Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
And what does ANY of this have to do with allowing same-sex couples to wed?

OH I will comment on the boys learn how to be MEN from a father, if any of the males I grew up around, including all my friends "fathers" were MEN, I will take a pass and continue being the respectful non-bigoted male I am.

On your #4, research also shows children raised in same sex households are as well off as(sometimes BETTER than) those raised in mixed-sex households, you guys pick ONE case when many links to research have been posted show that isn't the case or even close to "the norm".

Its hard to compare any data when available samples are so different in size.
After all dame sex parents are only a small fraction of all families. Homosexuality is not natural, as far as I know it doesn't make any sensenfrom evolutionary perspective. As far as I know homosexuality is how nature purges the gene pool from unwanted code. Now, letting people like you to raise children is simply criminal.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Now, letting people like you to raise children is simply criminal.
Says who? You? LOL What authority do *you* have to say what's criminal and what isn't?

I think kids being raised in an abusive home is criminal, but you don't see me claiming that all children raised in all heterosexual homes is criminal, now do you?

Please, look at Zack Wahls for a shining example of the positivity that same sex couples can produce. As I'm sure there are countless of shining examples of what heterosexual couples can produce -- such as myself.

I really have no idea why you must continue to support this unconstitutional behavior and oppose equal rights. Are you that stuck in the past that you want to oppress the rights of others just so you can get off on being able to do what others can't?

You're a sick individual and THAT line of thinking and living is criminal.

Go back to your hills and get off the stage.

You're kind isn't wanted anymore.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so what? Mother nature says we can procreate, doesn't mean that we could be good parents.
I don't think so. There must be a reason your genetic code and personality traits were deemed by nature as harmful for the survival of the species.
Quote:
Animals throw away their offspring, because they can't care for them, the offspring has "problems", or are too weak.
Yes. That's nature's way of ensuring only the optimal genetic code survives.

Quote:
so keep on grasping at those straws. Humans haven't needed to have sex solely for procreation since more than 50,000 year ago.
And what do you think the sex is for? Do you think it is a toy given to us for our enjoyment? :

Old 07-29-2012, 02:59 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
And what do you think the sex is for? Do you think it is a toy given to us for our enjoyment? :
It certainly isn't solely for procreation, that's for damn sure.

Are you telling me the only times you've had sex was for the purpose of making a baby? Or did you or your significant other (he or she) not ever "get in the mood" and decided to head to the back room?

Something tells me you don't know much about sex or love making whatsoever.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
As far as I know homosexuality is how nature purges the gene pool from unwanted code.
If you'da read post #2558, you'd know a lot more, and maybe even be qualified to speak on how people who are more likely to be better parents and spouses than you shouldn't be allowed to get married or adopt children.

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 07-29-2012 at 03:16 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
It certainly isn't solely for procreation, that's for damn sure.

Are you telling me the only times you've had sex was for the purpose of making a baby? Or did you or your significant other (he or she) not ever "get in the mood" and decided to head to the back room?

Something tells me you don't know much about sex or love making whatsoever.
Of course it is. Every time I had sex it was with someone I was attracted to, attraction being nature's way to ensure genetic code evolves in the right direction. Even if this event did not result in bringing a new being to this world it worked towards the same goal - increasing the chance of proper evolution our our genome. Not this time but maybe next?

With homosexuals it works exact same way: every time you are attracted to same sex individual it is nature's way to ensure that your genetic code stops with you and human genome stays optimal.
Nature is not intelligent but very efficient. There are no coincidences. Attraction, sex, love - all unexplainable phenomena are simply nature's ways of ensuring optimization of genetic code and survival of the species. Even against our will.

Last edited by rebel12; 07-29-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 03:23 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Of course it is. Every time I had sex it was with someone I was attracted to, attraction being nature's way to ensure genetic code evolves in the right direction. Even if this event did not result in bringing a new being to this world it worked towards the same goal - maybe next time.
With homosexuals it works exact same way: every time you are attracted to same sex individual it is nature's way to ensure that your genetic code stops with you and human genome stays optimal.
Nature is not intelligent but very efficient. There are no coincidences.
Attraction, sex, love all uexplainable phenomenons are simply nature's ways of ensuring optimal genetic code and survival of the species. Even against our will.
Why do you care so much about why other people have sex? If this is really something that keeps you up at night, methinks you need a more fulfilling life. And yes, people DO have sex for pure enjoyment - both straight and gay. Are you opposed to birth control, or post-menopausal & infertile people having sex and/or marrying? What about those who've had vasectomies or tubal ligations? I guess they should be celibate from that point on, and if they're not married they shouldn't have that right... after all, "rebel12" has decided the only purpose of sex is procreation.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-29-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why do you care so much about why other people have sex? If this is really something that keeps you up at night, methinks you need a more fulfilling life. And yes, people DO have sex for pure enjoyment - both straight and gay. Are you opposed to birth control, or post-menopausal or infertile people having sex and/or marrying? What about those who've had vasectomies or tubal ligations? I guess they should be celibate from that point on, and if they're not married they shouldn't have that right... after all, "rebel12" has decided the only purpose of sex is procreation.
I don't care why other people have sex or what they do in their free time, that's not the subject here. But I object to raising children by individuals who mother nature specifically took out of the gene pool by taking away their propensity to procreate, by making them homosexual.
I don't want them to convey to children these personality traits that mother nature deemed harmful, unnecessary and scheduled to be remove from the genome.

Talking about contraceptives. Like I said nature is very efficient and finds ways around our ingenuity. Contraceptives fail and couples using contraceptives may decide at dome point they want children.

I haven't decided anything but underlying concept of unexplainable phenomena such as attraction, love, sex is procreation. That's the prorogative built into genetic code of healthy individuals. You are not part of it so I don't expect you to understand.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:44 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
But I object to raising children by poeple that mother nature specifically took out of the gene pool. I don't want the to convey to children personality traits that mother nature deemed harmful and unnecessary.

Talking about contraceptives. Like I said nature is very efficient and finds ways around our ingenuity. Contraceptive fail and couple of contraceptives may decide at dome point they want children.

I haven't decided anything but underlying concept of unexplainable phenomena such as attraction, love, sex is procreation. That's the prorogative built into genetic code of healthy individuals. You are not part of it so I don't expect you to understand.
Haha. Nearly every higher animal species has within it some sort of non-reproductive segment. In many species you could describe that segment as "homosexual" if you wanted. It's prevalent in mammals and especially prevalent in birds.

For instance, 25% of male black swans pair in male-male lifelong, "monogamous" couplings. These "gay" swan couples take in orphaned chicks and even steal eggs from male-female nests. The chicks they raise are twice as likely to survive to adulthood as those raised in "traditional" nests. It's a real-life, concrete example of mother nature using "homosexuality" to directly help the propagation of a species.

Have you ever considered that biology and mother nature are much more complex than your naive and simplistic understanding? Instead of dismissing it out of hand as "genetic garbage" and an unhealthy abnormality (informed I'm sure by your religious beliefs), why not challenge yourself and think of a few possible explanations (beyond the one I mentioned above) as to why such a trait has been selected for an maintained in so many species for millions of years?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
I don't care why other people have sex or what they do in their free time, that's not the subject here. But I object to raising children by individuals who mother nature specifically took out of the gene pool by taking away their propensity to procreate, by making them homosexual.
I don't want them to convey to children these personality traits that mother nature deemed harmful, unnecessary and scheduled to be remove from the genome.
All this crap about "mother nature" is entirely made up. A theory you are desparately clinging to to try and make an unjustifiable discrimination seem justifiable, whereas the evidence suggesting gays are every bit as qualified (if not more) to get married and raise children is factual.

You keep running back behind these little theories about what "mother nature" had in mind concerning homosexuals, when it could just as easily be the case that homosexuals came about specifically to show heterosexuals how to be good parents and good spouses. Surely, now, even you can see how creating these theories out of thin air just makes one look silly.

Taken together, your theory and my factual evidence could only support the following conclusion:

Heterosexuals are meant to have the children, and homosexuals are meant to raise them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies