Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:35 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sometimes I'm "Bye-Sexual." When I meet someone and suggest we have sex, they say "Bye" and leave.
Clark is funny! Here's what I gleaned in SoCal, from keeping my ear close to the ground while in college.

Most "hot" chicks, the stereotypical LA dolls, were always straight. With bisexual women, they were never hot, but kind of lukewarm, and sometimes unattractive. When you scratch beneath the surface, their whole style was slightly "unorthodox." I knew this one girl (I'm sure I've told it before) who cooed and cooed about a beautiful Italian actress. She eventually married and had a daughter; however, given the opportunity, I'm sure she would have had some "type" of sex with this actress!

If a guy identified as bi and was not traditionally masculine, he was almost automatically assumed to be gay and the midpoint label was given an "oh, yeah, sure....". If a guy was thought to be bi, and was a baseball player type or surfer type, he still frequented his same circle of friends, and some even thought it was "cool" or intriguing. But this was coastal LA, and I don't think this would include the Inland Empire suburbs.

Some other things:
- bisexual men, in the first world, are undeniably culprits for the spread of HIV and other STDs to women (when the disease was "new" and Time/US News would feature an article on the virus, the stories of men who traveled on business and infected their wives upon returning were numerous...and sad)
- they don't help the cause of the gay and lesbian community
- they are probably the least trustworthy "investment" a person can make in choosing a mate, since you don't know what they're doing on the side and/or when they'll get up and leave

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 05-12-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
I've also heard there are some people who are "quattrosexual."

I'm told they will do anything with anyone for a Quarter.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Some unfortunate people are bisexual but not by choice.

They only manage to have sex twice a year.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your case is closest to the women I have dated who have identified as being Bisexual. The. I've only dated one woman who equally dated men and women and she was very male like(agressive)in her attraction for both men and women. The norm in my case can best be described as Straight women who have experimented. I would be more specific if this wasn't a pg13 format.
i'm about to be asexual because humanity is so disappointing

Old 05-12-2012, 10:47 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Huh
It means that he (or she) is a chef who has no sexual preference for any of the pans he or she uses in the kitchen

Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i'm about to be asexual because humanity is so disappointing
Haha, still one of the most interesting topics out there. My opinion

Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Some unfortunate people are bisexual but not by choice.

They only manage to have sex twice a year.
Dude, you made me spit my beer out!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 PM

492 posts, read 1,025,885 times
I read through part of this thread before becoming annoyed. I am bisexual and out. I am a 36 yr old female. I have had sex with men and with women, and I have had relationships with men and with women. I have never had a threesome, never even considered it really, not sure if I ever would do it.

Being bisexual is no more a choice than being gay or straight. Also, it does not make you more likely to cheat, it does not make you more promiscuous, it does not make you any less committed to any person at any time.

As for bisexuals being able to "pick a side" or whatever.... WHY? Why should I have to deny my feelings for men or women? That is no different than telling gays they cannot be gay or heteros that they cannot be with someone of the opposite gender. "Picking a side" means denying our feelings and sexuality.

Some bis remain in the closet or come out as gay because bisexuals are looked down upon by both gays and straights. I'm not sure most of us ever feel fully accepted by anyone. And that is sad, especially when the negativity comes from gays - people who should understand the importance of coming out, of being who you are, of social support and acceptance.

I am always scared to tell a potential partner that I am bi. If I tell a man I am bi, he either cheers and thinks a threesome is coming his way (ridiculous) or he backs off because he thinks I will leave him for another woman. For the record, I am no more likely to leave a man for another woman than I am to leave him for another man... and I am no more likely to leave him for someone else than he is to leave me (or you are to leave your current partner).

If I become involved with a lesbian and tell her I am bi, she either thinks I am just "experimenting" and am really straight, or she thinks I will leave her for a guy. Again, both ridiculous for reasons already mentioned.

Just my POV.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 PM

Your quote... Why is this?

Bisexual people are NO MORE likely to cheat or break up with someone... that does not even make sense.

The whole argument that a bi guy cannot be faithful to a woman because he will miss being with a man is bull, same for bi women being with straight men.

When I am with a man, I miss being with women. Of course I do. And after 10 years of having sex with the same guy, I sometimes miss being with other men. If you are married or in a LTR, have you never missed having sex with other people? Seriously? I'm SURE you have. Or most people have. But that does not mean you'd leave your current partner to have sex with some random person. And it does not matter if it is a man or a woman. It is the change, the novelty, the excitement that is missed.

It is the same for gays, heteros, and bisexuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

- they are probably the least trustworthy "investment" a person can make in choosing a mate, since you don't know what they're doing on the side and/or when they'll get up and leave

Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 PM

Yes. And I'd say the scale can change over time, too. I'm bi and have become more interested in same-sex partners as I've gotten older. I've wondered if the change is purely physical or if there are emotional or other factors involved. Meaning, maybe I've become more emotionally attracted to women over the years without becoming more physically attracted. Or maybe I've just become LESS attracted to men without becoming more attracted to women.

Ha.

That was confusing to write.

Quote:
I think there are a lot more bisexual people out there than anyone can imagine.

Bisexuality is a complicated thing, much more so than being just gay or straight. You see, there are degrees of bisexuality. A bisexual person could be 90% heterosexual and 10 % homosexual, or they can be 25% heterosexual and 75% homosexual. Interest in bisexuality can be recognized later in life - in other words a person could come to realization they have bisexual tendencies in middle age or even as a senior regardless of the fact they lived most of their adult lives as either straight or gay and involved in either straight or gay long-term relationships.

One must acknowledge that there is indeed bisexuality: some people are attracted to both sexes. There were many famous people who had physical relations and romantic involvements with both opposite-gender and same-gender partners. I'm not talking about someone who has an isolated homosexual experience because of unusual circumstances such as being in prison or the military; some people out of their free will and desire and seek out a romantic partner and a person of either sex is a candidate.

Some of the famous people include Casanova, who famously wrote about his hundreds of conquests with woman but admitted to some homosexual experience as well; Marlene Dietrich the actress; Greta Garbo another actress; Richard Burton, the husband of Elizabeth Taylor admitted to having had gay experiences in his younger days; Eleanor Roosevelt the First Lady; Danny Kaye; etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies