Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Nature simply found a way of disposing of undesirable genetic material: it created gays. As having no propensity to procreate gays are not spreading their genetic code. Cruel yet effective way of dealing with genetic garbage, isn't it?
That doesn't make any sense ... Almost all Homosexuals were born from a Heterosexual coupling, and most are health strong individuals.

Go to ANY Gym/Health Club and a majority of the males there will be GAY because they care how they look.

Oh and the children born of a Homosexual, most of them are born Heterosexual.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Yes, rebel12, every sort of education is "gay propaganda"

To them, any education that doesn't use the Bible as its main textbook.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
To them, any education that doesn't use the Bible as its main textbook.
I always laugh when people accuse others of using the bible, as if the bible is the only reason to be against homosexuality, & often it's a false accusation.
I agree that the bible cannot all be taken literally - but nothing should be! We are given brains to USE! THINK!

I love education... so allow me to use education without any use of the bible text...

1. Trackwatch, you are living proof that nature intended men & women to get together - because through that union of sperm & egg, you were created, & are serving one of nature's goals, to help continue the species.

2. According to the US Center for Disease Control, those with Same-Sex-Attraction have many more partners & thus contract & spread AIDS & STDs much more often than their heterosexual counterparts (& this goes for lesbians too, although the statistics are less clear since lesbians are more likely to be bi-sexual).

3. Even in 2 healthy people (either 2 gay men or a man & a woman), when engaging in anal sex, there are health risks of anal fissures, bacterial infection, anal cancer & colon rupture.

4. Children are naturally created by a mother & father & thousands of years & much research supports the fact that children benefit most by being raised by a mother & father (whether adopted or biological). Boys learn how to be men, by imitating their fathers & girls learn how to be women by imitating their mothers... They also learn how to get along with the opposite sex & develop a more balanced approach to living.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Contrary to the lies and disinformation of homosexualists and their fellow travelers, being raised as a child in an GLBT home is a nightmare. Dawn Stefanowicz grew up in such a home and has written about her experience in a 2007 book titled "Out From Under".

The book is not for the squeamish. She describes some of what she went through in a recent interview:

"For children such as myself, just because our parents are 'partnered,' doesn’t mean they are monogamous. Monogamy in the gay community means 'serial monogamy,' you have a single partner for several months and then move on, or you’re in a relationship but have multiple partners on the side. Research shows that most male homosexual relationships become open within the first year. [MOD CUT/copyright] ..."

Let's put it this way: the public, homosexual lifestyle is tantamount to child abuse and should be treated as such.
Thank you for bringing this to light.
No doubt there are some exceptions, but statistically, this is the norm, unfortunately.
It's important to get people to THINK & not just accept the "liberal" or "gay" belief package without exception.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I always laugh when people accuse others of using the bible, as if the bible is the only reason to be against homosexuality, & often it's a false accusation.
That's funny because in EVERY case when asked why they are against same sex relationships they say because the BIBLE says is is wrong.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I agree that the bible cannot all be taken literally - but nothing should be! We are given brains to USE! THINK!

I love education... so allow me to use education without any use of the bible text...

1. Trackwatch, you are living proof that nature intended men & women to get together - because through that union of sperm & egg, you were created, & are serving one of nature's goals, to help continue the species.

2. According to the US Center for Disease Control, those with Same-Sex-Attraction have many more partners & thus contract & spread AIDS & STDs much more often than their heterosexual counterparts (& this goes for lesbians too, although the statistics are less clear since lesbians are more likely to be bi-sexual).

3. Even in 2 healthy people (either 2 gay men or a man & a woman), when engaging in anal sex, there are health risks of anal fissures, bacterial infection, anal cancer & colon rupture.

4. Children are naturally created by a mother & father & thousands of years & much research supports the fact that children benefit most by being raised by a mother & father (whether adopted or biological). Boys learn how to be men, by imitating their fathers & girls learn how to be women by imitating their mothers... They also learn how to get along with the opposite sex & develop a more balanced approach to living.

And what does ANY of this have to do with allowing same-sex couples to wed?

OH I will comment on the boys learn how to be MEN from a father, if any of the males I grew up around, including all my friends "fathers" were MEN, I will take a pass and continue being the respectful non-bigoted male I am.

On your #4, research also shows children raised in same sex households are as well off as(sometimes BETTER than) those raised in mixed-sex households, you guys pick ONE case when many links to research have been posted show that isn't the case or even close to "the norm".

Old 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Most of that is Old Testament law, which was passed over with the coming of Jesus.

but I'm sure you know that anyway.
And here you have the very essence of the cafeteria christian. Kenny boy why don't you give us some quotes from Jesus on homosexuality? I will if you can't. The following are quotes from the New Testament attributed to Jesus referring to homosexuality.

And there you have the complete list.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:08 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
(to SuperSoul) On your #4, research also shows children raised in same sex households are as well off as(sometimes BETTER than) those raised in mixed-sex households, you guys pick ONE case when many links to research have been posted show that isn't the case or even close to "the norm".
It's true. Here are some links to verify, in case someone in the anti-gay crowd accidentally positions their mouse and clicks on this part of the screen...

A fraction of the evidence showing no difference between how children raised by gays and children raised by heterosexuals turn out:

APA Policy Statement: Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children
Studies of same-sex parenting

And here's some of the evidence suggesting gays are even better parents

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post25163209

Also, on the subject of STD prevention, it goes without saying that the safest sexual relationship (among monogamous relationships) would be between two women. After all, there is much less, erm, "invasion" going on to raise the odds of one person giving an STD to another (save those which are just skin to skin, which logic would tell you would put us all on equal footing). So, in addition to the studies showing lesbian couples to be the optimal parenting team, you've just provided reason to suggest MEN IN GENERAL shouldn't be parents. Only women. Way to go, SuperSoul

P.S. - There's reason to believe gays might just be better at making marriage work as well!

Study: Same Sex Couples Have Lower Divorce Rates Than The Straights
FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Divorce Rates Higher in States with Gay Marriage Bans

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 07-29-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
That doesn't make any sense ... Almost all Homosexuals were born from a Heterosexual coupling, and most are health strong individuals.

Go to ANY Gym/Health Club and a majority of the males there will be GAY because they care how they look.

Oh and the children born of a Homosexual, most of them are born Heterosexual.
I am not making the rules, ask mother nature why she decided that certain genetic code should be extiquished by removing propensity to procreate from the individuals carying them....

Also if you believe most people in any gym are gay or looks should be the major determinant of evolutionary usefullness than good luck...
Keep in mind, evolution hasn't stopped. Its still going on and nature finds a way to ensure it proceeds in the most optimal scenario. Homosexuals are not a part of this process, they are an evolutionary dead end.

Last edited by rebel12; 07-29-2012 at 02:46 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I am not making the rules, ask mother nature why she decided that certain genetic code should be extiquished by removing propensity to procreate from the individuals carying them....
so what? Mother nature says we can procreate, doesn't mean that we could be good parents.

Animals throw away their offspring, because they can't care for them, the offspring has "problems", or are too weak. And sometimes, other animals will adopt the problem offspring, even when they are a whole different species (a female dog raising a kitten with her own pups for example). Doesn't seem to affect the animals one bit. A kitten raised by a dog, still displays cat like behaviors and responds like a normal cat.

Oh damn, humans do that too. When a mother or both parents doesn't want her/their child, and doesn't wish to have an abortion, they give up that child for adoption. And a family, other than their own raises that child as their own.

so keep on grasping at those straws. Humans haven't needed to have sex solely for procreation since more than 50,000 year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies