Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 09:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,215,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you sir can not even read simple English.I never failed I did and do quite well. I just don't see trying to go any further in a system where success and any profit is looked down upon. When I was growing up in the 50's it was admired and good to succeed not a reason to be hated. If you ever need a master carpenter I will still be available.cash only no exceptions.
No, I can read fine.

Quote:
I can no longer compete with the Mexicans. I never even gave retirement a thought..
Sounds like the competition beat you, and now you're advertising work under the table.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM

7,789 posts, read 8,056,350 times
Hey ya gotta compete right? see ya at the top

Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
AT&T paid for all the wires. Chairmen Allen said whatever he had to say, he is the chairman. The thruth is that the private sector si funding the government though taxes not the other way around. Enough with this BS.
The BS stops when YOU stop treading it.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,628,568 times
ROMNEY: "I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help."

Romney on the economy - YouTube

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,868,731 times
Obama is an intellectual.

Who are you to question such a great man as Obama?

The above is a "Teachable Moment".

Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,512,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
AT&T paid for all the wires. Chairmen Allen said whatever he had to say, he is the chairman. The thruth is that the private sector si funding the government though taxes not the other way around. Enough with this BS.
With public monies. You know how taxes work, right? Take a little for everyone to do big things. We've been doing it for decades, and until recently, there hasn't been a problem with it. Suddenly, a bunch of rich people discovered they could write the rules to benefit themselves, and con the idiots that serve them that what they are doing helps.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 PM

38,561 posts, read 22,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
I love how this is still going despite the fact that theirs video evidence and transcripts of what the guy said. "That" was roads, and he also said that a big part of success was individual initiative. Indisputable, factual proof and it's still continuing. Really sad...
What is sad is you missing his context, he was not dicussing infrastructure, he was listing all the reasons for why business owners are not to be credited with building their business.

0bama said they had help, said it was not because they were smart, or hard working, he said a teacher helped them, and they benefited from the internet and roads and bridges he droned on and on giving us his list for why he thought they did not build their business on their own, and his final thought was to tell them that someone else made that happen. Bridges and roads are not a "that" they would be described as "those" or "them" as in you did not build them, or you did not build those, a business would be described as a "that" not a bridge.

"If you've got a business... that... you didn't build that, someone else made that happen"

So your defense of 0bama is that he was not belittling business owners for not building their businesses, he was belittling them for not contributing the taxes that go into building bridges.

Either way you want to spin it, 0bama was being snarky and condscending to every single business owner in the USA.

Angry, petty, snarky little Berry 0bama belittling business owners: (Tell me again how the context of all this was about roads and bridges again)

"I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there."
Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News"

Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,512,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What is sad is you missing his context, he was not dicussing infrastructure, he was listing all the reasons for why business owners are not to be credited with building their business.

0bama said they had help, said it was not because they were smart, or hard working, he said a teacher helped them, and they benefited from the internet and roads and bridges he droned on and on giving us his list for why he thought they did not build their business on their own, and his final thought was to tell them that someone else made that happen. Bridges and roads are not a "that" they would be described as "those" or "them" as in you did not build them, or you did not build those, a business would be described as a "that" not a bridge.

"If you've got a business... that... you didn't build that, someone else made that happen"

So your defense of 0bama is that he was not belittling business owners for not building their businesses, he was belittling them for not contributing the taxes that go into building bridges.

Either way you want to spin it, 0bama was being snarky and condscending to every single business owner in the USA.

Angry, petty, snarky little Berry 0bama belittling business owners: (Tell me again how the context of all this was about roads and bridges again)

"I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there."
Read more: Obama claims Romney 'twisted' his words on 'you didn't build that' | Fox News"
Yes, you're an idiot because you fail to see that the entirety of Obama's speech is pointing out that business owners didn't single handidly create their business. Without roads and bridges to get customers and inventory, they woudn't have a business. Without someone to build their office, they wouldn't have a business.

It's short-sighted and asinine to think that business owners just poofed their way into success. It takes hard work. It takes skill. And it takes luck. A lot of people forget that last part. Some people were in the right place at the right time practicing something they were probably pretty good at, and got lucky. They did something any of a thousand people could have done (many of them better), and the difference was that this guy was there when he did it.

So to claim that small business owners are ****ing Hercules, and Obama is the devil because he's smarter than you, is ****ing ridiculous. It takes a village...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:26 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,806,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
With public monies. You know how taxes work, right? Take a little for everyone to do big things. We've been doing it for decades, and until recently, there hasn't been a problem with it. Suddenly, a bunch of rich people discovered they could write the rules to benefit themselves, and con the idiots that serve them that what they are doing helps.
AT&T put in its infrastructure with public monies? You have any proof for that?

I do know how taxes work but I am not sure if you do as well. I don't think you realize that the taxpayers, both individual and corporate, are not a bottomless pit from which you can take as much and as often as you want.
I hope you realize that taxes from a perspective of a business are a cost and as such are being reflected in prices of goods, effectively raising them. The more you tax business in the US the less it will be able to compete with foreign manufacturers who are not subject to such taxation by US government. From a perspective of an individual they are a cost as well, leaving less for his/her disposable income. Of course we need the government and of course we need it to support public infrastructure but this is also a thing of balance and so many politicians treat taxes and taxpayers as a bottomless pit. There are not bottomless pits in nature....

There is also a question how effective is government is spending money. I personally believe it is not, just because it lacks the incentive private business has to improve its effectiveness: competition. Waste of public money, billions spend on war in Iraq. Is this where you want your taxes to go? Are you absolutely sure that people in charge, so called public servants, spend your money wisely? I am not. Just open a newspaper.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 AM

No matter how you try to spin it THAT was referring to the long list of things Obama had been discussing, the infrastructure, yeah, THAT.

The really funny part about this is that anyone with half a brain know better. Makes me wonder who mittens is trying to sell this lie to. Just how stupid is mittens anyhow? He sure is looking childish in England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies