Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 03:02 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,805,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Do you even think before you spew your BS? You just conformed the point im making, business take tax breaks at the expense of everyone else. What you said, they bring other taxes in, new jobs, taxes that others pay amd in exchamge they don't pay taxes that most land owners routinely pay.

You are completely wrong, the public subsidizes commercial traffic. You must realize that the cost to build a road to support a truck is many times the cost of a low capacity road designed for autos only. If not for truck traffic all road construction would cost much less. And again, 20 times the weight but not 20 times the taxes paid.

FYI, EVERYONE pays taxes, you're full of it trying to claim 47% don't pay any taxes at all. The BS coming from you never ends.

I suggest you read the CD TOS, personal insults and name calling are not permitted. You need to stop that. You seem to fall into those personal attacks when you're wrong and you're backed into a corner. Funny thing is you're wrong so often you're going to have to find a better way to respond or the mods will surely ban you.
I already told you that there are with stations and trucks pay based on their weight, didn't I?
I also told you that access to infrastructure is not cheaper for business and it is more expensive as it not protected by PUC like residential rates. 47% of population doesn't pay any income tax. Why do you ignore reality?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I already told you that there are with stations and trucks pay based on their weight, didn't I?
I also told you that access to infrastructure is not cheaper for business and it is more expensive as it not protected by PUC like residential rates. 47% of population doesn't pay any income tax. Why do you ignore reality?
That poster may not understand how it works.

They said everybody pays taxes. Yup, that's right.
Then there's this thing called filing your taxes every April.
You get deductions and credits.
After taking the deductions and credits you can end up with a refund of all the taxes you paid last year.
Sometimes that refund is even more than you paid in.

You get all those taxes back from the government in a check.

47% of Americans fit that scenario.

There..maybe that poster will have a better understanding of how taxes work. One day they may have to file themselves.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,703,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That poster may not understand how it works.

They said everybody pays taxes. Yup, that's right.
Then there's this thing called filing your taxes every April.
You get deductions and credits.
After taking the deductions and credits you can end up with a refund of all the taxes you paid last year.
Sometimes that refund is even more than you paid in.

You get all those taxes back from the government in a check.

47% of Americans fit that scenario.

There..maybe that poster will have a better understanding of how taxes work. One day they may have to file themselves.
I know people who pay in around $1,500 in federal taxes, and then get a check for $3,000. They love tax day, cuz they get their free money. They justify it by saying they were owed it somehow, all I do is shrug and congratulate them. What else can you say, they filed their taxes properly, and got their tax return.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:04 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post

No. This country was built by Rockefellers and Carnegies and millions of nameless entrepreneurs and risk takers. By people who did not look for the government to help out or do the job. This country was up and running even before the government was established.
Carnegie was a real self-made man. Railroad, steel, he invested well and retired well. He used most of his money as a philanthropist, which exists even today. He was devoted to helping others.

The Rockefellers? If you've done any research at all on this family, you'll see the foundations of the stealth government behind the government. Not a great example of people that worked hard within the law.

Kind of interesting the Pennsylvania links.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Michael Dell did it as well with a feeder road off the highway to their lab.
Michael Dell was a hard working smart kid way back when. Ironically, his big first success was landing.......a government contract. I'm not picking on that, it was a smart move, he outbid others.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I know people who pay in around $1,500 in federal taxes, and then get a check for $3,000. They love tax day, cuz they get their free money. They justify it by saying they were owed it somehow, all I do is shrug and congratulate them. What else can you say, they filed their taxes properly, and got their tax return.
The saddest part of it is what most families like that make. There are some exceptions, but most people in that category, probably with kids, don't earn squat. If you added up all the other taxes they pay, it doesn't sound so sweet.

There are some people that had great jobs once, still work at them now, but for far less money. Some auto workers with families now qualify for EITC as well. The real advantages are at the top, most of them anyway.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,989,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Didn't Gates once built a road for Microsoft employees to use to get to work? Seems I vaguely remember something like that.
I have no idea, but MS didn't build a highway. I built a driveway for my house. It's not like I built one for the county.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM

You didn't build that MTA! You had help, we know it

Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,989,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
You didn't build that MTA! You had help, we know it
You're right. The town cleared it and removed their tree.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,048,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Unable to understand context, huh??
I keep hearing this. I watched and listened to Obama's full comment. I read it. I even humored myself and read this thread with an open mind in case someone on Obi's side could make me see the light.
Nope, turns out I totally get the context of his diatribe....and he's a boob.

Oh wait! I forgot to get Hollywood's opinion...yes - that will most certainly help me to "understand".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.