Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,236,398 times

Advertisements

*sigh* Bigotry from the peanut gallery (Harrier, Ed, gysmo, the usual suspects) is just down right sad.

Do you have nothing better to do than point the finger and cry wolf at something you don't like? Last I recall I wasn't forcing my opinion on anyone - just defending a group of people from having their rights stripped away from the ignorant bigots who have no idea what America and the Constitution is truly about.

It's okay because things are slowly changing and eventually, guess what? There will be same sex marriage legalized in every state and soon enough you'll find yourself living next to a homosexual couple or two with perfect little angels while your devilish offspring are off doing drugs or having sex with everything that moves (an extreme example for the hetero-sycophants, but you get the point).

Keeping hating and acting unconstitutional, peanut gallery! Go against what America is truly about. No one take your words very seriously anyway.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,713,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think people who raise children in overly religious households are abusing their children. In fact, there have been MANY children who have died at the hands of their overly religious parents. Perhaps I should try and BAN religious parents from having children or adopting. Personally, I think it's disgusting and immoral to raise children in an environment where they're told they're going to hell and that they're sinners and that there's some imaginary dude in the sky somewhere watching them all the time. I've known quite a few people growing up that were completely screwed up for life because of their religious upbringing.

Again, not everyone believes they live a deviant and unnatural lifestyle...I certainly don't. And again, what about single parents? Should they have their children taken away because they will only be raised by one gender? I know gay parents that are currently raising amazing little children. I also know quite a few people my age (late 20s) that were raised by gay parents and are perfectly well adjusted and wonderful people.

Trying to ban thousands of people from adopting children because you think it's icky that people are gay is kind of messed up. I don't go around trying to ban evangelicals from raising children...yet.
Yes, it is sick parenting when little children of the Phelps cult hold signs showing male stick figures engaging in anal intercourse at their demonstrations. Such people live in a bitter spirit derived from lack of forgivness of sin of others.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How exactly does a homosexual couple marrying and adopting a child (or 3) affect you in ANY WAY?
Maybe he lies awake many a night worried to death that homosexuals are sexually abusing children.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,070,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So I gather if a homosexual couple moved next door to you that you would have to walk over to their front door and demand to them that they move out as soon as possible, because you find it impossible to accept their lifestye, all the more so if they have kids. God forbid they play with your kids, if you have any.
No - it is their property - why would you think I would demand that they leave their property? Did I ever say that? NO!

You can be certain that they would never be alone with any children that i am responsible for.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Framing homosexual parenting as child abuse isn't a very convincing argument to me, because I don't like children.
Excellent point!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You folks sure like to scream "bigot" at every opportunity. Sorry Shirley, it rolls off like water on a duck.
Yep - they can't win on the merits of their argument so they resort to name calling and loaded language.

It would be funny - if it wasn't so pathetic.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Maybe he lies awake many a night worried to death that homosexuals are sexually abusing children.
Homosexuals are probally sexually abusing children as we speak - that does not concern you?

I would hope that sexual abuse of children would at the very least bother you - if it doesn't - "shakes head".

Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,472,028 times
[quote=WesternPilgrim;25094528]That "one occurrence" is important because it gives flesh and blood to the statistics you willfully ignore. It's important to see the humanity of it.

And her experience should be looked at as more than just one data point. She witnessed, first hand - and for many years - the horribly destructive behaviors of the entire "gay" subculture that we are all being asked to accept as healthy and normal. Her first hand, inside knowledge is worth far more than all of the two-bit "I know someone who is gay ..." opinions found in this thread.[/quote

I hope you know that your assertion that she witnessed the behaviors of the ENTIRE gay community
is completely idiotic. Such assertions on your part destroy any hope of credibility for your argument.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We aren't discussing "religious" homes - we are talking about homosexual ones - one has nothing to do with the other. Why would you even mention religion? It is irrelevant.
WRONG. Religion has so damned much to do with it, because people get ideas to hate and refusing to accept homosexuals from reading the Bible. After all, where would you be in your lack of acceptance for homosexuals, if it wasn't for the Bible. So many people love to pick and choose, though, when it comes to accepting what the Bible says.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 PM

170 posts, read 129,551 times
I can't believe the amount of lies and hate on these threads. It's as if the moderators are tacitly in agreement. Why is it acceptable to bash a group of people that want to raise a family? In what universe is it acceptable to be judgmental and prejudiced to this degree? It's not accepting homosexuals that is leading the American decline. No. It's a lack of compassion and lack of civility towards others that is causing the decline of America, if there is a decline to be had. It is this narrow-minded idiotic thinking that enabled people to be so greedy and so hateful as to hasten the sub-prime crisis. This "us" vs. "them" mentality that many exhibit on this board is precisely why America is fragmented.

When did acceptance and equality become anti-American? Sorry, but this is gotten to a point of utter stupidity and is not good for the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies