Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,329,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If a person makes a historical contribution - that is great. Their sexual preference should have nothing to do with it. The students should be taught about what the person did - not whom he/she sleeps with.

Show me one place where I said that anyone is "less then human"? You won't find that - in fact I have specifically stated the opposite in this thread - saying that labels cause people's individual humanity to be trivalized.

Do not mischaracterize me again.
Oh, so if they don't label their sexuality you are ok with two men marrying eachother? Well, golly... I think we might have solved homophobia right here.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:59 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But murder and stealing is doing something against your will. How are two gay men getting married doing something against your will that is really harming you, like murder or thievry would?
I have answered this several times in this thread alone - and many, many, many more times in other threads.

I will not continue to repeat myself.

Pay attention.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:59 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
If a person makes a historical contribution - that is great. Their sexual preference should have nothing to do with it. The students should be taught about what the person did - not whom he/she sleeps with.

did you miss the part, that for some, knowing that these figures were gay, because they are also struggling with the stigma of being gay, could help their self esteem, self worth and provide a little hope and comfort in a life that they will be faced with constant scrutiny and hatred from others?

Guess you don't care about the welfare and mental stability of your fellow human being.

many people look to famous figures to gain inspiration and hope. For some, its nice to know that we may have something in Common with these famous figures. Whether its a fondness for cigars, or having an interest in archery; it allows them to connect on a personal level with people throughout history.

Quote:
Yet you like to mis-characterize gays.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I have answered this several times in this thread alone - and many, many, many more times in other threads.

I will not continue to repeat myself.

Pay attention.
Humor me.

By not stating how it is hurting you when asked is just avoiding the question. Is it because you realized you are wrong?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Humor me.

By not stating how it is hurting you when asked is just avoiding the question. Is it because you realized you are wrong?
I have answered this time and time again. I could repeat myself again - and you would continue to ask me the same question - because you will ignore the answer.

If you want to know - read the thread. I have answered the question at least three times in the last couple of hours.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
I have answered this time and time again. I could repeat myself again - and you would continue to ask me the same question - because you will ignore the answer.
I still dont see how Gays hurt you directly. Seeing as you never answered the question. you just said it was immoral, but ignored that Heterosexual couples with chilrden also practice the same type of sex as homosexuals do.

You said that it was abusive, and provided no proof.

Quote:
If you want to know - read the thread. I have answeed the question at least three times in the last couple of hours.
Sorryk, but I didn't see any answer from you that answered the question:

Here. I'll start if for you

Gays and their lifestyle and wanting to get married and have children, hurt me directly by:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Just fill in the list and provide sources that support your opinions.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,470,154 times
Quote:

Show me one place where I said that anyone is "less then human"? You won't find that - in fact I have specifically stated the opposite in this thread - saying that labels cause people's individual humanity to be trivalized.

Perhaps I'm mistaken. Did you not assert that homosexuality is not natural? Did you not assert that allowing homosexuals to adopt was tatamount to child abuse? If these were not your assertions then I apologize. If however these are your assertions then I would put it to you that labeling a whole group as unnatural and child abusers is dehumanizing them. In simpler words, making them less than human.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:

If you want to know - read the thread. I have answered the question at least three times in the last couple of hours.
No you have not. I will not ignore the answer I will address the answer. I have checked this thread and not once have you explained why it is immoral to be homosexual except based on your opinion. You have not explained how and why it is immoral based on factual information and what your immoral code is founded on.

Your lack of providing an answer suggests to me that you know that it isn't immoral accept in your own opinion. Your moral compass has no factual foundation and is therefore pure opinion.

If you answer me I will not ask again. But you need to answer it in the way the question is proposed.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,851,180 times
Quote:
"God help us" is a common phrase used to express dismay. My views about homosexuality have little to nothinhg to do with religious beliefs. You are making ignorant assumptions about me because it is helpful if you can place people you disagree with in a box. A strong moral compass tells me that homosexuality is wrong. I don't base that off of anything in a religious text.
What a morally wrong thing might look like:

Pssst.... they got the gay......Disney.... working hard to promote the gay fish lifestyle.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,144,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What a morally wrong thing might look like:

Pssst.... they got the gay......Disney.... working hard to promote the gay fish lifestyle.
Gay fish are the worst! Gay cats I can handle, but gay fish? Getouttahere!!

On a related note, I'm pretty sure my dog is gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies