Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 12:47 PM

170 posts, read 203,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
*points out logically fallacies and flaws in the ignorant, bigotry filled anti-homosexual agenda and opinionated statements on this thread*

*gets told that I obviously must be a liberal, a bigot, and will be the down fall of American society as we know it*

Keep failing, RW/Conservatives/Republicans/anti-gay crowd, keep failing!
The truth hurts doesn't it?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
From Merriam Webster:

big·ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

Definition of BIGOT

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

— big·ot·ed adjective
— big·ot·ed·ly adverb
That sounds like a lot of people who hate people of faith on this forum.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
This will happen first;

Seriously.
You never heard of Hell, MI?

It freezes over every year.
Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,119,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - we hate when people of faith use it to try and control how others go about living their lives (like using a faith I don't share as a reason for banning me from accessing civil marriage law, serving in the military, etc).

Old 07-10-2012, 01:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nah, hate the sin love sinner, right? I could care less about your faith (or anyone else's for that matter) as long as you don't use your faith as an excuse to deny people rights and happiness.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
The truth hurts doesn't it?
You mean the truth of pointing out how ridiculous and sad the opposition's logic and intelligence is?

Then yes - it does hurt, as in my sides hurt from how funny and hilarious thinking that people like you and them actually believe the bigotry that spews out of their mouth. It's quite humorous indeed!

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It is FAR more likely that a heterosexual is abusing a child as we speak. Doesn't that concern you?
Did you even read what I wrote? I said "I hope that sexual abuse of children would at the very least bother you"?

How can you read that and ask me your question? Where did I make a distinction in that phrase? I didn't.

You illustrate the entire futility of dividing people by using labels - and the gays have no one but themselves to blame for it.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:08 PM

629 posts, read 947,348 times
Children deserve to be raised in a household where the parents are loving, not abusive, not sexually abusive, and do not openly have promiscuous unsafe sex with strangers or expose their children to same (in other words, respect normal sociosexual boundaries). Children should be raised by emotionally sound grown-ups, gay or straight makes a lot less difference than that (and all other things being equal, gays and straights are equally likely to be emotionally sound).

Also there's no evidence this woman in the OP has any exposure to L or T individuals so I don't know why they call it the "GBLT umbrella." These acronyms are overused and can often be imprecise.

The woman in the OP was raised by a person who repeatedly put his sexual wants ahead of his childrens' well-being and his own. There's an awful lot wrong and sad and appalling in that. But there are plenty of heterosexual people who do that too, and it's wrong and sad and appalling for their children as well.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Or when discussing different family structures. Some families are mom and dad, dad and step mom, mom and step dad, just mom, just dad, aunt and uncle, mom and mom, or dad and dad.
Schools are not the place to discuss such things - that is for inside the home.

Our schools are not social experiement laboratories - they are institutions of education.

The only reason why the gay army wants family structures to be discussed in schools is so they can pretend like their "families" are normal.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Some of the people in those elementary classrooms might be LGBTQ...and they need to have positive role models.
Once again - whom one chooses to be sexually attracted to has NOTHING to do with ones historical contribution - and should not be taught to elementary school kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.