Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I guess that it is too much to expect that Ms Palin would understand the value of her child living in a world where people are regarded with respect and treated equally.

So sad to think of the hate that some must still be passing around their dinner tables.

The same people who believe that a fetus is its own person clearly believe that children lose that 'personhood' and by extension their right to their own feelings and opinions once they become old enough to express those feelings.

Ms Palin's mother respected her right to be an un-wed mother. Should we blame Ms Palin for the continued epidemic of teen pregnancies?
Very good........I don't agree with all of her poltics, but to blame un-wed motherhood on this family is just spitting in the wind. People need to focus on what keeps food on our tables and China off our back, not people's personal lives and mistakes.

Bristol having a baby has not cost taxpayers..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Very good........I don't agree with all of her poltics, but to blame un-wed motherhood on this family is just spitting in the wind. People need to focus on what keeps food on our tables and China off our back, not people's personal lives and mistakes.

Now only if she would learn to keep her trap shut.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Too bad Sarah didn't teach Bristol to keep her legs crossed after one too many jello shooters!
May be true, but she's not the only one this has happened to. Some girl's just party a little to hard.

Some how Levi is never to blame for taking advantage of a drunk girl........guy's just get off too easy when this happens don't they???

Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Well, Bristol certainly inherited her mom's ego and misguided and delusional belief that she's relevant.

I really don't know why she thinks what she has to say about President Obama and his relationship with his daughters has any importance or value whatsoever.

I actually had already seen what she said, and to be honest, I was kind of hoping she would just be ignored and that it wouldn't turn up here on City Data.

The Palin women really are old and irrelevant news, IMO.

Oh, well.......

Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:

I'm not 100% sure about that. Teen girls are highly susceptible to influence and Bristol has, unfortunately, made teen parenthood look quite glamorous.

However, that is not the topic of this thread and I think you missed my point a bit.

I am still not understanding why the young lady has seen fit to criticize what appears to have been a family decision. I seem to recall her mother describing their family getting together to discuss Mrs. Palin's run for VP and I also seem to recall Mrs. Palin noting that the kids all voted "yes."

And yet, Bristol seems to think that the president should not take his daughters' feelings into consideration.
How is this different?

Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Exposer View Post
She didn't seek the job therefore used no family influence. The executive producer of the Today Show Jim Bell sought her out for a once a month report on education since she already had a job as a school teacher.

Truth Exposer
So?

Did Chelsea seek out whatever job she was doing that you have your panties in a twist over?

If she did, does it matter?

Besides, not that it matters, but I have seen Jenna do plenty of segments that had nothing to do with education. Like I said, it doesn't make any difference to me - I just wanted to clear that up.

I actually find Jenna to be kind of sweet and endearing - not at all like her idiot father or her mealy-mouthed, mousy mother.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Now only if she would learn to keep her trap shut.
She probably needs to lay low, but she's no different than most young people today that feel attention needs to be on them. Look at the Kardashian's they tweet all day long and take pics of their selves.
Bristol just happens to be on the political end and look who's giving her notice........their must be some on the left that just can't get enough.

I would have never known about this if Savoir hadn't given us this lovely thread.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Exposer View Post
How many teenage girls in this nation do you think gets knocked up in a high school relationship on average? How many have done it in the past and have gone on to successful careers raising children? Eleanora1, I will now expose the truth. Bristol Palin does formally have a education. She has a high school diploma.

Truth Exposer
How is she a success? She's loudmothed twit with a famous mother who has managed to make a whole series of bad choices in life at only 21. She's the last person I want my kids to emulate. If Chelsea Clinton had done a tenth as many stupid things you'd hardly be embracing her as some sort of role model. If she weren't Sarah Palin's brat no one would be listening to her. She'd probably be on welfare and used as an example of a complete failure and leech.

Who cares what she says or thinks?

Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
She probably needs to lay low, but she's no different than most young people today that feel attention needs to be on them. Look at the Kardashian's they tweet all day long and take pics of their selves.
Bristol just happens to be on the political end and look who's giving her notice........their must be some on the left that just can't get enough.

I would have never known about this if Savoir hadn't given us this lovely thread.
But she doesn't, and deserves to get the attention she's demanding.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm not 100% sure about that. Teen girls are highly susceptible to influence and Bristol has, unfortunately, made teen parenthood look quite glamorous.

However, that is not the topic of this thread and I think you missed my point a bit.

I am still not understanding why the young lady has seen fit to criticize what appears to have been a family decision. I seem to recall her mother describing their family getting together to discuss Mrs. Palin's run for VP and I also seem to recall Mrs. Palin noting that the kids all voted "yes."

And yet, Bristol seems to think that the president should not take his daughters' feelings into consideration.
How is this different?
I think girl's were doing this way before Bristol as I recall Jamie Lyn Spears and their wasn't much complaining was there. It's up to parents and sometimes we fail to get the message across.

I really don't think this is bad to listen to your children, but that their giving the President advice seems a little wimpy on his part. He thought strongly against gay marriage and now the kids changed his mind, oh please are you really falling for this................

Do you really think Obama is just now getting to know "gay people" and their feelings and what they think???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies