Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Seriously pathetic that America is so backwards. Cuba is going to pass gay marriage before we do.
It's growing. Only a matter of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, that settles it. Gay men are really girls.
How did you get that from the quote you bolded? It says biological factors within the uterine ENVIRONMENT, not development or anything of that sort... I know you were just trying to be funny, but it wasn't even a logical funny.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It doesn't matter what the "founding fathers" believed....it matters that most of America is Christian. It amuses me how many people hang their hat on the religion of a relative handful of people to argue this point.
No, actually it doesn't matter. If 99% of this country were Christian (it isn't), that still wouldn't make us a theocracy - sorry!

As a Reform-Jewish American, do my opinions not count? If so, that seems like an awfully un-American mindset.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:06 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No gay gene.

It's abnormal development.

Don't confuse me with being a bible thumper I don't use religion to support my views. Never have, never will.

It's abnormal. Period.
If that's what you believe, I have to mention that cleft palate also fits under abnormal development. We allow those people to get married though.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Everwhere but America: Gay Marriage support spreads around the World

That's why they are hanging gays, right? Because they are accepted all around the world?

Let Me Google That

Strange acceptance..... But then again gays have a strange twisted logic....

I guess the OP missed this thread here:

Four Gay Men to Be Hanged in Iran for Sodomy
Gay Marriage Support Spreads around the World in Developed Nations that Aren't Ruled by Religious Fundamentalists.

Better?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Gay Marriage Support Spreads around the World in Developed Nations that Aren't Ruled by Religious Fundamentalists.

Better?
Laughable is better.....

Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,790,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Many Christians do not believe that God in any way condemns homosexuality or homosexuals.

My Take: What the Bible really says about homosexuality – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...ted_states.htm (7000 or so gay affirming Christian churches in the US)

What did the Word of God Made Flesh have to say about it?
I read that bold article - and I have never ever seen someone twist the scriptures like that so called priest did. According to him anything is ok.

God did not condemn men with men or women with women - that is what this priest claims. Then he misquotes the bible. He leaves important sections out.

This is the FUNNIEST PART: In the past 60 years, we have learned more about sex, by far, than in preceding millennia. Is it likely that an ancient people, who thought the male was the basic biological model and the world flat, understood homosexuality as we do today? Could they have even addressed the questions about homosexuality that we grapple with today? Of course not.

The bible says the earth is round. Homosexuality is nothing new; It has been in practice for thousands of years - THUS THE WARNINGS AGAINST IT.

Remember - this book was written for children; NOT FOR ADULTS!

Read These words which are very simple to understand.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Its pretty hard to change those simple sentences.

Inventors of evil things! and this pastor claims ONLY WE TODAY have the knowledge that these people didn't have ??? SORRY so sorry I don't buy that one bit! He uses wrong words of the greek to twist his meaning(s).

I was born @ night - but it wasn't last night!

YOU can do what ever you want - I am not going to judge you - but be warned - God is not mocked!!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
why would we want to be like a anti semetic country like New Zeland (bans shichita) or a communist country like Cuba?
Oh dear, I blame the American education system for so much ignorance in the USA about other countries.
John Key's mother was Jewish.
Julius Vogel a practicing Jew was our first Prime minister.
Anti Semitic, hardly dear boy, of course if Israel wants to try and nick our passports they should not complain if a couple of Mossadd agents are jailed in NZ.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
People of State after State after State have spoken.
Apparently you are in disagreement with the majority.
Yes I am. We aren't a direct democracy. Majority opinion is meaningless. Our government is designed to stop the Tyranny of the Majority. I don't care if 99.999% of people opposed it. It's still Unconstitutional.

And FYI, in 1958, 96% of Americans opposed interracial marriage.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You may not be a religous or Christian person but Christians would ask why would God make someone gay when in the Bible he preaches against it? Do you now understand why Christians don't believe in this biological argument?
I am religious person relatively speaking. I hate organized religion, but I believe in the Judeo-Christian God.

As to your question, God doesn't preach against it in the Bible. There are 5 very vague verses that have been corrupted by Conservatives that they claim refer to modern day gay people.

Homosexuality was not discovered until the 19th Century. The Biblical authors were not referring to what we refer to as gays. Every single one of the so called anti gay verses in the Bible is in the context of pagan worship rituals.

Jesus Christ said not a word about gays.

I know why some Christians don't buy it, they are ignorant and uneducated. They haven't the foggiest clue what the original meaning of the Bible is, they just quote out of context English translations to demonize people they hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies