Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Hey, I'm sorry so many of you are gay but you should stay the hell away from children. What kind of sick mind thinks homosexuals should raise children?
I already responded to all this, and you (for some reason that is actually far from unknown) have chosen not to reply directly to it. A majority of psychologists, experts on what truly constitutes a sick mind, have pointed out exactly the opposite of what you're saying. Not only are gay parents comparable to "straight" parents in terms of how well the children they raise turn out, but there are studies indicating that they might actually be better.

So the real question is, what kind of sick mind thinks we heteros should raise children? Lesbian parents in particular are doing a much better job. Why do you want to deny children the best sort of parenting out there?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have many, MANY gay and lesbian friends and it frustrates me to no end that they can't get legally married and in many places can't adopt. .
Thank goodness that some places still exist - there may be some hope yet.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sigh... I have answered this questions probally close to a hundred times in these forums over the last months - doesn't anyone ever listen?

WHY does something have to affect me personally for me to be opposed to it. There is such a thing as a human society which we are all part of - we do not live in our own little bubbles. Ever heard the phrase "no man is an island". People's actions affect society as a whole - and in this case it harms children - which everyoine should be concerned about protecting.

Homosexual activists are shoving their agenda on the rest of us because they want forced acceptance of their deviant and unnatural lifestyle. That is why they want people to believe the myth that their "raising" kids is a good thing - it is not.

Children need the influence of both a male and female parent figure in order to develop properly. This was never questioned until the homosexuals began pushing their lifestyle and demanding acceptance - and it has not changed.
I think people who raise children in overly religious households are abusing their children. In fact, there have been MANY children who have died at the hands of their overly religious parents. Perhaps I should try and BAN religious parents from having children or adopting. Personally, I think it's disgusting and immoral to raise children in an environment where they're told they're going to hell and that they're sinners and that there's some imaginary dude in the sky somewhere watching them all the time. I've known quite a few people growing up that were completely screwed up for life because of their religious upbringing.

Again, not everyone believes they live a deviant and unnatural lifestyle...I certainly don't. And again, what about single parents? Should they have their children taken away because they will only be raised by one gender? I know gay parents that are currently raising amazing little children. I also know quite a few people my age (late 20s) that were raised by gay parents and are perfectly well adjusted and wonderful people.

Trying to ban thousands of people from adopting children because you think it's icky that people are gay is kind of messed up. I don't go around trying to ban evangelicals from raising children...yet.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Sigh... I have answered this questions probally close to a hundred times in these forums over the last months - doesn't anyone ever listen?

WHY does something have to affect me personally for me to be opposed to it. There is such a thing as a human society which we are all part of - we do not live in our own little bubbles. Ever heard the phrase "no man is an island". People's actions affect society as a whole - and in this case it harms children - which everyoine should be concerned about protecting.

Homosexual activists are shoving their agenda on the rest of us because they want forced acceptance of their deviant and unnatural lifestyle. That is why they want people to believe the myth that their "raising" kids is a good thing - it is not.

Children need the influence of both a male and female parent figure in order to develop properly. This was never questioned until the homosexuals began pushing their lifestyle and demanding acceptance - and it has not changed.

One of these days Alice! - Family Guy. - YouTube

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Thank goodness that some places still exist - there may be some hope yet.
Then move there. Be surrounded by people you want to be surrounded by. Leave the people who think gays should be able to marry and adopt alone. Don't ban it for everyone just because you don't like it.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:

Well, good lord, with so many straight married households with children, breaking up you ought to be a hell of a lot more concened about that awful problem in society. A number of straight single parents have to struggle along raising children the best they can because they can't get child support. With so few gays actually adopting or having children it should pale in your concern. It's quite obvious you have very misplaced priorities.

And what is this how you feel homosexuals are forcing you to accept what you say is their deviant and unnatural lifestyle? Have you been having a hard time walking out your door without a homosexual coming on to you to have sex?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
so another gay bashing thread where a Religious website is used as a source. color me unsurprised.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Framing homosexual parenting as child abuse isn't a very convincing argument to me, because I don't like children.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Lifestyles and morals never change. This is the way life is. You tell 'em Elvis.

And John Wayne

Stupid Leftist Propanga strikes again!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The anger from the gay brigade is an interesting thing to watch.
I'm not currently a member of this "brigade" you're talking about, but would be willing to join up if they've got matching jackets. Matching jackets are cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies