Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,937,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Lifestyles and morals never change. This is the way life is. You tell 'em Elvis.

And John Wayne

Stupid Leftist Propanga strikes again!

Aaaah---the good ole days.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,937,428 times
Gays wanting to get married and raise children. I don't think they know what they gettin' themselves into.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,983,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Contrary to the lies and disinformation of homosexualists and their fellow travelers ...
Homosexualists ...????

Give me a break!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,884,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
No. It's a matter of probabilities.

And they are far more promiscuous in general.
I'm afraid the divorce rates would indicate otherwise.

Any relationship can suffer challenges. If one person has one experience it does not infer all people will. If you make the argument that being in an adulterous home is child abuse, then there are many households that will be guilty on both sides of the track...that is a human short coming not a gay or straight one.

How parents deal with it and what they expose the child to is the question and it will be different in every case. The statements made in here are as absurd as ... Divorce rates among heterosexuals are so high it is child abuse when people won't settle their differences in a non legal manor....

Old 07-10-2012, 04:55 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,594,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Homosexuals have equal rights in America - they are Americans aren't they? As American citizens they have the same equal rights as everyone else.

They are the ones saying that they are unique and demanding special rights.

Don't make up stuff about me - I am not seeking to deny anyone something - I want to protect our society and its fundamental institutions that make it strong - marriage and the family unit.
Wrong, gay American's do not have equal rights. If they did, I would be living in the U.S. right now with my partner of 5+ years. Because we are a same-sex couple, he cannot sponsor me for immigration like an opposite-sex couple could. That simple fact alone tells me equal rights DO NOT exist in the U.S. for all people, regardless of sexual orientation.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,406,290 times
Quote:
Yep - they can't win on the merits of their argument so they resort to name calling and loaded language.
Aaaand which side seems to be hiding from post #65? Here, I'll re-post:

Quote:
A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual.
Technical Report: Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents

Here's mention of a study that actually discovered

Quote:
...that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.
Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers - TIME

One poster tried to claim that "Nobody in their right mind would approve of gays being parents". Yet, the APA (you know, the ones more qualified to judge exactly who is or isn't in their "right mind") joins the above to point out interesting research findings:

Quote:
The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples.
Lesbian & Gay Parenting: Theoretical & Conceptual Examinations Related to Lesbian & Gay Parenting (page 3)

And it makes perfect sense. While many heterosexual couples can actually become parents without really wanting to, homosexuals choose to become parents. And look at all the fighting they have to do just to have a child to raise! No wonder they're so much more committed and motivated to being good parents on average. All this is confirmed via the links I posted in post #44, which was also conveniently ignored by... well, EVERYONE on your side of the debate. You gonna tell me it was a coincidence that the biggest loudmouths on this board just happened to not see it? Because if they did, they would've responded, unless of course... they can't think of a good argument...

Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,256,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The anger from the gay brigade is an interesting thing to watch.
Wouldn't you be angry if you were repeatedly called a child abuser, and you shouldn't be raising children?
As a parent that tends to tick me off quite a bit.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
We aren't discussing "religious" homes - we are talking about homosexual ones - one has nothing to do with the other. Why would you even mention religion? It is irrelevant.

Single parenthood usually isn't planned - homosexuals must adopt since they cannot produce children of their own - which should be the first hint that they shouldn't be raising kids. When they can produce children on their own - then they might have an argument.

Single parenthood is tragic - why would you even think of taking a child away from a parent when they already have one missing for whatever reason?

You are comparing apples to oranges.
As I have explained MANY times, homosexuals are not sterile, and many have biological children either from a previous relationship, IVF, or surrogacy. Just like heterosexuals.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Homosexuals are probally sexually abusing children as we speak - that does not concern you?

I would hope that sexual abuse of children would at the very least bother you - if it doesn't - "shakes head".
It is FAR more likely that a heterosexual is abusing a child as we speak. Doesn't that concern you?

Last edited by jjrose; 07-10-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Excuse me? My opposition to the homosexual agenda has very little to do with the Bible. Your assumptions about people's source of moral truths are pretty much worthless. I know that you just want to be able to say that - because it gives you an easy target for your anti-religious hatred and bigotry - but it is a very shallow insight into moral underpinnings.

Religion has nothing to do with this thread. This is about homosexuals destroying fundamental bulwarks of our society - and endangering children.
Considering that same sex marriage is relatively new in the few states that allow it, I would say that they have nothing to do with the destruction of the bulwark of society. Heteros did that themselves.

There are FAR more females abused by males, so there again heteros must be the ones endangering children far more than those evil gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies