Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,052,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I've lived in Miami for 60 years - it's no surprise to hear that "many" FL voters are not citizens. Voter registration is on the honor system - no proof of citizenship is required. I'd bet that at least half of the 200,000 are right here in Miami-Dade Cty. This has been going on long before Obama became POTUS - stop trying to politicize a 50 year old problem....

Miami: It's like visiting a foreign country without ever leaving the US!

EXACTLY! Why blame the current administration for History!?!
And if you want to place blame in FL, the Republicans have controlled the State for quite a few years - the blame lies there.

And again, in FL, a huge majority are Cuban. I do not have statistics, but I believe the Cuban community is generally Conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,907,534 times
Ask a liberal if there is a problem? Guess what their answer would be... and if the voters were largely Republicans.... guess what the liberal response would be... liberals are stupid...

Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,033,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Probably all of them .. Democrats!

Anyone giving 'odds'?

News From AP | TBO.com
Time to get them off the rolls.....just in time for Nov 2012.

And you know the vast majority of these people are likely democrat voters.

But wait...there's no reason to have voter Id laws...none at all.

Quote:
The state is taking the matches using other databases to try to confirm if the voter is not a U.S. citizen. Florida has asked for access to a federal database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security but so far the U.S. government has turned the state down.
Now...why would the federal government do that?

Time to sue them!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,453,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Miami Hispanics are more red than blue. Don't think Gore got many of their votes.

The issue is illegals and others ineligible to vote, not Hispanics.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As far as I can tell from the article the numbers cited are only counting legal residents that are potentially ineligible to vote. The illegal residents voting would be a whole other can of worms.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,352,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And, in Florida, exactly what ethnicity do you think our ineligible voters are??

Have you visited Miami in the last decade?

Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,982,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
To renew my FL driver license, I had to produce my birth certificate, SS card and a current utility bill showing that I lived at the address. No such requirements needed to register to vote. What is more important- voting or driving?
Both. However, I disagree with your statement. The last 2 times I voted, I had to show my driver's license. So if you need either a driver's license or state issued ID to vote, then doesn't your statement negate itself in some way?

I'm not going to start my own, personal rant, but the same people who keep talking about less government are the ones who are playing "Big Brother." It's easier to get a gun in Florida than a driver's license.

Nobody can blame the Democrats for any of this, since our last 3 Governors (Scott, Crist and Bush) were all Republicans. Both the Florida House and the Senate have been under Republican control since 1996.

So back to the topic of voter registration. Why now?

[url=http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/12/2796905/noncitizen-voter-hunt-targets.html]Noncitizen voter hunt targets Hispanics, NPAs but not GOP, whites - Florida - MiamiHerald.com[/url]

Last edited by justNancy; 05-13-2012 at 01:23 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 02:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,449,074 times
Why would illegals risk being found out to be illegal and risk prosecution and deportation just to go and vote?. I'd suspect the last thing on an illegals mind is voting and its probably very rare for an illegal to actually go and vote. .
As for Non citizens? that would be my Mom and Dad and most of their friends who came to the USA from various parts of Europe and never got around to becoming American citizens,to them as resident aliens its a given that they dont have the right to vote.
This whole topic is just the usual rightie tempest in a teapot meant only to embellish a non event story so that fellow righties will have something else to foam at the mouth about.

Last edited by jambo101; 05-13-2012 at 02:14 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 02:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

When is a good time?

That article is a joke.
Quote:
Hispanic, Democratic and independent-minded voters are the most likely to be targeted in a state hunt to remove thousands of noncitizens from Florida’s voting rolls, a Miami Herald computer analysis of elections records has found.
Whites and Republicans are disproportionately the least-likely to face the threat of removal, the analysis of a list of more than 2,600 potential noncitizens shows. The list was first compiled by the state and furnished to county election supervisors and then The Herald.
So what? Targeted? The only thing this is indicative is that whites are less likely to be registered to vote illegally. It's comical how they try to spin it as "targeting".

Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,982,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When is a good time?

That article is a joke.
So what? Targeted? The only thing this is indicative is that whites are less likely to be registered to vote illegally. It's comical how they try to spin it as "targeting".
I asked why now for a reason. The Hispanic vote in Florida has been conservative. The Republicans didn't bother searching around for these "ineligible" voters before Romney became their nominee. From today's news:

[url=http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/immigration-stance-keeps-hispanics-sour-on-romney-2353464.html]Immigration stance keeps Hispanics sour on Romney[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why would illegals risk being found out to be illegal and risk prosecution and deportation just to go and vote?. I'd suspect the last thing on an illegals mind is voting and its probably very rare for an illegal to actually go and vote. .
As for Non citizens? that would be my Mom and Dad and most of their friends who came to the USA from various parts of Europe and never got around to becoming American citizens,to them as resident aliens its a given that they dont have the right to vote.
This whole topic is just the usual rightie tempest in a teapot meant only to embellish a non event story so that fellow righties will have something else to foam at the mouth about.
I agree and a rep for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies