Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does this post even mean?
Context.

Refer to the post that person quoted.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Context.

Refer to the post that person quoted.

i get that - but the entire premise is so full of holes - that the statement is just nonsensical.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
If this kind of Amendment were to appear in the rest of the states, I can bet you any money that it would pass. You liberals are outnumbered and outsmarted, maybe it would be a good time to emigrate to Canada or France because America don't want your kind around here.
America is the land of the free where everyone is afforded the opportunities, rights, and freedoms to do what they want.

That goes for EVERYONE and not just a select elite few within the country itself.

You really don't support America at all, do you?

Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
if I remember correctly wouldn't that mean that only one of them is a biological mother.
Yes it would, but your question was as follows:

"Can 2 women have a biological child?"

To which I answered it with a plausible, logical answer. One of them would be the biological mother yes, but they would still have a biological child of their own.

Anything else?

Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
America is the land of the free where everyone is afforded the opportunities, rights, and freedoms to do what they want.
I wonder if you will say the same thing in the cannibalism thread.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
^^^I think this is a huge point. People want to commit adultry,
many more want to fornicate. The Bible clearly says all these
things are wrong.

We do not always understand why God does things, who am I
to question Him? It is mentioned over and over and over, in the
Bible, that homosexuality is wrong.

God has laws for us to live by, we either live by these laws or
perish. I choose to live.
So basically you are deciding to follow the word of some archaic book that has been twisted and warp beyond all reasoning and imagining instead of living your own life?

God might have 'laws' to follow, but we live in America where live under the US Constitution and the Bill Rights.

US Constitution/Bill of Rights > Bible

Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I wonder if you will say the same thing in the cannibalism thread.
Of course not. Cannibalism has no bearing in any shape or form on the argument and thread topic at hand right now.

Nice try to take what I am saying out of context. Typical, though.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Of course not. Cannibalism has no bearing in any shape or form on the argument and thread topic at hand right now.

Nice try to take what I am saying out of context. Typical, though.
It is not my fault that you spoke using unqualified platitudes - forgive me for thinking that you were leaning towards support of anarchy.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
It is not my fault that you spoke using unqualified platitudes - forgive me for thinking that you were leaning towards support of anarchy.
Don't ask for forgiveness when you've done nothing to deserve it.

I'm positive that my stance on same sex marriage equates to homosexuals being given the same rights and opportunities that straights are allowed to have. Let the homosexuals figure out how nasty marriage can be because obviously the straights don't appreciate it when 50% of them get divorced and there's the constant drive-thru marriages that happen in Las Vegas and other places in the country.

As a military veteran myself, I gave a lot of time and energy and good years of my life for the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, so to see a group of people who otherwise have been beaten, ridiculed, and have been outcast by some of the most ignorant and bigoted members of society really affects me on a personal level because that is not what I spent 4 years of my life in the US Navy for.

I fought and still feel the obligation on some level to continue fighting for the rights and liberties for all people who obey the law in USA. Obviously, for whatever reason you have you're against equality in the United States.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:25 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
To this day there is NO conclusive scientific proof that people are born straight, either. Sexuality has no conclusive origin, and the best guess so far provided by the evidence is a complicated origin of biological and environmental, but immutably set very early in life, either in the womb or just after. Either way, people do not choose their sexuality.

And I haven't seen a single argument put forth that legal gay marriage would force churches of any kind to perform them. In fact, gay marriage proponents seem to specifically state that churches will retain the ability to refuse to perform them. This is just not an honest statement from you or others pushing it around.
That is the case in Canada...The church has the option of whether or not to marry same sex couples...Some do and some don't... Blessing of same-sex unions in Christian churches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies