Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
What, racist for speaking the truth, you and your ilk should wake up and realize the black underclass are your destruction.
Why are Black people always under such scrutiny though? I never hear about, or read CD threads about, poor White people mooching off welfare or being bums and having no ambition. And there are plenty of White families out there that are full of drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers, welfare lifers, etc. How come they don't get discussed with nearly as much frequency as the corresponding demographic within the Black community? And how come the Black community's socially poorest class often gets equated with the entire Black community, as if they somehow represent every Black person ever to walk the planet Earth? That is the part of it that I find racist. These facts are true, and they need to be acknowledged, but we need to hold White people to the same standard, and need to see these issues for what they are, without attributing them to an entire race of people. How many people, when they think "White", have images of overweight single moms with several spoiled kids using food stamps to buy candy and soda while waiting for her monthly check so she can buy them a new TV. Most of the people who start quoting crime statistics as soon as they hear the world "Black" have that exact image of Black people. And yet, who equates "White trash" with the whole of White people? Why is that done so often in regards to Black people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Why are Black people always under such scrutiny though? I never hear about, or read CD threads about, poor White people mooching off welfare or being bums and having no ambition. And there are plenty of White families out there that are full of drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers, welfare lifers, etc. How come they don't get discussed with nearly as much frequency as the corresponding demographic within the Black community? And how come the Black community's socially poorest class often gets equated with the entire Black community, as if they somehow represent every Black person ever to walk the planet Earth? That is the part of it that I find racist. These facts are true, and they need to be acknowledged, but we need to hold White people to the same standard, and need to see these issues for what they are, without attributing them to an entire race of people. No one equates "White trash" with the whole of White people, so why is that routinely done in regards to Black people?
Because Black people are considered the "enemy"

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
Godfather politics is a cesspool of nonsense... I thought you vetted your sources better then that Roy???

Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Wow, more denial, it is scarey that you don't really see what destruction the underclass ghetto blacks are doing to the rest of you. You will be destroyed by your own people. I thought you were in denial, but now I'm starting to believe you have no clue.
I am a black man and "ghetto blacks" are not a huge problem in my life. Explain to me why they should be?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:09 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bernie Madoff and all of his white collar crime buddies say "hello"

He got caught, didn't he?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Because Black people are considered the "enemy"
Oops...edited my post after you quoted it.

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Why are Black people always under such scrutiny though?
Quote:
I never hear about, or read CD threads about, poor White people mooching off welfare or being bums and having no ambition. And there are plenty of White families out there that are full of drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers, welfare lifers, etc.
How come they don't get discussed with nearly as much frequency as the corresponding demographic within the Black community? And how come the Black community's socially poorest class often gets equated with the entire Black community, as if they somehow represent every Black person ever to walk the planet Earth? That is the part of it that I find racist. These facts are true, and they need to be acknowledged, but we need to hold White people to the same standard, and need to see these issues for what they are, without attributing them to an entire race of people. How many people, when they think "White", have images of overweight single moms with several spoiled kids using food stamps to buy candy and soda while waiting for her monthly check so she can buy them a new TV. Most of the people who start quoting crime statistics as soon as they hear the world "Black" have that exact image of Black people. And yet, who equates "White trash" with the whole of White people? Why is that done so often in regards to Black people?
And why isn't the crime level as high?

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Should african americans start taking responsibility for their race, just has to happen. No change will come until they do. And many are.

But subsidies aren't breeding black peoples problems. Their problems indicate that they'll be on subsidies. Subsidies go to all races, all ages, all situations.

Pointing out that black people have a long way to go, and a lot of problems, is just acknowledgement of reality.

But the subsidies they are on help keep them from falling further down. Yes, some might be "forced to succeed", but you know that many, probably most, won't get to Oz.
But how can you take responsibility for anyone who doesn't even live in your neighborhood? Something I have to tell you. When my father moved his family and me out of a bad neighborhood, he didn't look back. He didn't want his children growing up around that kind of environment. He had to take responsibility for his family. He moved us into a different neighborhood so that we could get away from "hoodrats".

But here is something to ask: Please explain taking responsibility for the race? Why not the individual?

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
Not at all, constantly comparing Blacks and Hispanics to Whites and citing stats about the crime rate among Blacks makes you pro-Black.

People should call you Shaft!!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
He got caught, didn't he?
How many don't get caught? I'd like to see the statistics of how many white people actually commit crimes.

I'd also like to see the statistics of how many Black people are falsely accused of a crime.

Quoting crime statistics means nothing until we actually look past the justice system itself, which is likely to have just as many racists in it as there are in society in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies