osama a priority. What did Bush say about getting Osama, and did Bush stick to his own script?
It is obvious you don't understand military tactics.

When you have initiated a program to go after someone you try to down play it so the person you are after will feel more secure and may slip up.

If you tout all the time that we are after you, you take more measures to say hidden.

Bush, by sounding as if he didn't care gave OSB a false sense of security, when all the while the CIA and others were working full time in trying to locate him.

It worked.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 AM

Oh, lookie. Someone posted a BLOG!

Isn't that special!!!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is obvious you don't understand military tactics.

When you have initiated a program to go after someone you try to down play it so the person you are after will feel more secure and may slip up.

If you tout all the time that we are after you, you take more measures to say hidden.

Bush, by sounding as if he didn't care gave OSB a false sense of security, when all the while the CIA and others were working full time in trying to locate him.

It worked.
I wanted to say words to your effect but didn't want to take time to make it understandable to the braindead. Thanks for taking the time.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I too have noticed the negative posts regarding Bin Ladens death. I think it's because Bin Laden was, quite rightfully, killed on president Obama's watch and they claim that Obama is claiming, and quite rightly the credit for it, he did sanctioned the mission.

The Republicans are simply jealous, because they could'nt accomplish that same feat during Bush's watch.

Then again the Republican party is in a mess right now so I think the Democrats should cut them some slack, or not?
Yes, this is why they are at the point where you'd think they were on bin Laden's team. Some of them are so bent out of shape, I believe they personally would have given him asylum as opposed to killing him on Obama's watch.

Cut them slack? For what? The problem is Obama has cut them way too much slack and they do not give him an inch.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You sound unhappy.
What makes me unhappy is having a president who is not a leader...who is irresponsible when it comes to budget...who does not uphold our own immigration laws...who has no plan going forward...who has no plan to balance the budget or even HAVE a budget....who says that our enhanced interrogatin techniques are torture and he will put an end to them, and then basks in the glory of getting the top terrorist that those 'torturous' techniques gained the information needed to get him.

And it makes me sad that I have to share a country with brain dead clowns who would still vote for a man steeped in failure and who has accomplished nothing other than to bury us in a mound of debt that will take future generations of Americans decades of sacrifice to dig out of.

So yeah...I guess you could say I am a little sad.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

I see another thread.

You'll have to show me the "debunked" part.

Was the memo a fake?

BTW...do you ever address anything directly before dismissing it as false, declaring victory and patting yourself on the back?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t24172072.html

Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, that, too. After the endless "I" crap, he blows about how nobody else would do what he did.

As we speak, JoBlowBiden is on one of those hideous Sun. morning shows proclaiming that Romney wouldn't have done the same thing because there's no way Romney would have had the same information "we" (he and Bammy) had.

Keep digging, you silly goat!

As far as Osama, good grief, was he even running the Taliban at that stage of the game? Doesn't seem much like it. They're still out there, and guess what, Obammy worshipers: They still want YOU dead. They don't care that you're in love with a false president.

Has the death of Osama helped you get a job? Lowered gas prices? Opened the multitudes of closed retail outlets? No? So what's the friggin' point?

Keep genuflecting!
Bin Laden death weakened Al-Qaeda, analysts say
Bin Laden death weakened Al-Qaeda, analysts say - Central Asia Online

You are correct about bin Laden and his not running the Taliban...for one very good reason...Osama bin Laden was never running the Taliban.

BTW...I imagine that there are family members of the 911 victims that are grateful that bin Laden is no more, but that does not affect you, so his death is of little importance...right?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-06-2012 at 10:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
What makes me unhappy is having a president who is not a leader...who is irresponsible when it comes to budget...who does not uphold our own immigration laws...who has no plan going forward...who has no plan to balance the budget or even HAVE a budget....who says that our enhanced interrogatin techniques are torture and he will put an end to them, and then basks in the glory of getting the top terrorist that those 'torturous' techniques gained the information needed to get him.

And it makes me sad that I have to share a country with brain dead clowns who would still vote for a man steeped in failure and who has accomplished nothing other than to bury us in a mound of debt that will take future generations of Americans decades of sacrifice to dig out of.

So yeah...I guess you could say I am a little sad.
September 30, 2011

President Obama’s Terrorist Scorecard

President Obama’s Terrorist Scorecard | CPS News

Since you are privy to the info, kindly tell us which of these terrorists were found because of torture?

Obama Has Deported More Immigrants Than Bush

Obama Has Deported More Immigrants Than Bush - Nicole Allan - Politics - The Atlantic

Maybe if the GOP Congress did not have only one agenda, it would speed up the economic recovery by not blocking Obama at every turn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies