Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Actually, I'm fine with the so called job creators in this thread moving to somewhere without the burden of roads, public safety, a healthy and educated workforce, sanitation, and other public services. I will applaud their innate ability if they they can throw off the shackles of public goods that protect their investments and go to such a place and make a go at a successful small business.
With all those wonderful social goods and societal benefits, it is no wonder that every jackass that wants to start a business just makes money hand over fist, and why businesses almost never fail. Oh, sure, you might have to put out a sign before the money starts rolling in, but you can't help but get rich because the street out front is paved and they pick up the garbage once a week.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm fine with the so called job creators in this thread moving to somewhere without the burden of roads, public safety, a healthy and educated workforce, sanitation, and other public services. I will applaud their innate ability if they they can throw off the shackles of public goods that protect their investments and go to such a place and make a go at a successful small business.
Last time I checked; bridges and roads are crumbling; the healthy and educated work force is in debt $1,200,000,000,000.00 with a bullet; sanitation is a private industry; power generation is a private industry; communications and power in this country are still running on century-old copper.

So, we are left with public safety. I'll give you police and fire are a needed... oh wait, they are unionized and retire making 80-130% of what they earned while working.

I think privatizing EVERYTHING would be a boon to society. The federal government should do only what it is supposed to do; protect borders, resolve state conflicts, protect the rights of citizens and maintain our military in combination with the states.

Obama only showed the arrogance of our political elites. They must believe they are gods who control all the little peoples lives. It reminded me of "Let them eat cake"

Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Show me one post in this thread advocating a 0% tax rate for business owners.

Yeah, I thought so.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I guess that would fall under Obama's admission that the biggest mistake he made during his Presidency was not communicating better to the people. What he says is one thing, what he meant and was unsaid, was another. He seems to do alot of that.
The problem is that he DOES say what he means, and then people get upset about it and he can't figure out why. Kinda like my ex husband would lie and lie and when someone would say something about it it was " you misunderstood me" or "that wasn't what I MEANT to say". Liars and manipulators always do that!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
The problem is that he DOES say what he means, and then people get upset about it and he can't figure out why. Kinda like my ex husband would lie and lie and when someone would say something about it it was " you misunderstood me" or "that wasn't what I MEANT to say". Liars and manipulators always do that!
Typical narcissist reverberations. Nothing they say, is what they meant to say. Do as I say, not as I do, while pandering to a voting base of underachievers and the welfare class. What a feather in their cap.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
This man just doesnt get it. What the hell does he know about business anyways? Hes never owned one, probably never worked in one except when he was a teenager. All the knows is "it just isnt fair. Nothings fair because this person has more than that person. Its just not right and there is no way some people work harder to get to where they are"

This is just a continuation of attacking Romney, because he is a businessman. Romney has had success, and has created jobs. Obama hasnt ever created sh**, yet here he is, talking down to business owners or other people who achieve and succeed. Screw him. Obama, you are one of the worst presidents we've ever had. You can take your utopian, marxist type bs somewhere else, you piece of garbage. Get the hell out of our white house and go back to community organizing. Better yet, go get a real job. Go try and start a business. Id love to see how that would turn out.
I think Mitt Romney, just by being a businessman, will bring out the president's true agenda. Governor Romney won't have to say a word. Just let Obama yammer away. Obama wants to see needy Americans, all suffering and all equal. Oh, and no need to work, just let the government take care of you.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
How is this debatable? Between the internet, the post office, and interstate highways, how many hundreds of BILLIONS have been made by people using something someone else built?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Job creators are tax payers. They pay others that also pay taxes. Without them here you will find yourself without these services also.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How is this debatable? Between the internet & the post office, how many hundreds of BILLIONS have been made by people using something someone else built?
But you pay those owners a fee so they themselves are making money.
And the Post Office...you'd think they'd be extremely profitable. But they are a government entity so operating at a loss is expected.

And you pay to use something someone else built right ? Where does that money go ?
If there were no internet or post office then people would be selling their goods locally (which is your history).

Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
I think Obama's words were ill-chosen. He probably meant "If you’ve got a business - you didn’t build that alone. Somebody else helped you to made that happen".

I agree with his premise. If there wouldn't be the proper infrastructure and the necessary regulations we wouldn't have become the prosperous country we are. If we had no regulations, no laws, no roads, no infrastructure we would be Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies