Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times

Advertisements

I would be way more gay if I could somehow figure out how to do that without specifically going to gay clubs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There is no such thing as me?
Of course there is. Action and identity to not have to coincide in order to label yourself.
I am bisexual by nature, but at this time in my life, I am not acting that out. People want to label you based on your actions. But actions and essence are not always the same.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
That is because the women 35 and up have tried it long ago and moved on.I think a lot of "bi girl" is a way that some young straight women get attention from straight men. They want the attention fronm guys more than they want a relationship/sex with another woman. How pathetic.
I haven't seen the "Attention from guy thing" personally but I could see it in a younger club environment, and I'm more into funky pubs and corner bar environment. I'm exposed to the mostly Light curious type of women and most that never even act on it.

I think there is a certain expectation for people to settle down and choose one person as you get older. If your expectation is to choose one man or one woman in life, identifying yourself as Bi-sexual (functionally) would be defeatist in your desire to be with the "One", whether it be Man or Woman.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Of course there is. Action and identity to not have to coincide in order to label yourself.
I am bisexual by nature, but at this time in my life, I am not acting that out. People want to label you based on your actions. But actions and essence are not always the same.
Rep. Well put. I would imagine that people that are tuned into theirselves would reach the same conclusion.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-14-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Peaches and cream LA girl with a nice Jewish boy:

http://www.profimedia.si/photo/mered...0093097517.jpg

More of a no-nonsense Katie Couric news anchor look:

http://35.img.v4.skyrock.net/35f/chr...3_AvGdQElB.jpg

Oh, brother:

http://hollywooddame.com/wp-content/...ter-Beaten.jpg

Right, and she just woke up one day...looks like a slow but sure progression to me...hey, whatever floats her boat.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Rep. Well put. I would imagine that people that are tuned into there selves would reach the same conclusion.
Thanks. They will, eventually. We want one mate to settle down with. I have known people in a triad. Eventually, one of them, after about 12 years, was tired of sharing.
I am too territorial to even have attempted it!

Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,180,454 times
Im probably bisexual...tho it would be hard to start dating women and explain this 22 year gap in my personal history when i was in a gay marriage kind of relationship. One can just imagine that conversation....

She: "so what were you doing back in the '90s?"

Me: "er, well, I was living with this guy who was my partner. He passed away a few years and I am interested in women now"

Her: >cue wierd look< "Waiter, Check!"

So, seems like Im sort of locked-in to the gay thing by this time in my life, since I doubt most women would be sort of freaked out by this...

Old 05-14-2012, 12:07 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I would be way more gay if I could somehow figure out how to do that without specifically going to gay clubs...
Go to WNBA games.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Im probably bisexual...tho it would be hard to start dating women and explain this 22 year gap in my personal history when i was in a gay marriage kind of relationship. One can just imagine that conversation....

She: "so what were you doing back in the '90s?"

Me: "er, well, I was living with this guy who was my partner. He passed away a few years and I am interested in women now"

Her: >cue wierd look< "Waiter, Check!"

So, seems like Im sort of locked-in to the gay thing by this time in my life, since I doubt most women would be sort of freaked out by this...
"Her: >cue wierd look< "Waiter, Check!"
So true

"He passed away"
Sorry for your loss.

"since I doubt most women would be sort of freaked out by this"
That sounds like such intereseting situation your in. If I was a woman I would be fascinated just because it sounds so dam interesting.

Did you know you were Bi-sexual back in the day?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Go to WNBA games.

If you see this sticker on the back of a pick-up truck, ladies will either RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION ... or FOLLOW:

http://www.ticketsmore.com/frk-image...hs-tickets.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies