Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes I have - it is an unnatural union. What isn't perverse about homosexual sex?
HAHA This is ignorance at it's best.

Quote:
Homosexuals living with each other isn't neccsarily perverse - and I don't really care what they do in their own bedrooms alone - but it certainly is immoral. It is harmful to society to encourage relationships that do not further the species to go on and be called normal.
How is it harmful? Our species doesn't have a problem with procreation.

Quote:
Like I said - what two people do in their own bedroom is their business - it is when the lifestyle is forced on the rest of us - when gays want to be considered as "married" - and they want to raise children - that is when it is a problem.
How is it being forced on you? Nobody is making you have a homosexual relationship. Why are homosexuals wanting to have a happy life and spend it with someone they love a problem? How is someone wanting to give a child a loving home a problem?

Quote:
Marriage is betwen a man and a woman - marriage is the foundation of a family - in which children are raised and develop. An ideal family consists of a man and a woman united in love and commitment - if they wish they can produce a child.
Marriage is a term that we created. Marriage isn't a natural thing. Companionship is a natural thing. Marriage is not the foundation of family, love is the foundation of family. A single mother and her two children are still a family. There is no such thing as the ideal family.

Quote:
This stuff is fundamental. It is ridiculous that I even have to spell it out. What do you mean "what is immoral about homosexuality". If you don't understand that - then this society truly is doomed - we have failed to transmit essential knowledge, norms, and morality to our children - and they have been brainwashed by the agenda driven immoral minority.
Fundamental? What are you talking about.
Quote:
God help us.
This comment here just gave me all I needed to know. This is the answer I was looking for. You base all that you know about homosexuality on your religious beliefs. Your god has not yet been proven to exist and the bible isn't a code that some deity gave us to live by. To base anything off such things is immoral.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm almost surprised you're not insisting that the homosexual lifestyle is being forced down your throat.
It is.

Children are required to learn about homosexuality now in California.

Homosexuals insist on being allowed to marry.

Homosexuals insist on being allowed to adopt children.

Homosexuals whine an complain that they are being discriminated against and "why can't we all treal them fairly".

I am called hateful for disagreeing with them.

I can't go a week without reading, hearing, or seeing some pro-gay propaganda.

It once was that homosexuals just wante to be left alone to live their lifestyle without being harrassed by the police.

They wanted tolerance.

They have tolerance now - but that isn't good enough. They really want forced acceptance and ultimately for anyone who speaks against them to be charged with a crime. That already occurs in the U.K. and Canada.

It most certainly is being shoved down my throat and everyone elses who is tired of it and about ready to gag.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,758 times
Quote:
Sigh...

Humans are human beings - they are not animals.
Wrong. Humans are mammals and we belong in the Animal Kingdom. Here, I'll provide the scientific classification for you:

Eukarya
Animalia
Chordata
Mammalia
Primates
Hominidae
Homo
Sapien
Eukarya - Cells with a nucleus
Animalia
Chordata - Has a backbone
Mammalia - Has hair, produces live young, feeds young milk.
Primates - Opposable thumb
Hominidae - Walks upright
Homo - The same, alike
Sapien - Wise

Human beings are animals - the most advanced animal on the planet - but animals nonetheless. We have to eat food, drink water and breathe air just like any other animal. We have basic survival instincts. I doubt your age has anything to do with the fact that you blatantly ignored that Humans are animals.

Or does it?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Sigh...

We have really failed you - it seems.

Maybe I'm getting old (i'm only 35) - but my generation knew this stuff - we didn't have to learn it on an internet forum.
Human beings are a species of animal.

an·i·mal/ˈanəməl/

Noun:A living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly...Humans are living organisms that feed on organic matter and have a specialized sense of organs and nervous system and we are able to respond rapidly.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,281 times
Quote:
Sigh...

]

Science and Biology fail.

Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long Distance Running Biomechanics – Marathons in the Animal Kingdom - Popular Mechanics

One World, Many Minds: Intelligence in the Animal Kingdom: Scientific American

By the way, I'm nominating this post for another forum I participate in, as a STUNDIE.

For the non-science whiz' out there: Humans belong to the Kingdom: Animalia (pstt. Animal Kingdom)

Quote:
Maybe I'm getting old (i'm only 35) - but my generation knew this stuff
You are part of my "generation". Im not that much older than you (barely), but I minored in Biology (Marine Sciences, Veterinary Science, and Marine Veterinary Science) and I knew since 4th grade that Humans were part of the Animal Kingdom (Kingdom: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, Class: Mammalia, Order: Primates, Family: Hominidae, Tribe: Hominini, Genus: Homo, Sepcies: H. Sapiens )

Quote:
- we didn't have to learn it on an internet forum.
It seems that you only get your information from the internet.

30,976 posts, read 21,683,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The article you cite is over 10 years old mentioning 2 incidents from the mid 1990's, nearly 2 decades ago and the Boy Scouts position on homosexuality has been well known for years. You claim people being fired for homosexuality is a common occurrence so certainly there must be something current, say within the last 5 years?

The homosexual is a protected class and any company not treating them, these days especially, with kid gloves gets raked over the coals and sued. The burden of proof is on YOU to find valid and credible examples otherwise the insinuation is nothing but more misleading hokum.
I don't expect a lot of fired gays to make their situations worse by broadcasting to the world they no longer have a job because they were found to be gay. Red states don't do much to protect gays from job and other forms of discrimination.

But here is a very recent case of a person who was apparently denied consideration for a government position, because he was gay, even though the governor supported him.
Fallin Choice Faces Senate Discrimination | Cimarron Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The article you cite is over 10 years old mentioning 2 incidents from the mid 1990's, nearly 2 decades ago and the Boy Scouts position on homosexuality has been well known for years. You claim people being fired for homosexuality is a common occurrence so certainly there must be something current, say within the last 5 years?

The homosexual is a protected class and any company not treating them, these days especially, with kid gloves gets raked over the coals and sued. The burden of proof is on YOU to find valid and credible examples otherwise the insinuation is nothing but more misleading hokum.

This article is not 10 years old. It is from April of 2012. Lesbian Cub Leader Fired By Scouts Says Son Will Not Continue in Organization - ABC News

This congressmen mentioned this within the past five years. Congressman Maintains It Should Be Legal To Fire Someone For Being Gay

Are these proof enough for you?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Whatever gets you through the night.
What gets me through the night is knowing that eventually ignorance based on religious beliefs will eventually be a thing of the past. Sadly not soon enough.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Arus and raison are apparently hopeless cases. If you are deluded - then there is nothing more then i can do.

I feel like taking a shower.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,639,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, not recently, but an aquaintance of mine who was doing a good job serving in the Air Force until it was found out he was gay and was discharged.
We are being led to believe that getting fired for being homosexual is an ongoing problem for the homosexual yet there is no current evidence to support this actually happening other than fabricated stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.