Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 08:41 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Zack Wahls yet again, puke - he is the god of the s.s brigade.

what a joke!

I wonder how much he has made already off that video.
Because he flies in the face of every single criticism, stereotype, ignorant and bigoted argument you people can come up with. He's the shining example because he's young, smart, in college, and SUCCESSFUL all the while having two mothers.

That just eats you up inside, doesn't it?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:41 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Single parents can bring up the child if it is their biological one.

Not ideal, but at least if the parent were hetero there would likely be other adults of the opposite gender around.

And yes, I can see that this arrangement can leave an abominable legal loophole available for the s.s brigade - work it out ,and go for it, cause it's the only chance you'll get!
WOW more bigoted opinion .. Where did you get the idea a same sex couple wouldn't have their families involved or friends of the opposite gender?

Brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, even heterosexual friends.

Where do you guys get some of these ideas?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Seems like the thread that won't die. I think its time for me to posit my question that has never been answered.
For those of you opposed to gay marriage why do you consider it ethical to deny an otherwise law abiding segment of the population the rights and privileges you claim for youselves?
Because two men or two women together, do not fulfill the criteria that marriage is about.

Why should a single person miss out on these rights?
Why should an incestuous couple miss out on these rights?

man marrying man is an illogical PC gimmick, nothing more than a joke!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Single parents can bring up the child if it is their biological one.
So those who adopt can't be good parents? What utter bs.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
All I know that if you discussed gay marriage with people who just came off the Mayflower thay would just throw you in the ocean and made sure you won't come out.

You told them about women having any say in their lives and the same thing would happen ...

Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Because he flies in the face of every single criticism, stereotype, ignorant and bigoted argument you people can come up with. He's the shining example because he's young, smart, in college, and SUCCESSFUL all the while having two mothers.

That just eats you up inside, doesn't it?
not at all, but he just seems to be paraded out by the s.s. brigade ad nauseum.

Zach Wehls speaks, the followers listen!

A big old yawn if you ask me.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:

So the truth hurts does it?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
They don't want same sex marriage because THEY don't like it, tons of peer reviewed research doesn't mean anything, all of it is from gay scientists(that's their claim). But THEY don't have a bias and no peer reviewed research either.
Of course not.

What I find intriguing is how so many of them try to blame their promotion of discrimination on "God". Because the bible says homosexuality is wrong, they think it also vindicates keeping homosexuals from being able to adopt and raise children. The problem is, erm, it doesn't. Nowhere in the bible does it say they shouldn't be allowed to raise kids. And the bible says you shouldn't do many, many things, but I don't see any of those other "sinners" being denied the right to get married or adopt children, hmmmm.

That's because their prejudice is their own. They have more prejudice against homosexuals than even the bible calls for... Wow!

And for anyone wanting to talk about how the bible says it's okay to kill homosexuals, therefore denying rights must be "okay" with God too, answer me this: What about all the other people the bible says to kill? Where's your movement to keep them from getting married or adopting, hmmmm? Personal prejudice revealed.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:51 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:

Again - because he proves your argument that no good thing can ever come from a same sex couple house hold wrong?

Zach Wahls (or however you spell it) is a model citizen and a shining example of how ignorant and bigoted your arguments that kids raised in a same sex household are subpar to the rest of us really is.

Any time you want to spew forth some utter nonsense about the same sex couple house hold - prepare to listen to Zach once again. He proves you wrong and it burns you up inside.

It's okay - you can admit your bigotry and wrongful thinking anytime now.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Of course not.

And for anyone wanting to talk about how the bible says it's okay to kill homosexuals, therefore denying rights must be "okay" with God too, answer me this: What about all the other people the bible says to kill? Where's your movement to keep them from getting married or adopting, hmmmm? Personal prejudice revealed.

The Bible says a lot about stuff they seem to forget about, owning slaves, planting crops, mixing fabrics, disobedient wives, disobedient children, working on the Sabbath(which is Saturday), eating certain things.

Forcing a victim to marry her rapist, they actually see logic in this.

These Bible thumping Christians should read Jeremiah 10, but they would say that's not what it means, seems pretty clear to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies