Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

I pleasantly surprised that more then a few Bi men and women commented on this thread. I'm thinking a Poll whould have been a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Maybe because it signals to some people that they cannot take a stand or make a decision. It has a stigma attached. At least gays and hets can make a choice one way or the other, and those in the middle are afraid to be seen as flaky. Just a guess~
Yes, and because bisexuals are often viewed as homosexuals, it makes it seem that there is a choice, that a homosexual could just decide to be happy with heterosexual relationships which is not what homosexuals say and believe.

And also many bisexuals do lie. Women become infected with HIV because she thinks she's in a monogamous heterosexual relationship, he is having his real sexual needs met in homosexual flings and never informs her of the risks he's taking that can of course infect her. And of course justifying these lies because someone feels the straight or gay person would decline a relationship with him/her otherwise, is the height of dishonesty.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yippee. There is no such thing as a bi sexual.
OP, you have your answer right here.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1955 View Post
For most of my life I denied what I knew was my true self. Before I admitted to myself that I am Bi I wasn’t the nicest person to the people that I thought were GLBT. When I finally accepted the fact that I am Bi I discovered so many very good people that had already traveled the road that I was just starting. Now when someone says something spiteful about GLBTs, I simply tell them that I am Bisexual and that normally changes the tone of the conversation to one of acceptance. Most people have a few personal questions, I answer them honestly. I can tell by most of the questions that they are questioning their own sexuality, or are in the denial of their true sexuality.

I don’t shout out “I am Bi” but I don’t deny it anymore.
Larry there are many men like you but they have trouble "Outing" or admitting themselves to others. Bi men is still the most unaccepted sexuality. For men it's OK to be straight or gay but not somewhere in between.

But that is changing.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
I have met more bisexual women who let everyone know they are bi, then I have ever met lesbians that have came out.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,182 times
Being bi is cool and trendy for the ladies but not so much for the guys. I have a friend that's bi and he swears that he enjoys having sex with men and women about the same but he has never dated a man. My first reaction to this is that He's probably gay but he is trying to be strait and simply failing at it. I know that his girlfriend is open to him bringing both men and women into the bedroom as she's bi as well. the major difference is that she's open about being bi where as he is only open about it to a handful of people and the only reason he's open is because they new he was bi already.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You hear about coming out all the time in the Gay community and it is celibrated, but When a Bisexual comes out which isn't often they are looked at with disdain and suspician by many. Bi-sexual men are ostrocized by women as you see on this board?

In real life I know quite a few women that have had open Bisexual experiences or even indentify themselves as "Bi" but you rarely see anyone identifying themselves here as such?

This applies to Gays and Straight, as neither group seem 100% comfortable with Bi-sexual People.
personally, I think they don't "come out" because it's a very private and personal thing. It's like "coming out" as someone into BDSM... the only people who need to know about your prefrences are those who will be intimately involved. Everyone doesn't need to know what position is your favorite either, so why does anyone need to know which gender you prefer?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
And just who are they suppose to come out too, any of you? I know people who are bi, there is no need to broadcast it to the world. What purpose.

Most people i know, there sex lives is a private matter, and should be of no concern to anyone.
There are more people out there who are bi, then your little heads could imagine.

So they swing both ways.

It is what it is. And here to stay.

And hate to differ with anyone, but yes there is such thing as bi sexual. These people i know, are equally arouse by men and women equally, and appreciate the company of each. And yes very often being with both at the same time.

I believe none of this sex stuff, is for us to judge, judge your own sex lives!

Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Apparently, people are feeling the need to come out in public as Bi-sexual. I really don't feel the need to know Kyrsten Sinema's sexual preference. Apparently it's getting more and more popular since I started this post. I noticed there are more than a few articles coming out on Huffington Post on the topic.

Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Nation's First Openly Bi Congresswoman | Advocate.com

Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apparently, people are feeling the need to come out in public as Bi-sexual. I really don't feel the need to know Kyrsten Sinema's sexual preference. Apparently it's getting more and more popular since I started this post. I noticed there are more than a few articles coming out on Huffington Post on the topic.

Kyrsten Sinema Becomes Nation's First Openly Bi Congresswoman | Advocate.com
In a society where one's orientation is used to discriminate against them, making it known the prevalence of minorities in positions of power reduces the stigma towards those minorities.

If being gay, or bi, or transgendered wasn't such an enormous problem to so many people, you wouldn't hear so much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies