Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times

Advertisements

I find it humorous that people still think that either political crime family is the answer to our problems. They are one in the same and the only difference is which way they screw us.

The ONLY thing they are concerned about is staying in power. They are going to tell us anything we want to hear, bring up inane "wedge issues" such as gays, guns, god in order to divide the electorate and FOOL us into voting for a continuation of the status quo.

When I hear the useful idiots of the republican or democratic party spout off about how "if only...." I know we are doomed. If people don't realize what these political parties are doing I have no hope for the future.

I am sure people rationalize that voting for the lesser of two evils is "winning" - wake up! What we have now is over 100 years of "winning"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
That's why I don't vote! Both parties suck, and they don't work for us. It doesn't matter who wins in November, I expect the status quo to continue.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I don't disagree with you that BOTH political parties are a huge problem for America but I would also say that "mob rule" is even worst... I have yet to hear a reasonable (and intelligent) solution...

Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 PM

800 posts, read 508,726 times
Everything you said is true. Most people fall into the trap of the false right left paradigm. Anyone who identifies strongly with one of the two major parties and takes their speeches seriously is a government worshipping goon. The two major parties are there to give us the illusion that we have choice but we don't. Its tag team politics, when one party screws us over for 4 or 8 years then we let the other party have a chance foolishly thinking things will change for the better. Well, things have changed for the better...if you're very high up in the establishment totem pole that is, for everybody else its more and more erosion of their paychecks and liberties.

Last edited by Wambatown81; 05-14-2012 at 07:59 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
That's why I don't vote! Both parties suck, and they don't work for us. It doesn't matter who wins in November, I expect the status quo to continue.
I vote EVERY election. If there are no candidates from a third party I can agree with I vote for myself. (I don't know if other areas allow for this but in Tennessee you can write in a name)

The reason I do it is to let "them" know it isn't apathy.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 PM

674 posts, read 698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's why we need to elect Libertarian candidates. They ARE different.
You said it.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Obama will still win

Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
I have three names for you to consider: Huey Long, Charles Coughlin, Francis Townsend,

In the deepest depths of the Great Depression of the Thirties, all three presented themselves as populist alternatives to Franklin Roosevelt.

Each of the three tailored his message to the concerns of a particular group around whom he hoped to form a coalition -- Long appealed to white Southerners, Couglin to urban ethnics, and Townsend to the impoverished elderly -- but all three saw tampering with the Consttution and aggrandizement of the Powers of the Presidency as the path upward.

The Republicans, due to the more-settled and more-entreprenurial nature of their traditional power base, tended toward more-ideological advocacies such as the Liberty Lobby; but the "remedies"-- a weakening of the checks-and-balances system and the rule of Constitutional law -- were pretty much the same.

Amd that list doesn't include the hooded idiots with simpler, and more brutal answers

In the end, moderation and common sense won out; Roosevelt was re-elected, but more important, the New Deal was fine-tuned to the realities of the times. That is how it has to work this time around as well; the present Administration, to say nothing of the previous two, promised too much at the expense of someone wlse, and the cost of re-adjusting to the rule of a global economy (the Lefties' pet scapegoat) is hard to swallow at times. Nevertheless, it's the only sane answer to the economic tyranny that mde the Twentieth Century the bloodiest to date,

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-14-2012 at 08:59 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable. George Bush and his band of bumbling Republicans wrecked this country over 8 horrific years. They were wrong. Your red state was wrong. Your red state consistently picks the wrong person for President, consistently votes on the wrong side of the issues, and can't shake the overwhelming evidence that your state's right-favoring ideology supports the most bigoted people in this country. It's natural to discard what you say here.

The reality is that we have a fine President at the helm. He's black. he's brilliant, articulate, supremely educated, and a man of great depth. He's overcome more adversity than all the previous Presidents combined, adversity brought on simply because of the color of his skin. He is the most scrutinzed President in history, principally because of the color of his skin. It took calculating brilliance to get bin Laden, something Republicans couldn't begin to accomplish. Hard to be creative when you're too busy obsessing over blacks and other minorities as Conservatives have shown.

This President was given the the worst mess in history courtesy of the Republican who preceded him. He was cursed with a tea-party downgraded Congress whose sole purpose has been to make him fail, not help the country succeed. He has managed to reverse the free-fall started by Bush, despite the "Congress from Hell." His foreign policy is superior to that of any Republican and he managed to exact change in Libya without putting any boots on the ground or declaring war. Republicans are OK with their representative LYING to go to war or two. So on and so forth.

President Obama represents the superior position and the high ground and he's headed for a second term whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies