Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for an Openly Atheist President?
Yes 91 72.22%
No 35 27.78%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times

Advertisements

Americans are simply ready for another president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Americans are simply ready for another president.
Only on days that end in 'y'.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I'd prefer a Christian leader. Unfortunately, many politicians claim to be something they're not. So perhaps it doesn't matter. You should look more into how they've lived their lives, their values, trustworthiness, ECT.

Most don't seem to believe some them anyways it just don't know. An average of 40-something % don't know what Obamas religion really is

Many Americans Can't Name Obama's Religion

I think some just don't know, some don't believe him. I for one don't view a black liberation theology guy as a Christian, nor view a liar/deceiver as trustworthy
Well it shouldn't take a 'rocket Scientist" to figure out that Obama isn't some "hardcore" religious person! He mostly likely is "Agnostic".He's been looking for a "church" that he feels "comfortable" ever since he became President but it's quite obvious that Obama isn't really that interested in "religion" which is cool by me.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:18 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
There's not going to be an athiest president for a good while, still too many fundie idiots who would basically be branding this guy the antichrist. There's only one atheist member of the entire Congress!

Old 06-25-2012, 04:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
New poll indicates Americans ready for an atheist President | The Zingularity

I'm not only ready but hoping to be able to vote for an openly atheist Presidential candidate in my lifetime. It's going to be great when we can finally get superstision out of the White House.
I would not hold my breath if I were you. Atheists are the most hated group in America, according to a University of Minnesota study.

Quote:
This group does not at all agree with my vision of American society...
  • Atheist: 39.6%
  • Muslims: 26.3%
  • Homosexuals: 22.6%
  • Hispanics: 20%
  • Conservative Christians: 13.5%
  • Recent Immigrants: 12.5%
  • Jews: 7.6%
I would disapprove if my child wanted to marry a member of this group....
  • Atheist: 47.6%
  • Muslim: 33.5%
  • African-American 27.2%
  • Asian-Americans: 18.5%
  • Hispanics: 18.5%
  • Jews: 11.8%
  • Conservative Christians: 6.9%
  • Whites: 2.3%
Source: Atheists As
Scientific American came out with a study this year that came to essentially the same conclusion.
Source: In Atheists We Distrust: Scientific American

Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times
There's no way there's going to be an atheist US president in my lifetime. Or an unmarried one for that matter.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Only if they were constitutionalist conservative.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I would not hold my breath if I were you. Atheists are the most hated group in America, according to a University of Minnesota study.

Scientific American came out with a study this year that came to essentially the same conclusion.
Source: In Atheists We Distrust: Scientific American
As individual atheists continue to chip away at decades of tradition through the courts all across America in the name of "separation of church and state" they will become more and more disliked.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well it shouldn't take a 'rocket Scientist" to figure out that Obama isn't some "hardcore" religious person! He mostly likely is "Agnostic".He's been looking for a "church" that he feels "comfortable" ever since he became President but it's quite obvious that Obama isn't really that interested in "religion" which is cool by me.
It's cool by me as well.

It's the lying about it and the pretending that I find distasteful.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Oh, is that it? LOL I imagine its hard to find another Church like Wright's. Maybe you're partially right though. Perhaps he never cared that much for God, but used the church as Wright hinted at. Or, perhaps he just went for everything but the religion aspect to it. The race and anti-American part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies