Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 AM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times

Advertisements

[quote=burdell;24772725]There's no shortage of Evangelical (33%) or moderate (32%) Mormon-averse voters either but you choose to whine only about liberals.

Typically basless, self-Righteous whine.[/QUOT

Mormon's claim to be christian's is a aberration of truth. Any christian that feels differently needs to educate themselves. Check this out:

Former Mormon: Romney's Mormonism Will Dominate Presidency - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
It is telling how quick the republicans were to ditch the Christian God, and push for a false one and all in the name of partisan politics.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Religious biggots are just a fact of life. It does seem like many of the same posters that are anti-semitic also have biggoted opinions regarding LDSers. Sad and pathetic, but that's life. Just pity them and move on.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I believe that the Latter Day Saints are nothing more than the First Church of Mammon on Earth carefully disguised as a Christian cult. I have not trusted them for far longer than I have been interested in politics.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
So Nancy is not talking to Harry Reid?

Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In all fairness, I was raised Roman Catholic and have 12 years of parochial school under my belt. Mormon beliefs are actually no more bizarre than those of mainstream Christianity. They're just different.
This is the answer.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Whew...thank goodness the liberals are hating Mormons more

maybe now they will take a break from hating the working class

Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What a shock the sheep being herded along yet again. Looks like a bunch of mormophobes to me. lol

"According to the paper, concern about Mormonism has remained relatively stable among Evangelicals, with 36 percent expressing aversion to an LDS candidate in 2007 and 33 percent doing so in 2012. But among non-religious voters, that number shot up 20 points in the past five years, from 21 percent in 2007 to 41 percent in February. There were also substantial increases in Mormon-averse voters among liberals — 28 percent in 2007 and 43 percent in 2012 — as well as moderates, who went from 22 percent in 2007 to 32 percent this year."

Study: Liberal Anti-Mormonism On The Rise

I thought liberals hated everybody, not just Mormons.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
In all fairness, I was raised Roman Catholic and have 12 years of parochial school under my belt. Mormon beliefs are actually no more bizarre than those of mainstream Christianity. They're just different.
Ditto here. But what happens when you're sitting across the table from a Catholic or a Mormon during an interview situation ... if you're Catholic?

If it's a Catholic, they'll probably joke with you about their Catholic grammar school experience or tell you how they thought about going to Georgetown or Notre Dame, but never got around to applying. They may or may not hire you. Being 20% of the US population, there's no incentive to be nepotistic.

If it's a Mormon, they'll hem and haw, hoping that a Mormon candidate was sitting across the table from them. Certain language skills, minus a mission, is an indication that you are most likely Catholic. Then they'll hem and haw about your marital status. They most likely will NOT hire you.

Then, is it any wonder they are not viewed favorably? That they self-segregate points out that they are somehow different from and less inclusive than a garden-variety Protestant denomination. I learned this "hands on" and certainly not from seeing their temples and churches which garnered no reaction whatsoever from me as a child.

Also, with reference to Presidents and their religious beliefs, I believe many just list a denomination and tow the line, making an appearance. Up to now, every one of our Presidents has been a Protestant, except for JFK. They are most likely cultural Protestants who glad hand at church, Obama included. With all due respect to JFK, it is interesting to note how Catholic he was if he was in fact seeing Marilyn Monroe as a side dish. We'll never know. We probably should not know. I think she was cheap. If he was involved with her, that cheapened him, too. So, with the exception of Romney's candidacy, I think most Presidents have been "check the box" religious ... and I think that's a GOOD thing.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 12-19-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies