Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 01:10 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and this is where you women rights hating bigots fail to figure it out. even when people are the most careful, things happen. Should they be punished for an accident?

Should you be punished because a drunk driver hit you in the crosswalk and you are rendered as a paraplegic for the rest of your life?
A human life is not an accident. I used the term above - but I always put quotes around it to make my position clear. That you can seriously refer to a human life as an "accident" is very disturbing - about on the same level as "parasite"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A human life is not an accident.
Again with the irrelevant argument . A fetus is not a human life. Its a clump of cells. that's all.

the rest of your argument that follows is based on the false leading statement.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
A human life is not an accident. I used the term above - but I always put quotes around it to make my position clear. That you can seriously refer to a human life as an "accident" is very disturbing - about on the same level as "parasite"
If you are a 14 year old girl knocked up living in extreme poverty , you best be damn sure a pregnancy is an accident

Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No thanks - I'm not going to put my life on the line when I can instead go get a safe and effective medical procedure that is performed on an outpatient basis. But if you ever do get married, and you can't conceive, there are literally thousands of children in the LA area who would love a warm and nurturing home and family.
That "safe and effective medical procedure" that you describe so antiseptically happens to involve killing a human life. Sorry to have to remind you about that no doubt inconvenient fact. Also, if you are unwilling to go through a pregnancy - than you had ample time to think about that before having sex. See - I am pro-choice: I think both a man and a woman have a choice before they make a baby.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Do I really sound like Id give a tinkers damn if you supported my decision or not? Its not a baby. Its a parasitic clump of cells. Much like cancer.
It really is best that you don't want children if you can be so coldhearted in your references to them. Cancer?

(shakes head).

Old 05-30-2012, 01:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
That "safe and effective medical procedure" that you describe so antiseptically happens to involve killing a human life. Sorry to have to remind you about that no doubt inconvenient fact. Also, if you are unwilling to go through a pregnancy - than you had ample time to think about that before having sex. See - I am pro-choice: I think both a man and a woman have a choice before they make a baby.
No way in hell that 59% of Americans share your view, no way freakin way.

The story is bogus.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:19 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
If girls could jump and down to induce a miscarriage they would but it's more complicated than that. They will, however, do what it takes.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you are a 14 year old girl knocked up living in extreme poverty , you best be damn sure a pregnancy is an accident
Or a case of incest, or rape. Not unlike the 8 year old little girl who is diagnosed as having contracted genital herpes when taken to the hospital.

We need another flood.

We should be embracing responsible reproduction and population reduction, but it seems like there would be those who insist we revert to practices written about a few thousand years ago, when people were begetting, stoning women to death, and raising goats for burnt offerings.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Again with the irrelevant argument . A fetus is not a human life. Its a clump of cells. that's all.

the rest of your argument that follows is based on the false leading statement.
It is only irrelevant in your mind - because if you have to face the fact that you are discussing the destruction of a human life - then you lose any moral standing to debate - not that you have any in the first place. You just convnice a lot of people that you are talking about a "few cells" and think, whew - now I am on solid ground.

Umm - no you are not. You support killing innocent life - period.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
I have read that this generation of young people is more pro-life than any in recent history. Yet this same generation went crazy for Obama in 2008. If that's the way they vote it doesn't matter how pro-life they claim to be,they only have themselves to blame for every new pro-choice Supreme Court justice.

Personally I have no strong opinion on the subject. But I do want to see every pro-lifer vote Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies