Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I ALWAYS read the quote--that's how I trip up most of the nut jobs on this board. No where does it state his age, but it does say they were running around the jungle gym at recess. You don't have recess in Jr. High. I have a 13 year old and 14 year old twins. They wouldnt be caught dead running around a jungle gym at that age.

Once again (no big surprise here) YOU ARE WRONG.
No, You are wrong, dear. You may have read the quote, but apparently you didn't comprehend it. It DOES say it was MIDDLE SCHOOL, which would be 11, 12 & 13 year olds. (Doesn't matter what your kids do. Its not about your kids.) It was about Obama shoving a poor, little girl named, Coretta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Not as hard as the rest of the world is laughing at you. If you don't like Obama that's fine with me--I'm not his biggest fan either. The difference is that I try to focus on truth and policy vs. making up crap to make my points. You make other conservatives look like nutjobs when you guys go off on tangents like this--it's embarrassing and it ticks me off. The sooner you're out of the party, the better. You need to go.
Too bad its not your party and I say he gets to stay.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
Not as hard as the rest of the world is laughing at you. If you don't like Obama that's fine with me--I'm not his biggest fan either. The difference is that I try to focus on truth and policy vs. making up crap to make my points. You make other conservatives look like nutjobs when you guys go off on tangents like this--it's embarrassing and it ticks me off. The sooner you're out of the party, the better. You need to go.

Wow, finally, a conservative giving idiots a boot. Long may it continue until they completely banish.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
No, You are wrong, dear. You may have read the quote, but apparently you didn't comprehend it. It DOES say it was MIDDLE SCHOOL, which would be 11, 12 & 13 year olds. (Doesn't matter what your kids do. Its not about your kids.) It was about Obama shoving a poor, little girl named, Coretta.
Actually--I stand corrected and I apologize. It does say middle school in the article (not the quote from the book), which is 6-8 grade. Recess isn't held past 6th grade (elementary at our school) so that would make the kids around 11. You still can't compare a light shove by a 10 or 11 year old to a group of seniors in high school holding a kid down to cut off his hair--no reasonable person would try to make that claim.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
We had a high school football player growing up that would run us down[we were Jr. high] and then torture us basically it was his idea of fun.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Actually--I stand corrected and I apologize. It does say middle school in the article (not the quote from the book), which is 6-8 grade. Recess isn't held past 6th grade (elementary at our school) so that would make the kids around 11. You still can't compare a light shove by a 10 or 11 year old to a group of seniors in high school holding a kid down to cut off his hair--no reasonable person would try to make that claim.
Apology accepted.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Why you go there girl ...5 BOYS ARE A LOAD !!!
I'm fortunate that they're all really good kids--otherwise I'm not sure I'd survive, lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
"The above text comes directly from President Obama’s first memoir, “Dreams From My Father” and recounts an incident which occurred while he was in middle school. When our president became the subject of taunts from his fellow classmates, he decided to shove a little girl named Coretta. Although he chronicles his feelings of regret, he never does not offer her an apology."

Young Obama Bullied….A Girl | The Talk of the Times

My! My! And he never even issued the poor little girl an apology???

Must be a mysogynist.

Or maybe he was identifying with the white half of him at the moment, making it a racist attack? In any event, definitely some kind of "hate crime" from a playground Bully unfit to be POTUS.
The libbies won't like this!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
"The above text comes directly from President Obama’s first memoir, “Dreams From My Father” and recounts an incident which occurred while he was in middle school. When our president became the subject of taunts from his fellow classmates, he decided to shove a little girl named Coretta. Although he chronicles his feelings of regret, he never does not offer her an apology."
Oh for the love of ...

Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
I think either one of us could tackle him (or her) if we were hog tied and staked to a pole.
Lol, I dont need no stinking pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies