Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM

250 posts, read 379,587 times

Advertisements

It's funny that conservatives will tell you until they lose their voice how a business should be able to do as it pleases because it creates income and jobs. Then a conservative group comes a long and tells you that a business promoting something they don't agree with needs to be stopped. What happened to the nobility of business? Only if it does exactly what you want?

How about conservatives complaining constantly about the size of the government and how it needs to stay out of our lives and let us make our out decisions. Then they talk of constitutional amendments to ban gay marriage. I guess government that does your bidding is ok.

This whole uproar over gay marriage, homosexuals in the public view, rights, etc. is just getting ridiculous. It's pathetic. If you don't like gays for religious reasons that's fine, just stop trying to impose your religious beliefs on those of us who don't share your beliefs. If you don't agree with JC Pennys choice of advertisement, then don't shop there and then shut up about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Good points!

Funny as the libs claiming it is They that are more tolerant, and that THEY are the liberal crowd, and then them also doing boycotts, etc. Oh yeeaahh.

Libs claiming they are the Pro-choice crowd. After all, it's the woman's body and we women can control our own bodies, but then...

when we women become mothers and refuse the immunizations into the bodies of the SAME babies that they supported our rights to abort....THEY fight and gnash their teeth, not at all being pro-choice!

yeppers...funny, and so where does this leave us?

*human nature* taints both sides of the aisle, way too often.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 AM

250 posts, read 379,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Good points!

Funny as the libs claiming it is They that are more tolerant, and that THEY are the liberal crowd, and then them also doing boycotts, etc. Oh yeeaahh.

Libs claiming they are the Pro-choice crowd. After all, it's the woman's body and we women can control our own bodies, but then...

when we women become mothers and refuse the immunizations into the bodies of the SAME babies that they supported our rights to abort....THEY fight and gnash their teeth, not at all being pro-choice!

yeppers...funny, and so where does this leave us?

*human nature* taints both sides of the aisle, way too often.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Liberals are just as bad as conservatives in my book, they are both equally led by the media and interest groups. Hypocrisy knows no political affiliation. Idiots are idiots no matter which side of the aisle they stick to.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kohl's has taken their place..much better selection and good prices.
Haha........much better prices, much better selection same ****ty quality!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
This whole uproar over gay marriage, homosexuals in the public view, rights, etc. is just getting ridiculous. It's pathetic. If you don't like gays for religious reasons that's fine, just stop trying to impose your religious beliefs on those of us who don't share your beliefs. If you don't agree with JC Pennys choice of advertisement, then don't shop there and then shut up about it.
Uhh...please explain how choosing to not shop at a particular store and saying so publicly equates to the bolded part of your comment.

Also - why do you assume that people who choose to not shop at J.C. Penney because of the ad in question are being informed by religious beliefs?

Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
(to WillynillyTalc) Uhh...please explain how choosing to not shop at a particular store and saying so publicly equates to the bolded part of your comment.
Well, let's just look at it, Harrier. You (and many others) have been asked to give reason for your encouragement of discrimination of gays and lesbians, and the only argument that any of you have given is "God said it's bad". This is the reason you've provided, because your religious beliefs are against it.

To impose is "To apply or make prevail by or as if by authority" (thefreedictionary.com). The only standard any of you have let us in on has to do with religion, so what else is a guy to think?

BTW, I find it comical that two men who happen to be gay being shown sitting near the same couch are "promoting homosexuality", and yet you're puzzled by what W.N. Talc has stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Also - why do you assume that people who choose to not shop at J.C. Penney because of the ad in question are being informed by religious beliefs?
Same reason. Some assumptions are more logical than others. No other argument is being given besides "God said it's bad". But I'll be the first to admit, a few out there may just think "That's gross, so I'm not gonna shop there anymore" (even though two men just sitting in the same room is kind of a weird thing to call "gross").

Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Nothing wrong with accepting but why is it that it has to be promoted and pushed on people? I have no hate for them since they were born with some sort of mis-wire. But it's my right and personal belief that it's still sick and an unfortunate perversion.
Its one thing to accept nut its another yo feel obligated to shove it in peoples faces.
And for petes sake, if you're gay can you please knock off the flamboyancy, especially the forced lisp? At least try to act like a normal person who wants respect. I view that nonsense as annoying and not worthy of respect as I do ghetto attitudes/talk.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well, let's just look at it, Harrier. You (and many others) have been asked to give reason for your encouragement of discrimination of gays and lesbians, and the only argument that any of you have given is "God said it's bad". This is the reason you've provided, because your religious beliefs are against it.

To impose is "To apply or make prevail by or as if by authority" (thefreedictionary.com). The only standard any of you have let us in on has to do with religion, so what else is a guy to think?
Religion has little to nothing to do with my opposition to the ad - and even if it does for some people - refusing to shop at the store in no way is an imposition of religion on anybody. No one is being made to adhere to any religious belief when a person makes a decision to not part with money in exchange for a good or service. That is the question that I asked - how is religion being imposed on someone in this instance? The answer is - it isn't.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
"Nothing wrong with accepting but why is it that it has to be promoted and pushed on people? I have no hate for them since they were born with some sort of mis-wire. But it's my right and personal belief that it's still sick and an unfortunate perversion"

And that my dear is YOUR problem. For, although it is YOUR personal belief that it's still sick and an unfortunate perversion, it is just that -- YOUR personal belief. For those of us to believe gay and lesbians are perfectly normal, we see no reason why they should hide their affection for one another or keep their relationship private, simply to make you feel more comfortable in YOUR belief. I am always amused that folks are "accepting" but don't want homosexuality "shoved down our throats" meaning, "yeah we can accept it but we don't want to see it". Do you not understand how ENTITLED that makes you? Because YOU are offended by it, gay people are supposed to pretend to be straight, or not hold hands in public, not show any visible sign of their relationship, while heterosexual people do it without evening realizing it! It's ridiculous. Get over yourself, gay and lesbians are not going to hide their relationships or conform to your gender identity stereotypes of what it means to be a man or a woman, just to make you feel more comfortable. And there is no reason why they should.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:46 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Nothing wrong with accepting but why is it that it has to be promoted and pushed on people? I have no hate for them since they were born with some sort of mis-wire. But it's my right and personal belief that it's still sick and an unfortunate perversion.
Its one thing to accept but its another to feel obligated to shove it in peoples faces.
By calling it a "mis-wire", do you mean to imply that homosexuals are necessarily worse off than anyone else? Because I don't see it as inferior, though some use it as an excuse to treat them as inferiors...

And I still don't see how this ad is either promoting or pushing homosexuality, any more than 90% of the ads out there are promoting or pushing heterosexuality. Not everything visible is being "shoved" at you. Some things are just visible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And for petes sake, if you're gay can you please knock off the flamboyancy, especially the forced lisp? At least try to act like a normal person who wants respect. I view that nonsense as annoying and not worthy of respect as I do ghetto attitudes/talk.
That's fair enough. I'm sure even some gays out there are annoyed by that kinda stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies