Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Even something to be ashamed of. What gives?
Not all all, Obama knew where he was since 2010.
But I thought he was assasinated, not captured. Do you have informantion that the military took custody of a live person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 03:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
[quote=momonkey;24180782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama's "yes" carried with it massive responsibility for anything that could have gone wrong. Bush was too coward to say, "yes."

A recently disclosed memorandum from then-CIA Director Leon Panetta shows that the president's celebrated derring-do in authorizing the operation included a responsibility-escape clause: "The timing, operational decision making and control are in Admiral McRaven's hands. The approval is provided on the risk profile presented to the President. Any additional risks are to be brought back to the President for his consideration. The direction is to go in and get bin Laden and if he is not there, to get out."
Which is to say, if the mission went wrong, the fault would be Adm. McRaven's, not the president's.

Michael Mukasey: Obama and the bin Laden Bragging Rights - WSJ.com
Doubt it.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is obvious you don't understand military tactics.

When you have initiated a program to go after someone you try to down play it so the person you are after will feel more secure and may slip up.

If you tout all the time that we are after you, you take more measures to say hidden.

Bush, by sounding as if he didn't care gave OSB a false sense of security, when all the while the CIA and others were working full time in trying to locate him.

It worked.
LOL!!! This is such a spin on this that I am so dizzy I think I could throw up!

All it did was give Pakistan a sense of security while they hid Osama and took our money.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Even something to be ashamed of. What gives?
My heavens where are you getting your information? I have not heard a sole, on TV, in the paper or any other media trying to do this. The only issue and even Juan Williams seems to be, should Obama turn this into a political campaign issue? I will say,there are a handful that believe the taking of his life was an assination and we, as, Americans do not believe in Assinations, but that is more a few on the left than the right.

Nita

Old 05-06-2012, 03:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'm just glad the GOP didn't try to politicize 9/11 (http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2012/05/110927_600.jpg - broken link)

Aren't you?

not in the same way......

Old 05-06-2012, 03:13 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
voice analysis suggests that bin laden recordings after tora bora were faked (remember where we had him "cornered" but then he got away?):

The Fake bin Laden Audio Tape

don't know what is true, and what isn't true for sure, but i certainly still don't understand why we would not have kept bin laden's wives under surveillance after 9-11-which would have led us right to bin laden if he was still alive.

all those lives lost and all that money wasted.

not to mention the fact that both sides stopped talking about bin laden, and shifted focus to mullah omar, which would lead you to logically think that they thought he was dead:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22...aden-Long-Dead

go figure.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-06-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM

867 posts, read 498,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
An Al Qaeda suspect who was subjected to harsh interrogation techniques at a secret CIA prison in early 2004 provided a clue, the nom de guerre of a mysterious courier, that ultimately proved crucial to finding Osama bin Laden, officials said Wednesday.

Finding Osama bin Laden: Al Qaeda suspect provided initial clue, officials say - Los Angeles Times

Saying that “our ideals give us the strength and moral high ground” to combat terrorism, President Obama signed executive orders Thursday ending the Central Intelligence Agency’s secret overseas prisons, banning coercive interrogation methods and closing the Guantánamo Bay detention camp within a year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/us...pagewanted=all

But the Obama administration appears to have determined that the rendition program was one component of the Bush administration's war on terrorism that it could not afford to discard.
The decision underscores the fact that the battle with Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups is far from over and that even if the United States is shutting down the prisons, it is not done taking prisoners.

Extraordinary Rendition Obama | Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool - Los Angeles Times

OK, let's review...

CIA gets pieces of the puzzle from Bush's secret CIA prison in Poland. Obama closes these secret prisons in Poland and Romania claiming moral hazards. Information gleaned from prisoners at these prisons leads to the location of OBL. Obama takes full chest-thumping credit for the operation which would have never been possible if his policies were in effect years ago. Obama Administration continues policy of rendition because EIT are OK as long we don't do it ourselves.
Do think there is an Obama supporter anywhere capable of even understanding this, much less accepting its implications i.e. that Obama was merely along for the ride on a vehicle he ordered out of production, and then claimed credit for his safe arrival.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:38 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
LOL!!! This is such a spin on this that I am so dizzy I think I could throw up!

All it did was give Pakistan a sense of security while they hid Osama and took our money.
Awesome spin.....

Again, if you are going to whip someones butt, do you go announcing it?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
give them a little credit. a few of them are bright enough to see obama ordered navy seals to kill pirates and several individuals he perceives as terrorists. he has completely bypassed the judicial system.
that is bek our judicial system stinks. if bin laden had stood trial in NYC he would have walked away a free man.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:44 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Thanks. From your link, Obama has a perfect right to outline the differences between him and his opponent, Romney. After all, we want to know what distinguishes these two presidential candidates.

Well, I'm glad you think that way, so when Romney starts to talk about obama's record, then we should not hear a peep out of you.

Because, after all we want to know what distinguishes these two presidential candidates.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2012 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies