Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Dang. I'm totally unfriending my Jewish facebook friends now. Sorry guys, turns out I'm antisemetic! Yeah, this dude on the internets figured me out. No, it's cool, just you know, never talk to me again.

And a lesbian too? I'll let my husband know. He'll think that's super hott.
Don't waste your breath. To NY Jew, anybody who doesn't hold his EXACT same beliefs is anti-semitic. It's very well possible that in his mind he's the only non-antisemite in the entire world.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Don't waste your breath. To NY Jew, anybody who doesn't hold his EXACT same beliefs is anti-semitic. It's very well possible that in his mind he's the only non-antisemite in the entire world.
this is a Orthodox Jewish blog (though periodically non Orthodox Jews or even Jews comment)

now tell me I'm alone in thinking that trying to ban one of the central commandments in Judaism is anti semetic

Banning Bris Milah in the United States! « YWN Coffee Room
first 3 comments
Quote:
Rabbosai, The anti-semites in Galus America are attempting to ban Bris Milah in San Francisco and Santa Monica, Calif. Let us daven to the RBS"O that these evildoers are stopped dead in their tracks.
Quote:
I just saw this. It is shockingly anti-semitic.

Quote:
Anti-semitic, but constitutional.

I can show you many more Jews who think this is anti semetic.

anybody who is pushing for this is a vicious anti semite.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times
This is the type of person we're dealing with here people it's pointless trying to have a intelligent conversation with them.

Lincoln Nebraska proposed LGBT protection ordinance: Best In Show! - YouTube

Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
this is a Orthodox Jewish blog (though periodically non Orthodox Jews or even Jews comment)

now tell me I'm alone in thinking that trying to ban one of the central commandments in Judaism is anti semetic

first 3 comments

Why the hell are you bringing up circumcision? Talk about left field.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:

Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Why the hell are you bringing up circumcision? Talk about left field.
that was the reason I called him a antisemite. If I'm so stupid how come I'm the only one who knows who seems to know how to follow a conversation.

Quote:
I don't believe in mutilating babies' penisis. Does that make me anti-semetic? I don't dislike Jews, just baby penis mutilation.

Maybe if I claimed "religious freedom" I can get away with being anti-baby-mutilation.

Quote:
yes your an anti semite.

I assume your also in favor of abortion (and therefore a hypocrite of infinite proportions).

and most likely gay.
Quote:
Dang. I'm totally unfriending my Jewish facebook friends now. Sorry guys, turns out I'm antisemetic! Yeah, this dude on the internets figured me out. No, it's cool, just you know, never talk to me again.

And a lesbian too? I'll let my husband know. He'll think that's super hott.
Quote:

Quote:

Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
that was the reason I called him a antisemite. If I'm so stupid how come I'm the only one who knows who seems to know how to follow a conversation.
If you were actually following that conversation, you'd realize I was female.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
One interesting thing to note is there are some precincts that voted for McCain and were strongly against the Amendment.

Most of these, tend to be areas with a large transplant population. Look at South Charlotte, which voted for McCain, but against the Amendment. Look at Cary, a bit more of a swing area than South Charlotte is, and voted heavily against the Amendment.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
An interesting development I read about today:

Gov. Chafee of Rhode Island just signed an Executive Order stating that all same sex marriages performed elsewhere (such as in neighboring New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, etc.) must be recognized as legal and valid in Rhode Island.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
This is the type of person we're dealing with here people it's pointless trying to have a intelligent conversation with them.
I finally put him & SityData on ignore, and it feels soooo good... kinda sad that one of my few "ignores" is a fellow Jew, but he basically considers me a traitor anyway. So screw it.

Anyway, people like that lady are seriously mental!! I saw another one on local news, a preacher who was screaming so hard (about gays) I thought his head was going to explode. Wish I could find a clip, but I only saw a few seconds of the coverage - I'll see if I can dig it up, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies