Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 PM

700 posts, read 638,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Good for North Carolina.

Not everybody has to approve of perverted lifestyles.

Gays can go get "married" in other states.
Should everything you disapprove of be outlawed? You can maunder down the main streets of America preaching against "perverted lifestyles" all you want, just leave your personal crusade out of politics.

Conservatives love freedom*

Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Should everything you disapprove of be outlawed? You can maunder down the main streets of America preaching against "perverted lifestyles" all you want, just leave your personal crusade out of politics.

People like him are afraid of having to come out of the closet. The insanity can prove nothing else.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Oh and President Obama just endorsed Gay Marriage.
Would have been nice if he had done so adamantly and frequently before the vote. Maybe it would have made a difference.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Would have been nice if he had done so adamantly and frequently before the vote. Maybe it would have made a difference.
Not a chance. He was specifically holding out to see what SWING STATE NC was going to do. He needs the NC vote. He's trying to tap into the disappointment.

Unfortunately for him, it will backfire. The margin of victory was very solid. Conservatives are tuned in to this election season. North Carolina proved that with vigor yesterday.

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I never saw him opposed to the idea. After all, didn't the conservatives have their panties in a bunch for him not "honoring" DOMA?

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post

I would call lesbian "parents" convincing a pre-puberty boy to have a sex change perverted. The more I see of homosexuals, the more convinced I am it's a complete perversion. Keep it in the closet and away from children too.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I would call lesbian "parents" convincing a pre-puberty boy to have a sex change perverted. The more I see of homosexuals, the more convinced I am it's a complete perversion. Keep it in the closet and away from children too.
Please provide a link to this story from a reputable news source because I am not buying it.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
This thread is living proof of why this issue should be handled at the Federal level. There are benefits that are involved and legal rights that are involved. Having one state say a couple is not legally married while another state right next door says they are married is pure and utter stupidity, the laws concerning the legality of marriages should apply to ALL Americans and should be protected by the highest laws and courts in the Nation, and included in the Bill of Rights. So let the morons in NC do what morons do, if the Federal government says they are married, then they are married, period and the morons at the State level can stomp and scream all they want and it still will not change the fact.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I never saw him opposed to the idea. After all, didn't the conservatives have their panties in a bunch for him not "honoring" DOMA?
Not opposing and supporting are very different things. I expected more of the President than "not opposing" on this issue.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I do not have "repressed" attraction to individuals of the same gender - I could choose to do so if I wished - but I don't....
You could choose to be attracted to the same sex? Sounds like a textbook definition of being bisexual to me.

I certainly cannot choose to be attracted to the same sex. I COULD choose to be in a relationship with someone of the same sex, but that's not attraction.

I'm confused by your statement.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies