Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is simply sad. Yeah the media isn't biased are they? LOL. I'm sure if Obama asked these loons to head to Guyana with him they'd all jump up in unison and sprint for the airport.

"Whatever people think about this issue, we know it's controversial, there's no denying when a president speaks out for the first time like that, it is history," co-host of ABC's "Good Morning America" George Stephanopoulos said to Robin Roberts. And let me tell you, George, I'm getting chills again,"

ABC's Robin Roberts On Interviewing Obama: "I'm Getting Chills Again" | RealClearPolitics
Did this offend a Bushatron like yourself? The President's statement, whether you like it or not, made global headlines. For instance, it was the leading story on the Globe and Mail yesterday. There are plenty of conservative people and libertarians who aren't bigots and support statements like this. It's mostly the bible thumpers and the parrots who have issues.

A President taking action to stop government overreach into the personal lives of private citizens should get a conservative chills. I don't mean a partisan like yourself, but a real conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is simply sad. Yeah the media isn't biased are they? LOL. I'm sure if Obama asked these loons to head to Guyana with him they'd all jump up in unison and sprint for the airport.

"Whatever people think about this issue, we know it's controversial, there's no denying when a president speaks out for the first time like that, it is history," co-host of ABC's "Good Morning America" George Stephanopoulos said to Robin Roberts. And let me tell you, George, I'm getting chills again,"

ABC's Robin Roberts On Interviewing Obama: "I'm Getting Chills Again" | RealClearPolitics
Would these be the same kind of chills that some at MSNBC feel whenever he speaks? Somehow it seems that ABC has tried very hard to gain equal ground with that of MSNBC. At least, this time the chills were from a black woman if that means anything.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Even if it wasn't for the money, are we really surprised that he said he supports gay marriage? Day one, I suspected he was sympathetic to the gay marriage issue. This is no surprise to me at all. Obama is in lock-step with the Newsom (for those that don't know, the ultra-liberal ex-mayor of San Fran and current Lt. Gov. of CA)/Pelosi/Boxer crowd
But are any in that crowd worried about the black vote? I read somewhere yesterday that blacks were more against same sex marriage than were for it. I wonder if he thinks he will gain as many gay votes from this as he might lose to blacks or if he thinks that blacks are stupid enough as to be headed in this direction and will still vote for him.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But are any in that crowd worried about the black vote? I read somewhere yesterday that blacks were more against same sex marriage than were for it. I wonder if he thinks he will gain as many gay votes from this as he might lose to blacks or if he thinks that blacks are stupid enough as to be headed in this direction and will still vote for him.
I'm not seeing black people voting in droves for the GOP because of the gay marriage issue. The most probable thing that would happen is that they are going to stay home and not vote at all. Obama might not get as many votes from them this time around but I wouldn't count on the GOP nominee getting their votes, either

Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Even if it wasn't for the money, are we really surprised that he said he supports gay marriage? Day one, I suspected he was sympathetic to the gay marriage issue. This is no surprise to me at all. Obama is in lock-step with the Newsom (for those that don't know, the ultra-liberal ex-mayor of San Fran and current Lt. Gov. of CA)/Pelosi/Boxer crowd
Obama could care less about gay marriage, he has been for it and against it so many times, nothing he says has any meaning, except that is shows us what little character and integrity he has.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

The black vote is secure.

Trust me.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama could care less about gay marriage, he has been for it and against it so many times, nothing he says has any meaning, except that is shows us what little character and integrity he has.
I suppose so. He seems to be like Romney. He'll change his stance on things when it's politically expedient for him to do so. I think what he's trying to do is shore up his base because there seems to be a significant enthusiasm gap for him between now and 2008

Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Did this offend a Bushatron like yourself? The President's statement, whether you like it or not, made global headlines. For instance, it was the leading story on the Globe and Mail yesterday. There are plenty of conservative people and libertarians who aren't bigots and support statements like this. It's mostly the bible thumpers and the parrots who have issues.

A President taking action to stop government overreach into the personal lives of private citizens should get a conservative chills. I don't mean a partisan like yourself, but a real conservative.
What actions has he taken other than to open up his campaign vault to the donars who were pressuring him? No actions at all. It is and will remain up to the states. Anyone who thinks different thinks Obama stands for anything. He sure has you snookered. How do your ankles feel this morning?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Talking Slobbering obamatrons getting "chills" again

Poor conservos...

They have Willard Romney. And they aren't happy about his Casper Milktoast lack of... of... well... lack of personality. There's just no there there. But he's their man. As they watch longingly when democrats express admiration for the president.

Of course, you can always take comfort in your love for Scott Walker. After all, he's very successfully convinced you all that teachers, firefighters, librarians, and nurses are your enemy.

Inspiring.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times
Quote:
They have Willard Romney. And they aren't happy about his Casper Milktoast lack of... of... well... lack of personality. There's just no there there. But he's their man. As they watch longingly when democrats express admiration for the president.
Longingly? More like perplexingly. Since just a few years ago those who are now Obama supporters were morally outraged over the use of predator drones, targeted assassinations, civilian casualties, indefinite detention, and Gitmo.

I guess their views "evolved".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies