Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,059,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I'm pansexual. It's like being bi, but with even more options.

I never exactly had to "come out", so to speak. It's been pretty well known since at least middle school that I didn't have a preference for either gender when it came to attraction. Perhaps it was that I was completely confident in who I was and what I was attracted to... but I never honestly had a problem with being teased or joked. And I've never suffered from a lack of people attracted to me (male, female, or other).
"I'm pansexual." Does that mean transgenders, pre and post opt amongst others are options? "Lack of teasing or joking" When I think back to grade school I don't remember the Efeminate guys getting teased at all, so I could see that. Do you see yourself as being more Feminine, masculine or both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Why don't more Bi-sexual people come out?

Maybe they don't want to be thought of as part of the circus, either that or there just aren't that many more...

Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I'm pansexual." Does that mean transgenders, pre and post opt amongst others are options? "Lack of teasing or joking" When I think back to grade school I don't remember the Efeminate guys getting teased at all, so I could see that. Do you see yourself as being more Feminine, masculine or both?
Yep. I have no problems with transgenders, pre or post op, "traps" (see: Bailey Jay - I'd tap that) or any other "option". Not sure what effeminate guys have to do with this (I'm female). As far as being more feminine or masculine? *shrug* My hobbies and attitude are pretty split down the middle in regards to "traditional" feminine or masculine traits.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,809 times
Quote:
You hear about coming out all the time in the Gay community and it is celibrated, but When a Bisexual comes out which isn't often they are looked at with disdain and suspician by many. Bi-sexual men are ostrocized by women as you see on this board?

In real life I know quite a few women that have had open Bisexual experiences or even indentify themselves as "Bi" but you rarely see anyone identifying themselves here as such?

This applies to Gays and Straight, as neither group seem 100% comfortable with Bi-sexual People.
Maybe because it signals to some people that they cannot take a stand or make a decision. It has a stigma attached. At least gays and hets can make a choice one way or the other, and those in the middle are afraid to be seen as flaky. Just a guess~

Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Yep. I have no problems with transgenders, pre or post op, "traps" (see: Bailey Jay - I'd tap that) or any other "option". Not sure what effeminate guys have to do with this (I'm female). As far as being more feminine or masculine? *shrug* My hobbies and attitude are pretty split down the middle in regards to "traditional" feminine or masculine traits.
"Not sure what effeminate guys have to do with this" I brought that up because that was my only exposure to anything other than standard straight male and female roles as a pre teen.

Thanks for being so Frank by the way. Most people responding either joke about it or are too insecure to talk about human sexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Maybe because it signals to some people that they cannot take a stand or make a decision. It has a stigma attached. At least gays and hets can make a choice one way or the other, and those in the middle are afraid to be seen as flaky. Just a guess~
That would be close to my "Base" take on it, but since most people don't ever talk about it who really knows. I'm inquisative and would really like to know from the source with out making outside assumptions.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-11-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,809 times
Quote:
"Not sure what effeminate guys have to do with this" I brought that up because that was my only exposure to anything other than standard straight male and female roles as a pre teen.

Thanks for being so Frank by the way. Most people responding either joke about it or are too insecure to talk about human sexuality

That would be close to my "Base" take on it, but since most people don't ever talk about it who really knows. I'm inquisative and would really like to know from the source with out making outside assumptions.
Back in the day...way back...I dated women. I never made a secret of my dual drive, but I was cute and never had anyone question me about it.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Why does everyone's sexuality require a grand announcement? What are bi-sexual people supposed to say?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Back in the day...way back...I dated women. I never made a secret of my dual drive, but I was cute and never had anyone question me about it.
I would have never thought that from your posts. Did you have a major revelation or was it a phase?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
Openly bi (polysexual?) here. I don't wear it on my sleeve but I don't exactly hide it. No one cares anyway, though straight women are usually insecure about dating a bi man.

Most bi's lean straight or gay rather than having a 50/50 attraction. Yet there is stigma in both gay and straight communities (particularly for men) so most tend to keep it to themselves and identify with their prominent attraction for convenience.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
I think sexuality is more of a spectrum than a group of specific categories. Most bi people I know are "out" but they don't necessarily advertise it and there is no reason for anyone to ask if they are dating a person of the opposite sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies